#1 JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:JoeProcopio
  • LocationNYC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

I have been seeing a bunch of posts on multiple sites about the many users coming to RAZRs from GNexs...it can't be a fluke...something is up with the "Nexus" device...maybe that's why Google decided to not support it as a true Nexus device.

I went through 4 GNex's, the first one I got on launch, and then 3 replacements...after the 4th phone crapped on me, I got the MAXX and I'm so glad to be back in the Motorola family. had an OG Droid, great phone, but specs couldn't keep up with the development...then went to Dinc, Galaxy S Fassy, and GNex...never buying another manufacturer...waiting for a Nexus device from Moto......fingers crossed...

#2 newms323

newms323

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

I have been seeing a bunch of posts on multiple sites about the many users coming to RAZRs from GNexs...it can't be a fluke...something is up with the "Nexus" device...maybe that's why Google decided to not support it as a true Nexus device.

I went through 4 GNex's, the first one I got on launch, and then 3 replacements...after the 4th phone crapped on me, I got the MAXX and I'm so glad to be back in the Motorola family. had an OG Droid, great phone, but specs couldn't keep up with the development...then went to Dinc, Galaxy S Fassy, and GNex...never buying another manufacturer...waiting for a Nexus device from Moto......fingers crossed...

If moto gets a Nexus device I will cartwheel all the way to the store to buy it.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
  • mattlgroff likes this

#3 JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

i'll be right behind ya....somersaulting!

#4 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

Google stopped supporting the GNex as a Nexus?

#5 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

Google stopped supporting the GNex as a Nexus?

Verizon won't let them.
The Galaxy Nexus on Verizon was never a true Nexus device. Verizon demanded update approval for all updates. Nexus phones and tablets are updated by Google only not the carrier. Sprint Galaxy Nexus also isn't exactly a Nexus either, since Sprint has to approve updates.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#6 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Verizon won't let them.
The Galaxy Nexus on Verizon was never a true Nexus device. Verizon demanded update approval for all updates. Nexus phones and tablets are updated by Google only not the carrier. Sprint Galaxy Nexus also isn't exactly a Nexus either, since Sprint has to approve updates.

Oh that, yeah. Shame.

#7 midas

midas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

I have been seeing a bunch of posts on multiple sites about the many users coming to RAZRs from GNexs...it can't be a fluke...something is up with the "Nexus" device....

While I'm happy (REALLY REALLY HAPPY) I made the switch, I kind of did it by mistake. My first one was actually defective after about 3 days. The volume button didn't work in one direction. So I got a replacement for that. My second one I was having issues trying to connect to my corporate email. Since I had the same problem with the first one, and because someone else at work had no problem with their Razr connecting, I talked them into replacing the Gnex with the Razr Maxx. Of course, I had to pay the difference in price.

Turned out the problem with the corporate email wasn't the device. They had my AD account setup wrong and it wouldn't allow me to connect. Specially, it wouldn't allow me to add a device to my account.
  • JoeProcopio likes this

#8 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, the carriers are super lame. I jumped on the Nexus 7 because I know no jackass phone company will ever get in the way of that sweet sweet keylime pie q1 2013 :-D

Tap'n from my Nexus 7 AOKP

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#9 JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:49 AM

i have to say that I'm thoroughly ectastic with the switch...just trying to find a nice rom...for now i'm just stock rooted, removed some stuff in TiBU, and used Rom Toolbox to keep some things from starting...

any suggestions? waiting for CM10 to be ported and fully working...

#10 Bologna

Bologna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Twitter:@Bolognasez
  • Google+:bolowneeez@gmail.com
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

using safestrap. NO
Get the latest Droid Razr utility from here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(That file is a Godsend MattlGroff)
use it to root ( I see u already did this), install voodoo forever root, and safestrap
You can also use that to get back to stock if need be

Currently I'm running The Black Widow ICS rom because of the awesome Eagles theme that Wulf made me but I can easily toggle my unsafe side and be back to my .211 stock rom no sweat
I suggest safestrap for easy ROM flashing on the fly.
I currently also have ArcticHD and DroidHD on my sd card.
Posted Image

#11 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

It really depends on what you are looking for. I use a ROM called Ikream as my daily driver. I like it because it is smooth and quick. I use Juice Defender and Smart Actions to extend battery life. I just hooked up to my lapdock and my maxx had been running for 49 hours with 35% battery still left when I hooked up. I would have made it until tomorrow morning with some to spare. This was light to moderate use. With my average usage I can usually get 48-50 hours per charge.

A lot of people are really liking Arctic HD and Droid HD. Everyone says they are running great as well and both of them are still pretty early in development. If you decide to try Ikream let me know and I can send you a link.

Rockin' it with my Maxx, iKream and T-Talk

#12 JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

i put Arctic on...it's pretty nice...i like the slight Blur, gives the phone a little character. so JD is working well? I purchased this back in the OG Droid days but haven't used it lately...what are you setting in Smart Actions...haven't looked at that yet.

Anyone using Rom Toolbox to turn stuff off, etc?

#13 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

I have a bedtime setting which disables sync, cellular data, wifi and lowers my ring volume

Home and Work settings which are triggered by Wifi connections and timeframe, lowers screen brightness to 25%, turns ringer volume up to 100% and enables background sync.

Driving setting triggered by my dock, auto replies to text messages that I am driving, voice announce of incoming calls, enables cellular data and turns brightness up to 91%.

#14 JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

i threw eclipse on just have to get the Blur stuff back...finding i missed it, lol

#15 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

Hello glad to have you. Best site ever. They will help you and are friendly while helping you. Great members here. Chat with some in the chat room...

#16 Bologna

Bologna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Twitter:@Bolognasez
  • Google+:bolowneeez@gmail.com
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

Now I am running Dualcore by TeamSpeedCore. All I can say is :D
So far the only smart actions I have set up are when my phone is lapdocked the screen times out in 10 mins
When the phone is not charging screen timeout is set to 1 minute
When the phone is not charging and the battery is <25% the screen brightness goes down to 6%

I like the idea of turning background sync and data off when the screen is off but i dont actually think that helped me and I dont really want to disable my data
Posted Image

#17 JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

I put dual core on last night, and so far I'm liking it best...until we get some nice Jelly Bean action....i do miss that on my Nexus...but the call quality alone is making me forget that pretty fast.
  • Bologna likes this

#18 lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

I'm currently running the Artic HD ROM.

Razr Maxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic