Photo

Using Rsd Lite And Fastboot Files To Go Back To Stock (6.11.744)

How To

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#21 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

ok...lets see if i can explain this right. If I put my phone into fastboot and start up rsdLITE my phone is never detected by rsdlite. If the phone is running in the "normal" mode rsdlite puts my phone into fastboot, i can physically see it happen on the phone, but rsd never recognizes the phone is now in fast boot and I get a "phone failed to boot to fastboot mode" error or something like that........any ideas what the problem may be? ive have 5.6, the recent moto drivers, the phone is build .748, I was rooted via doomlords root process, and I was usiing safestrap. |Ive been doing this stuff for quite awhile but am still a noob lol.

Are u running this on MAC or Windows, are u running 64 bit on a 64 bit or 32 bit or vis versa as this maybe a cause of it as well.
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

#22 KANYONKRITTER

KANYONKRITTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

From everything i have read my phone and rsdlite are working exactly opposite of how it should be.

#23 KANYONKRITTER

KANYONKRITTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

Oh and no im not using a mac or a 64 bit system....ive got a 32 bit machine running xp pro.

#24 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:13 AM

Oh and no im not using a mac or a 64 bit system....ive got a 32 bit machine running xp pro.

Im at a loss of words as I have not heard of this issue nor can I find anything on it. My apologies that I am unable to help. Hopefully someone else might have a solution for you.
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

#25 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

ok...lets see if i can explain this right. If I put my phone into fastboot and start up rsdLITE my phone is never detected by rsdlite. If the phone is running in the "normal" mode rsdlite puts my phone into fastboot, i can physically see it happen on the phone, but rsd never recognizes the phone is now in fast boot and I get a "phone failed to boot to fastboot mode" error or something like that........any ideas what the problem may be? ive have 5.6, the recent moto drivers, the phone is build .748, I was rooted via doomlords root process, and I was usiing safestrap. |Ive been doing this stuff for quite awhile but am still a noob lol.

Make sure you are putting it into AP Fastboot mode yourself, and actually selecting it (not highlighting it only) from the Moto Recovery menu. If you computer still doesn't see it there are 3 possible reasons(since you have working drivers):
1) Faulty USB cord.
2) Faulty USB port.
3) Faulty Razr.

Try different USB cord in a different port, or even try RSD on another computer if you can (remember to install Moto drivers first).
Not much else I can tell ya, like Darkest I haven't encountered this before. I've used RSD Lite on Windows XP and had no issues

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#26 RAZRblade

RAZRblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:18 AM

Are you using the cable that came with the phone? After you select AP Fastboot on the phone what does it say.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#27 jbridges9

jbridges9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

Can I install The Arctic ROM over this and still keep the new kernel, radio, android and webtop versions or do I have to stay w/ stock?

#28 KANYONKRITTER

KANYONKRITTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

I have tried several different downloads of all applicable software, several different usb cables, and two different xp machines. All of the combinatioins resulted in the sames results as i originally described. I have poured over hundreds of pages on the net and found no one with the same issue. If its a faulty razor it'd be my second one. I am hoping someone has an idea of whats going on................and i have used rsd on a droid 1, two droid two's, and have had no luck with my rzr.

#29 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:22 AM

I have tried several different downloads of all applicable software, several different usb cables, and two different xp machines. All of the combinatioins resulted in the sames results as i originally described. I have poured over hundreds of pages on the net and found no one with the same issue. If its a faulty razor it'd be my second one. I am hoping someone has an idea of whats going on................and i have used rsd on a droid 1, two droid two's, and have had no luck with my rzr.

You have used the link at the bottom of this OP.. IM sure you have, but just checking. Combined FB

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#30 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

If you've got skype (webcam) so I can see what screens you're looking at on the phone I can probably help tonight when I get home from work. I've already remoted into a couple people's machines to help them with RSD issues...

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#31 KANYONKRITTER

KANYONKRITTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:23 AM

You have used the link at the bottom of this OP.. IM sure you have, but just checking. Combined FB

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Yes I had used that thank you, However that link led me on a journey and I was finally able I was finally able to get back to .744 using the "commmand line method" i then ota'd to .748. The whole reason for this was to get to .173 so where do I find the files to take me to .173 using the "command line method" rather than rsdLITE? (wich btw still giving me fits.)

#32 KANYONKRITTER

KANYONKRITTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:32 AM

I take that back the update to .748 (ota) failed

#33 KANYONKRITTER

KANYONKRITTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

I take that back the update to .748 (ota) failed

ok failed x2 so now I am stuck at .744 cant get to .748 and all because I wanted to get to .173 to run eclipse..........ey carumba

#34 Kathand

Kathand

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

I have been told this doesnt work with CDMA phones. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

#35 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:44 AM

I have been told this doesnt work with CDMA phones. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

This is ONLY for CDMA phones.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#36 grn4frk

grn4frk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:offenbergerab
  • Google+:113193353093127849150
  • LocationCharlotte, NC (Live in Boone, NC for school)

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

After I did this, my phone won't send a text message. It will recieve text, send MMSs and make/receive calls but will not send a regular text message. I got the OTA notice for .748 hoping that it would fix it, but it didn't. I tried doing the RSD again and still no dice. Any ideas?

Edit: I used the Unbrick method on this site, then did a wipe data in Recovery and all is well again.

#37 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

After I did this, my phone won't send a text message. It will recieve text, send MMSs and make/receive calls but will not send a regular text message. I got the OTA notice for .748 hoping that it would fix it, but it didn't. I tried doing the RSD again and still no dice. Any ideas?

Edit: I used the Unbrick method on this site, then did a wipe data in Recovery and all is well again.

I had this issue when i tried to restore my old SMS/MMS database. Had to wipe it out sadly.

Posted Image

#38 xiogua

xiogua

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

I had this issue when i tried to restore my old SMS/MMS database. Had to wipe it out sadly.

Same thing happened to me, but how long should I expect the flash to take? And how can I save my contacts when I wipe? Also, when I wipe, will it erase the interval sd card?

#39 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

Same thing happened to me, but how long should I expect the flash to take? And how can I save my contacts when I wipe? Also, when I wipe, will it erase the interval sd card?

Updates take about 5min once the update installation is actually started (ie: not including download time)

Contacts should be backed up on the google server by default unless you've been saving them as phone contacts instead of google contacts when you create them.

When you initiate factory restores, sd (internal and external) are untouched unless you specifically tell it to wipe those areas.

Posted Image

#40 xiogua

xiogua

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

That's 5 minutes to do a RSD back to stock?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: How To

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users