Photo

Hung on bootloader after installing new ROMs [TWRP 2.6.3]

xt907 bootloader twrp

Best Answer RikRong , 06 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

Also, most 4.4 ROMs will only work on the most up-to-date TWRP.  The version you are running is not the most current.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darkness1908

darkness1908

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

This evening I went to update to a 4.4 ROM after having some issues with the 4.2 ROM I'd been using for my DD. I was running TWRP 2.3 and updated to 2.6.3 with no issues. Proceeding as normal I wiped things as instructed by the ROM's directions (KitStalk 4.4.285) with the full GApps at the same time. It boots fine the first time, but upon rebooting it hangs indefinitely on the Motorola "M." I can get the ROM to install fresh by doing a FDR followed by mounting system and wiping cache, dalvik, and system and then proceeding to flash the ROM again but it seems to give the same issue regardless (also tried not flashing GApps at the same time but same issue). I also tried using an older ROM LiquidSmooth 2.9 and that did the same thing, flashed and booted fine the first time but following a reboot the phone just hangs.

Is there a way to remedy this? I've tried searching around and have seen what appears to be a few people with the same issue but not any concrete solutions to the problem just workarounds to get the ROM to flash and do an initial boot again.

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:51 AM

When you updated from 2.3 to 2.6.3 did you delete or rename the old TWRP folders??? You need to do that and let TWRP recreate the necessary folders.

#3 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:30 AM   Best Answer

Also, most 4.4 ROMs will only work on the most up-to-date TWRP.  The version you are running is not the most current.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#4 darkness1908

darkness1908

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

When you updated from 2.3 to 2.6.3 did you delete or rename the old TWRP folders??? You need to do that and let TWRP recreate the necessary folders.

I didn't explicitly do that, I dropped a zip of 2.6.3 on my external SD and flashed that from the old TWRP. I'm guessing that didn't delete/rename the folders for me. Which folders exactly am I looking for? I'd hate myself if I moved the wrong folder and killed my phone.

Is 2.7 available for the xt907? I was aware that 2.7 was out but was under the impression that it hadn't made it to this device yet.

#5 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

Yes, it is available.  DHacker has it in his Android Hosting files.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#6 darkness1908

darkness1908

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

Updated to 2.7.0.0, tried rebooting and didn't resolve at first. Did a clean flash of the same ROM and it appears it's working fine now. Thanks for the help!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xt907, bootloader, twrp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users