74 replies to this topic

#21 zach2011

zach2011

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

I'm glad it has gotten so much support. I contacted AccessorySwamp today and asked them how many likes they would need to see before continuing and all I got back was "As of right now we don't see ourselves pursuing it".

I hope they're not expecting some crazy number, it's a phone battery, not a car or something, and it already has way more likes/+1's than their other products. Oh well, keep sharing the link and cross your fingers, hopefully we'll see it made.

#22 rlockwich

rlockwich

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:04 AM

I like how in the specs it says "

Charges inside the phone, no special charger needed." I think it's bull$#!+.

#23 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

I like how in the specs it says "

Charges inside the phone, no special charger needed." I think it's bull$#!+.

The reason that is listed like that is because it actually will connect in the exact same spot as the old battery(Because you remove the old battery and replace it with this new one and a new housing back for the phone) and charge like any standard cell phone through the Micro USB port.
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

#24 rlockwich

rlockwich

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

Has anybody purchased this yet? I see it shows price, but that doesn't make sense if your all saying to +1 it.

#25 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

Has anybody purchased this yet? I see it shows price, but that doesn't make sense if your all saying to +1 it.

It is still a W.I.P. the reason we are saying that is because as it states on that page if read, "Like, or +1 this page. the more activity we get, the faster we will work on this product. The buttons are right underneath the image placeholder."
-Beta Mod-

Posted Image

#26 zach2011

zach2011

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

Yeah, it still seems to be "under development". It's gotten more attention than any of their other products so I really hope they make a batch.

#27 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

Hitting "like" is a bunch of crap... I won't give them the satisfaction of helping there position on facebook when I don't see a product yet... Just a bunch of hype.... I think they missed the boat on this... Now that the Razr Maxx is out there's no way the interest is still what it was... To top it off anyone opening the razr to do this loses there warranty...Motorola phones don't always play nice with aftermarket batteries either....I don't see this happening as of now....

#28 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

Hitting "like" is a bunch of crap... I won't give them the satisfaction of helping there position on facebook when I don't see a product yet... Just a bunch of hype.... I think they missed the boat on this... Now that the Razr Maxx is out there's no way the interest is still what it was... To top it off anyone opening the razr to do this loses there warranty...Motorola phones don't always play nice with aftermarket batteries either....I don't see this happening as of now....

Your approach to that was very unnecessary. They also have a +1 instead of Facebook. Some people know what they are doing and are willing to do this for that extended life. I still have interest in it.

Please rethink your next post if it is to comment like this again so that it will not discourage others from continuing support for this.
-Beta Mod-

Posted Image

#29 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

Not to be a downer..but what would the difference in this compare to a replacement back and battery to the maxx and install on the razr? (price..maybe)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#30 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

Your approach to that was very unnecessary. They also have a +1 instead of Facebook. Some people know what they are doing and are willing to do this for that extended life. I still have interest in it.

Please rethink your next post if it is to comment like this again so that it will not discourage others from continuing support for this.

My approach is based on 3 separate contacts with them and 3 different answers about when it will be ready...all 3 dates are past. There's still no product just hype...I initially made contact in mid December with them and posted the link on another site...they pulled the link but this was supposed to be out early Jan then mid then late.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#31 frankyvee

frankyvee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

Add it to your wish list and in the comments tell them you want one.

#32 vash_h

vash_h

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Google+:chiayx
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

I want one off these.. I was hoping someone will come put with this..

I need the much bigger battery!
Running Rooted Motorola Droid XT910 on 65.1.21.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

#33 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:31 AM

+1 it on their page. Hopefully it will come out.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

#34 loooney2ns

loooney2ns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Twitter:loooney2ns
  • Google+:loooney2ns

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:59 AM

I wish a company like Seidio would take on this challenge. I can take the back off my phone without any tools, just my fingernails. A 5mm torx and 4 screws and the battery is out. The whole thing would take 5 minutes to install. For those of us who are stuck with the Razr and can't get the Maxx, this is our only real option, unless you want to carry around an external battery.
  • dustincook87 likes this

#35 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

I wish a company like Seidio would take on this challenge. I can take the back off my phone without any tools, just my fingernails. A 5mm torx and 4 screws and the battery is out. The whole thing would take 5 minutes to install. For those of us who are stuck with the Razr and can't get the Maxx, this is our only real option, unless you want to carry around an external battery.

I dont think Seidio sells after market products that involve voiding a warranty like this will. Although I agree that would be nice, as long as they dont charge an arm and a leg like they normally do. =)
-Beta Mod-

Posted Image

#36 zach2011

zach2011

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

Seems as though they have pulled it off their site. Really disappointing, there are so many people who would buy this in an instant but it looks like they won't be producing it.

#37 Phantom R

Phantom R

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:37 AM

)YHATZEE!
I successfully swapped a MAXX battery over to my stock RAZR!
Yeah yeah its been done before, however I found a solution to the case issue and a supplier for the 3300mAH batteries. If you have parkinsons disease I wouldn't get involved with this topic! I'll take some pics...
Just a teaser it took me 30 minutes (and I have 3 thumbs and no pinkies) and a otter box case:-)
Grand total out the door........$51 green backs or if your from Malaysia 153.3825 ringgit:-)
  • Equake likes this

#38 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

)YHATZEE!
I successfully swapped a MAXX battery over to my stock RAZR!
Yeah yeah its been done before, however I found a solution to the case issue and a supplier for the 3300mAH batteries. If you have parkinsons disease I wouldn't get involved with this topic! I'll take some pics...
Just a teaser it took me 30 minutes (and I have 3 thumbs and no pinkies) and a otter box case:-)
Grand total out the door........$51 green backs or if your from Malaysia 153.3825 ringgit:-)

That's good news. Care to share how.I'm sure lots of razor owners will jump on it.

#39 oiram14

oiram14

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

Hey where did you get the battery? Can u post the link? Thanks

#40 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

I watched a video of taking out back part. Looks simple if you have the right tool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users