twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Ultra XT1080

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

Thanks for this awesome mod. And just a heads up for anyone interested. I was able to flash the circles widget onto my phone and I'm running .232 deodexed.

Well to be honest the installers should work on any ICS leaks for the Bionic, at least to where we are now at 246, (just remember you have to be deodexed) but i will have to add the uninstallers for them. I will go ahead and support 232 which i will post here shortly but i will not support 235, 238, or 242. I feel if you want to be on something above 232 then you are better off installing the most recent leak.

#22 elreydotcix

elreydotcix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Google+:philip.saindon

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

So, if you move the home screen app to /system, the GPS quick setting works..... but then the circles widget does not. Thought I would point that out

#unseen
  • mhous33 likes this

#23 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

So, if you move the home screen app to /system, the GPS quick setting works..... but then the circles widget does not. Thought I would point that out

#unseen

That's why everything goes into /data/app better things work in there than in /system/app. :)

#24 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

#unseen

i got gps toggle and circles widget to work by installing homescreen in /system/app and then reinstalling in /data/app, so it's in both directories :)

*edit*

didn't survive a reboot; still trying other stuff though...

#25 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

I just installed razr m circles widget using safe strap. On my safe side running rag3 rom with razr m stock blur launcher. Its amazing! And the circles widget is really cool. I like that you can flip each circle around and get a different look. Thank you soooo much for this. This has made my week!

#26 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

i got gps toggle and circles widget to work by installing homescreen in /system/app and then reinstalling in /data/app, so it's in both directories :)

*edit*

didn't survive a reboot; still trying other stuff though...

been there done that. ;)

keep chugging along i am sure there is something someone missed somewhere that will allow everything to work but i haven't found it yet maybe you will be the lucky one.

#27 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

Twink, how do you remove the Google search bar? Still loving this. Have had no problems whatsoever and phone has remained stable and rock solid since I flashed this earlier. Was worried since I used safe strap to flash. But, it has been great. Thanks again twinkyz1979.

#28 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

Twink, how do you remove the Google search bar? Still loving this. Have had no problems whatsoever and phone has remained stable and rock solid since I flashed this earlier. Was worried since I used safe strap to flash. But, it has been great. Thanks again twinkyz1979.

disable google search through the manage apps settings. you will lose all of google search though not just the widget at the top of the screens. Meaning you will no longer be able to use google search once you have disabled it.

#29 tom.etc

tom.etc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:tomprzybylinski
  • Google+:tom.etc
  • Locationhere, for the most part

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

has anyone tried to make a hardlink to the apk in both dirs and then installed it?
-- unnecessarily clever signature line

#30 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

has anyone tried to make a hardlink to the apk in both dirs and then installed it?

I am not sure what you mean by hard link?

#31 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

I think he meant symlink from one dir to the other.

#32 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

ok been trying different things in order to get the RazrM HomeScreen's GPS setting to work and still a no go. I will keep looking into this just have to call it quits for the night.

#33 frankie15

frankie15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

I am using this on CM10 Jelly Bean with Safestrap. I REALLY like the circles widget, but I wish it could be used on 3rd party launchers like Apex. Oh well, awesome job!

#34 Phoenixus

Phoenixus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Long story short, I renamed the original weather widget files (apk and odex) before installing circles. I tried circles and the razr m homescreen, but wanted to go back to stock.

I have everything working except weather widget doesn't show up in the widget selector or even in the installed apps. The permissions on the odex and apk file are correct, and the file names are correct. I've rebooted multiple times. If i click the apk to install it, it just says application not installed. Is there a way i'm not thinking of to fix this without flashing a file or fxzing? I only currently have SS installed which doesn't allow flashing to the stock side.

#35 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Long story short, I renamed the original weather widget files (apk and odex) before installing circles. I tried circles and the razr m homescreen, but wanted to go back to stock.

I have everything working except weather widget doesn't show up in the widget selector or even in the installed apps. The permissions on the odex and apk file are correct, and the file names are correct. I've rebooted multiple times. If i click the apk to install it, it just says application not installed. Is there a way i'm not thinking of to fix this without flashing a file or fxzing? I only currently have SS installed which doesn't allow flashing to the stock side.

did you remove the weather apk installed by the installer for the the razr-m? this should be found in /data/app.

i will try to help you the best i can but please note the red parts of the OP.

#36 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Twinks...I'm just now getting around to reverting my phone to .246 vi FXZ.

Unless I'm mistaken, these mods require one to have a deodexed system?

#37 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Twinks...I'm just now getting around to reverting my phone to .246 vi FXZ.

Unless I'm mistaken, these mods require one to have a deodexed system?

Shouldn't matter with the exception of my weather reverting mod since it puts back the weather apk into system upon uininstalling circle widgets. this is the only thing that gets modified within the /system/app folder everything else is put into the /data/app folder. so if you ever want to get rid of the circles widgets and have stock weather again you will need to keep a copy of the weather apk and odex file from your current /system/app folder unless you are deodexed then my mods work 100%.
  • johnlgalt likes this

#38 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hmmm. I freeze that stupid thing anyway - I bought BW a looooooooooong time ago, and I still use it....

But, yeah, I'm relatively sure I can edit that sucker out if need be :P

Thanks for the heads up.
  • twinkyz1979 and greeneink like this

#39 Ulysses

Ulysses

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSan Diego CA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Flashed to my Bionic jellybean 4.3, Eclipse Rom and working great tried manually on OG Droid it didn't work, oh well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users