#1 tmaiden

tmaiden

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

DroidRZR,
I have a SafeStrap 2.00/2.11 backup of my phone. I browsed to the directory \safestrap\backup\nonsafe-YYYY-MM-DD.HH.MM.SS and opened the files systemorig.ext3.tar which contains a folder named app with all of my backed up applications. I would like restore only the applications from this backup. I can easily extract the apks and adb them to my phone. Does anyone know an easier way? If not, do I push them to system/app? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DroidRZR Mods,
Please move this topic if I am posting in the wrong forum or please direct me to a forum where I would receive more help.

Thanks Everyone!

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

There is an app on the market called ZArchiver and it's similar to a root explorer type app except it allows you to open compressed folders. Like a 7zip or winrar for PC. I've used it plenty of times to copy stuff from my backups. Hope that helps!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

DroidRZR,
I have a SafeStrap 2.00/2.11 backup of my phone. I browsed to the directory \safestrap\backup\nonsafe-YYYY-MM-DD.HH.MM.SS and opened the files systemorig.ext3.tar which contains a folder named app with all of my backed up applications. I would like restore only the applications from this backup. I can easily extract the apks and adb them to my phone. Does anyone know an easier way? If not, do I push them to system/app? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DroidRZR Mods,
Please move this topic if I am posting in the wrong forum or please direct me to a forum where I would receive more help.

Thanks Everyone!

Another one similar to ZArchiver that tucstwo mentioned, is AppExtractor. I like its interface and it has batch controls in the pro version.
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#4 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Sir, you already asked this in the apps section. I not only answered you but moved it to the proper forum as per your request, I moved it to the FAQ "proper" forum. Please don't repost the same stuff in multiple forums.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#5 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Another one similar to ZArchiver that tucstwo mentioned, is AppExtractor. I like its interface and it has batch controls in the pro version.

Thanks for this info, Ill have to look into this one as I've only used ZArchiver to pull stuff out of compressed back ups and compressed .tar like stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SafeStrap, App, Restore, Backup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users