Attached Files

#82 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 39,790 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

Don't know what to tell you.  It's been tested by quite a few people.  There's something definitely not right with your particular environment.  If it were me, I'd create a directory called FXZ_9.30.1, copy all the files from the FXZ into it, copy the RSD Script Generator jar, run it to regenerate the files, and then try loading it again in RSD.  Also make sure you're using RSD 6.1.5 or later (I posted 6.1.6 this morning).

5uWEQs7.jpg

Non potest esse nisi unus

#83 bladearrowney

bladearrowney

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:bladearrowney

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

Here's some information that people might find helpful. 

1.) If you are flashing to 9.30.1 for whatever reason, verify the md5 on the fxz. For whatever reason, this particular download kept getting messed up, resulting in a bad system image. If it fails to match what's on sbf dev, try downloading it from another computer or a different connection.

2.) If you are sure you have a good fxz, try a different port or different computer. Don't know why, but failed every time on my desktop, worked first try on laptop.

3.) If you install the ota but end up in a bootloop , don't fret. Go into the new recovery from moto and install the ota again. Something about the ota install script or whatever doesn't always work so well with the old recovery, but as long as it gets the new one installed it'll take the ota properly the next time.

• SamuriHL likes this

#84 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 39,790 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

That last point is made in the OP.  ;)

5uWEQs7.jpg

#85 mrtoad883

mrtoad883

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

ok just realized when i run the script generator your directions say:

o) Select the VRZ_XT926_9.8.1Q-94-1_RSD.xml file, and then press the Generate Scripts button

however when i go to do it, it says the file is:

VRZ_XT926_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml

not sure if that makes a difference or if that is an issue for me

#86 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 39,790 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

Nope. Doesn't make any difference.

5uWEQs7.jpg

#87 mrtoad883

mrtoad883

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

ok. dont know what i am missing but hopefully i get to the bottom of it. thanks for all the quick replys.

#88 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 39,790 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

I don't know what's missing, either.  RSD is not happy though.

5uWEQs7.jpg

#89 PhatMuffinMan

PhatMuffinMan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:03 PM

Quick question.

I am running Safestrap 3.12 on a locked bootloader. I was running the stock rom and did a system update OTA but it failed.

So I removed safestrap and supersu via the apps screen. Now the safestrap bootlooder is still there and the OTA update continues to fail. I think I may have tried to uninstall the safestrap incorrectly. I reset the phone to factory and now I cannot install the safestrap apk to try to uninstall correctly. it appears I do not have root.

Should I be okay to try this method to install to KK or could my device possibly get bricked because I am running the safestrap bootloader?

#90 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 39,790 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

If you want to go to KK you may use this method.  HOWEVER, take my warning seriously about losing root, possibly permanently, unless by some miracle a new root exploit is found.  You guys got lucky on the last update that a root exploit for a different phone worked.  This time around, maybe not as lucky.

• mrtoad883 likes this

5uWEQs7.jpg

#91 scocam

scocam

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

Great write-up, Sam! I very much appreciate all your hard work and perseverance. Quick question- how might I (or we) go about sending you a little, "thank you" for your work? PayPal or ???

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#92 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • Twitter:@rlongjr80
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 5

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

might be doing a previous step wrong? 

The RSD you are using shows 6.1.5, the version Sam linked is 6.1.6.  That might make a difference, but I'm not sure.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#93 college4sure

college4sure

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

I only have usb 3.0 on my machine on win 8.1 and had no issues at all.

#94 AOC612

AOC612

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

Tried the link for 4.4 CWM but the link isn't working.

#95 seave

seave

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:18 AM

Been following this post for a couple of days now. My phone was rooted, locked BL, safestrap, Batakang ROM. I have successfully flashed 9.30 using your method, but for the life of me I can not get into recovery. Just get the dead Andy. I have mashed every button combination I can think of and just get nowhere. I saw a post on this thread where somebody had the same problem and was able to press the vol + and vol- to get there. Doesn't work for me. What the heck am I doing wrong/missing? Thanks in advance!

#96 mrtoad883

mrtoad883

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

woooo it worked!

on a sidenote, as someone else previously posted, there is no transparent banner at the top. however if i run a kitkat launcher it has it. maybe this method of updating wasn't able to produce that or the phone in general didn't get it.

#97 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 39,790 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:59 AM

Great write-up, Sam! I very much appreciate all your hard work and perseverance. Quick question- how might I (or we) go about sending you a little, "thank you" for your work? PayPal or ???

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No donation necessary. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

5uWEQs7.jpg

#98 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 39,790 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:00 AM

I only have usb 3.0 on my machine on win 8.1 and had no issues at all.

Consider that an abhoration. I've never seen USB 3 work.

5uWEQs7.jpg

#99 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 39,790 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:01 AM

Been following this post for a couple of days now. My phone was rooted, locked BL, safestrap, Batakang ROM. I have successfully flashed 9.30 using your method, but for the life of me I can not get into recovery. Just get the dead Andy. I have mashed every button combination I can think of and just get nowhere. I saw a post on this thread where somebody had the same problem and was able to press the vol + and vol- to get there. Doesn't work for me. What the heck am I doing wrong/missing? Thanks in advance!

As it says in the op the key combo has changed. Hold volume up and tap the power button.

5uWEQs7.jpg

#100 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 39,790 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:04 AM

woooo it worked!

on a sidenote, as someone else previously posted, there is no transparent banner at the top. however if i run a kitkat launcher it has it. maybe this method of updating wasn't able to produce that or the phone in general didn't get it.

This method of updating is not the issue. All files are signed. If something were missing it wouldnt flash properly. They simply didn't put it in the update. Personally I'd switch to GEL if I were still rocking a moto device. I use it on both my Samsung devices.

• mrtoad883 likes this

5uWEQs7.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users