Photo

Possible To Backup Rom Without Functional Screen?

adb rom backup rooted

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Darksmoak

Darksmoak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

I've searched and haven't found a definitive answer.

I have a rooted Droid Razr with stock ICS, but the screen is non functional. I can use the HDMI to access but can't unlock the screen to do anything. Is there a way to backup the ROM without using the screen? I would assume there's a way to use ADB to back it up so I can restore on the replacement. Anyone have any suggestions on where to look or how to do this? Thanks!

#2 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

I've searched and haven't found a definitive answer.

I have a rooted Droid Razr with stock ICS, but the screen is non functional. I can use the HDMI to access but can't unlock the screen to do anything. Is there a way to backup the ROM without using the screen? I would assume there's a way to use ADB to back it up so I can restore on the replacement. Anyone have any suggestions on where to look or how to do this? Thanks!

You can perform a back-up without a functional display. You can use adb command line, our you can use one of several apps that provide a GUI. Please Google the Wugs Nexus Toolkit for example. (Yes, it's for Nexus, but it works fine for the Razr, just don't load the Samsung driver per their instructions.)

#3 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

If you have a mini HDMI cord (or adaptor), you can use a TV or computer monitor as your screen. You don't need a dock to do it.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#4 Darksmoak

Darksmoak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

I saw the nexus tool, wasn't sure if it would work with the razr, I'll give it a shot thanks. Stealthmouse, I tried that but the touchscreen is non responsive so I can't unlock, I am going to try the HD dock with an attached mouse first for the heck of it. Thanks for the help guys!

#5 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

With adb you could pull all you're files to your computer and then put them onto your new phone. but it's not gonna be like a NANDroid back up where your home screens and settings are all saved and such. Plus, if for some reason ADB debugging wasn't enabled on your phone before the screen broke, then you have no way of going into settings to enable it. Anyway. Make a folder on the root of your computer and call it "phone". So it can be found at "C:\phone". Then within phone create 2 folders. "apps" and "app data" then you plug in the phone. Get adb running on your computer and type

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If you did that right then all you apps, and their data should safely be on your computer.

When you get the new phone. You can take all your apps and put them on your SD card and get a file manager app like ES File explorer and manually install them, or you could also reinstall them from the Play Store. Then to restore your app data.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If you're only concerned about your data and don't mind re-downloading the apps from Google Play, then just "pull" the /data/data/ part.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#6 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

Moving this to Support-Help forum, this isn't a development type of thread,

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adb, rom, backup, rooted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users