• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:50 AM

I've said the same thing multiple times and have tried to get people to follow basic instructions for rebooting back into recovery, bringing up the menu, and reflashing the OTA but I got either HUH, I can't I'm bricked, or "didn't work" as responses so I stopped bothering.

It's like talking to a brick wall.

I guess people go and try to do something, they panic and the first thing they do is post "HELP" rather than calming down and researching a bit on what to do.

That, or they keep trying the same thing or something different and then they end up bricking their phone.

Oh well, what can you do?

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#22 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:57 AM

Write tools that automate 90% of what needs to be done in order to fix bricked phones.  Oh right, I did that.  LMAO :D

• ibolski and RikRong like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#23 derekmiller2022

derekmiller2022

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:25 PM

Safestrap

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

#24 donbx174

donbx174

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

You guys just saved my rear end.  Can't afford to lose this phone because it's so essential to me because of work.  I was at the gym earlier today and for some reason my phone reset itself.  I lost months of pictures in my internal memory and in my SD card.  Everything mysteriously gone!!!  I almost bricked it trying to root it to recover the data.  Followed a crappy tutorial online where I read every step before I attempted anything and I didn't even get past the first step without it almost killing my phone!!  Phone just kept looping.  I'm pretty good at tinkering with computers and electronics however I hadn't done this in a while and I had never rooted or flashed a phone before.

After a few google searches.....some youtube videos....and coming across this forum I'm back in business.  Thanks to guys like you that post and help each other out.  Gotta really appreciate the Android community.  I've lost countless memories and videos of the past few months, pretty bummed about that still, but at least I don't have to run to greedy verizon and give them more $$ for a new phone! haha  Enjoy your summer fellas.  No more rooting for me!!!! lol 

#25 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

You really should reconsider. Only because right now you can not only root, but also unlock, the hd and m. This is a very rare opportunity.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[ROOT/UNLOCK] RAZR HD/M build 183 kitkat Towel Root Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
  • ibolski likes this

#26 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:34 AM

You really should reconsider. Only because right now you can not only root, but also unlock, the hd and m. This is a very rare opportunity.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[ROOT/UNLOCK]-RAZR-HD/M-build-183-kitkat-Towel-Root
[ROOT/UNLOCK] RAZR HD/M build 183 kitkat Towel Root

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Told him the same thing in another thread. Let's hope he hears the music!

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#27 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:19 AM

I lost months of pictures in my internal memory and in my SD card.  Everything mysteriously gone!!!  I almost bricked it trying to root it to recover the data.

Consider automatically syncing your pics with Google Drive or another online cloud of some sort.  I had 2 SD cards get fried within a few months of each other and lost a ton of pics on both.  Now, everything gets backed up to a cloud.

• ibolski likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#28 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:25 AM

Consider automatically syncing your pics with Google Drive or another online cloud of some sort.  I had 2 SD cards get fried within a few months of each other and lost a ton of pics on both.  Now, everything gets backed up to a cloud.

I concur completely with this. I have it set up to automatically sync to my Google+ account and all photos are private until I share them.

2cqd4t2.png

#29 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:29 AM

I concur completely with this. I have it set up to automatically sync to my Google+ account and all photos are private until I share them.

Let me correct myself, I also backup to +, not Drive. ;)

R. Long: Pixel 5

#30 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

I use DB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users