22 replies to this topic

#1 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,438 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

This has now been tested and does not work.  All links and instructions pulled as it's not going to help.

Head

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Non potest esse nisi unus

#2 xavierscreed

xavierscreed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

When I flash from SD card, it instantaneously says that its done. No way its doing anything that fast with that big of a file.

#3 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,438 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:51 AM

That's not nearly enough information.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

#4 xavierscreed

xavierscreed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:48 AM

I ran the unbrik.bat. It then sys partition security version downbraded. Piv block validation for system failed. invalid piv image:system. 

#5 xavierscreed

xavierscreed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:18 AM

I had installed the ota update on the phone while it was still rooted. Obviously a stupid decision. Of course it is now stuck in the boot loop. Last night when I was running the unbrick I guess a lot of parts were remote failing. Now it seems to be working correctly up till the end when those messages are visible. I guess running the ota from the sd card is a mute point with those failures? It still instantaneously runs the ota from sd card with no changes to the boot loop after.

#6 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,438 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:54 AM

Yea so as I said in the op that's something I needed to know. It's not going to work. You're waiting for an FXZ.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

#7 xavierscreed

xavierscreed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

Verizon is sending me a replacement. Will unlock my other phone and wait for fxz to mess with my other phone.

#8 xavierscreed

xavierscreed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:39 AM

Thanks for the attempt.

#9 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,438 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

It was worth a shot.  Moto security locked the system partition so you guys are GENUINELY never going back.  In fact, I'd delete all previous FXZ's and OTA's you may have downloaded as they are worthless.

#10 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,438 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:13 AM

FXZ is incoming.  Will post it shortly.

• hey__no_really and raymondrbowman like this

#11 xavierscreed

xavierscreed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

that was quick

#12 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,438 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

Yea, someone had it kicking around and forgot about it.  He was asked by another user so he posted it this morning.  I'd have known about it sooner but he spelled my name wrong so I didn't get pinged.  LOL

#13 xavierscreed

xavierscreed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

just waiting for phone to charge a bit more and then going to try it. have everything set up with the rsd lite and java and all.

#14 xavierscreed

xavierscreed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

any way to keep the phone off so it charges faster? it just keeps turning itself on.

• hey__no_really likes this

#15 hey__no_really

hey__no_really

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Current Device(s):Xt926m

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

Ok I am the idiot that was working way to much and thought hmmm, maybe if i unroot with oovoodoo and take ota life will be jolly, NOT!  i suffer the same as others with never ending boot loop that only ends in battery death.  Bootloader locked, but can access the options.  Am waiting before I go any further until some has a sure fire remedy.  I trust there is hope for this and if so please advise on specifics, i.e. software, zips, roms etc. Thanks in advance.

#16 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,438 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

Ok I am the idiot that was working way to much and thought hmmm, maybe if i unroot with oovoodoo and take ota life will be jolly, NOT!  i suffer the same as others with never ending boot loop that only ends in battery death.  Bootloader locked, but can access the options.  Am waiting before I go any further until some has a sure fire remedy.  I trust there is hope for this and if so please advise on specifics, i.e. software, zips, roms etc. Thanks in advance.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• hey__no_really and xavierscreed like this

#17 xavierscreed

xavierscreed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

Thanks its up and working now. Too bad i next day shipped a new phone from verizon.

#18 xavierscreed

xavierscreed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

ya hey no really, i was bricked and locked after i tried to do the ota and i just followed samurai's post and am back going in kit kat. luckily i did it on my wifes phone and left mine to see how hers went muahaha but all is well now. Thanks tonz samurai!

• SamuriHL likes this

#19 hey__no_really

hey__no_really

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Current Device(s):Xt926m

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

ya hey no really, i was bricked and locked after i tried to do the ota and i just followed samurai's post and am back going in kit kat. luckily i did it on my wifes phone and left mine to see how hers went muahaha but all is well now. Thanks tonz samurai!

Which post please.  I am very burned out from work right now and normally I can find these things but I cant seem to find the specifics

#20 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

The op of this thread maybe?

Sent from my S-Offed One M8

• cmh714 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users