Photo
- - - - -

Flashed wrong FXZ to XT907, fixable?

xt907 xt926 brick

Best Answer SamuriHL , 23 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

Nope.  That's one of the few ways to permabrick a phone.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Shamlett

Shamlett

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

Wanted to flash stock rom with all the yummy bloatware so I could install ota update. Downloaded the fxz last night before bed, woke up this morning, fired up RSDLite. Upon seeing the failure message I noticed that the fxz I downloaded last night was intended for XT926, not XT907 (probably the dumbest mistake I've made all year).

Phone doesn't boot, screen doesn't come on, device doesn't show up in windows explorer or RSDLite BUT windows does make the "dadunk" noise indicating a usb device has been connected. Is there any hope or has my inability to read left me ultimately boned? Thanks

#2 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:02 AM   Best Answer

• RikRong and Shamlett like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#3 Shamlett

Shamlett

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

Update:

- while plugged into PC, if I hold pwr+vol down I hear the windows notifications that a device has been disconnected and reconnected. 

- phone is visible in Devices and Printers, shows up as QHSUSB_DLOAD

- phone is definitely charged (had a full charge when I started all this) but still no screen activity

#4 Shamlett

Shamlett

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

lol crap. Alright, thank you.  

#5 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

Wanted to flash stock rom with all the yummy bloatware so I could install ota update. Downloaded the fxz last night before bed, woke up this morning, fired up RSDLite. Upon seeing the failure message I noticed that the fxz I downloaded last night was intended for XT926, not XT907 (probably the dumbest mistake I've made all year).

Phone doesn't boot, screen doesn't come on, device doesn't show up in windows explorer or RSDLite BUT windows does make the "dadunk" noise indicating a usb device has been connected. Is there any hope or has my inability to read left me ultimately boned? Thanks

I hope you got insurance on your phone..that wont be covered under warranty unless you fib about it lol. Good luck with getting your new phone.

For future reference use links from here for RSD Lite flashing

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Shamlett likes this

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#6 Shamlett

Shamlett

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:19 AM

I hope you got insurance on your phone..that wont be covered under warranty unless you fib about it lol. Good luck with getting your new phone.

For future reference use links from here for RSD Lite flashing

Thanks :) Fortunately I was insured and I got my shiny new XT907 last Tuesday. I was required to physically damage the old device before my claim was accepted and I was very impressed with how durable this phone is! I was a bit disappointed to see 98.30.1 on the replacement as I don't intend to give up root (and will therefore likely miss out on the 4.4 update that started this whole fiasco) but, as my very patient wife pointed out, at least I have a phone again! You can bet I'll be keeping an eye on this thread

EDIT: trying to make my link prettier, gave up lol

#7 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:38 AM

You can root the 98.30.1 but not kk unless you are unlocked and you can't unlock 98.30.1 to have rooted kk. If you want to make the link pretty lol, just type in what you want or to say, highlight the words and click the link button in the editor (looks like a chain link with a green plus) then enter the link (leave out the http https or whatever it is and use the drop-down on the left) and press ok.

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xt907, xt926, brick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users