heheh00

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Current Device(s):Razr M XT907

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

i followed the instruction and was able to root but unlock doesn't seem to work. i tried both the motoapocalypse apk and zip file provided but with no luck after booting to fastboot, still Device is LOCKED. status: 0.

need help here guys, thanks.

#562 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:20 AM

Post a screen shot of about phone.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Non potest esse nisi unus

#563 johnny907

johnny907

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

Please be patient with me but I am extremely new to rooting.  I have a Droid Razr HD Maxx.  This phone is completely stock and is running Jellybean.  The OTA 182.46.10 update pops up every day and I want to make the move to 4.4.2 but I also need super user access (ie. root).  My question is, can someone tell me exactly what I need to do, step by step?  Do I need to unlock the xt926 before I update?  I am not going to flash a custom rom or anything once updated, I just need root access to keep my wifi tethering which will require root in 4.4.2.  Any help would be very much appreciated. 

#564 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

You need to update first. Then root with towelroot. If you wish to keep root on any further updates then the last thing you will need to do is unlock the beast... So if a update comes root can be easily applied through a custom recovery.

new_animated_sig.gif

#565 smb5769

smb5769

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD, Droid Turbo

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:34 AM

I didn't want to start yet another root thread, I couldn't find any info through search on this question. Isnt there an official (factory) method to root a phone through adb? It requires you to be unlocked first though, right?

#566 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

well since you cant unlock unless youre rooted, that comes first. No such thing as an official method for rooting since the carriers dont want you rooting the device to begin with.

Is it possible you are getting mixed up with SIM unlocking?? which we cant do "officially" on the 926, but the 925 allows for that....

#567 smb5769

smb5769

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD, Droid Turbo

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:48 AM

I must be thinking of a developers edition phone that can be unlocked using the fasboot method. I'm thinking that the factory techs have to have some method to get in to work on a phone if you send it in, which is why I think there has to be a factory method of unlock and root. Of course I'm sure it involves proprietary software and special passwords or codes.

#568 banditz

banditz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

My phone rooted with no problems following the instructions. I do have a couple questions if you don't mind.

1. Do I need to freeze the phone from OTA updates, if so what do I need to freeze in titanium backup?

2. What would the process be to return the phone back to stock unrooted?

Thanks in advance

#569 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

You mention only being rooted.  Did you also unlock?  Make sure you do so if you haven't.  

1. Doesn't matter if you're unlocked

2. See 1, but, SuperSU can unroot you or you can just re-flash the FXZ.

#570 banditz

banditz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for your answers. I did indeed unlock, but how do I tell if it really is unlocked?

#571 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

Boot into fastboot mode and look at the device status.

#572 erockgineer

erockgineer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

Hi all, first and foremost thanks for the awesome step by step in the OP. Using it and just your normal reading around I was able to go pretty flawlessly through this. I was on the latest system version (182.46.10.XT926.Verizon.en.US) as well as 4.4.2.  I used Towelroot and moto-pocalypse to get root and unlock the bootloader. I have status 3. I then installed ClockWorkMod Recovery with no trouble as well as UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip within CWM.

Here are my two current concerns/problems. They aren't super critical but they are rather annoying.

1) I tried doing a CWM backup through CWM recovery.  It got about half way and failed during "backup data".  So I tried again, this time it made it almost all the way and failed during the "MD5 Sum" part.  I gave up and booted back to my home screen.  But here's the weird part, my internal storage dropped from 7 GB free to 1.6 GB free.  I've checked everywhere to see if the backup files were actually created, but there is none, so where on earth did my free space go?

2) Every time I try to reboot from CWM, it gives me the "Possible Root Loss" warning. The first time I hit yes and let it try to fix it. It reboot and then when I went to "Root Checker" it said I lost root. But I actually just had to wait a minute and it asked me to grant it SU access. Once I did that it was fine.  But every time I still try to reboot from CWM, I get that Possible Root Loss error.  Should I just ignore it? Or should I try to update to UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip using CWM?

Thanks everyone, I know these are unique problems but any help would be greatly appreciated.

#573 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

Sounds like the wrong version of CWM to me.

#574 erockgineer

erockgineer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Hmmm...I used your file (CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT) located on the "[ROOT/UNLOCK] 4.4.2 182/183 RAZR HD/M *ONLY*" page located at 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Do you recommend a more updated one?

#575 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

"Your file".  LOL.  I didn't host it.  I merely linked to it.  Search around and see if there's an updated version.  Most people are using TWRP.

• watson387 likes this

#576 watson387

watson387

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

TWRP works great for me. Try that instead.

#577 erockgineer

erockgineer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

lol...I've given you ownership of the file :-)  

Yeah, I think I might make the switch to TWRP.  The only reason I used CWM is because I was going to flash CyanogenMod 11 ROM.....just because I can't find a better one. Do you guys want to recommend a fast one to me ... eh..eh... ;-)  I don't want to hijack the thread ... but I think you answered both my questions by recommending my switch to TWRP.

I just got tired of how slow the phone got and when I saw your guy's awesome work that opened up the ability to unlock it again...i figured now was the time....now i just have to find the best ROM :-)

#578 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

lol...I've given you ownership of the file :-)  

Yeah, I think I might make the switch to TWRP.  The only reason I used CWM is because I was going to flash CyanogenMod 11 ROM.....just because I can't find a better one. Do you guys want to recommend a fast one to me ... eh..eh... ;-)  I don't want to hijack the thread ... but I think you answered both my questions by recommending my switch to TWRP.

I just got tired of how slow the phone got and when I saw your guy's awesome work that opened up the ability to unlock it again...i figured now was the time....now i just have to find the best ROM :-)

TWRP flashes CM11 just fine. Not sure why you felt you had to use CWM. CM11 is not specific to a particular recovery as long as the custom recovery knows how to read the install images, that's all that matters.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#579 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

Search around this forum.  There are a lot of great roms out there.  I don't own this device so I have no dog in the hunt for a good rom, but, do some reading and find the most popular ones out there and give them a try.

#580 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

I like LiquidSmooth and Baked, also OmniRom is ok and have tried Gummy too. But poke around in the Rom area

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users