#881 PuttsMoBilesiCit

PuttsMoBilesiCit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:puttsmobiles

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

That's only for the quick message. There's no option to change the theme.

oh boo..

#882 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

How's everyone liking CN4?
  • strongbowsix likes this

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#883 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

I'm using as my Daily, only bummer is the bluetooth issue, but I have been dealing with it. So far a week and it's running pretty good. A few lags here and there, but still great!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

• Rootuser94 likes this

#884 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

Like it a LOT!! using it as my 99.5 % daily driver and switching back to IcarusHD when I want to use the BT headset for phone calls. It does seem that a couple of apps like Waze don't like this ROM and tend to have a bunch of FC errors, but that's the only thing I've seen that is not 100%.
  • blazo likes this
Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#885 shawnn125

shawnn125

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Had some problems when I flased it in RomSlot2 (losing /system/.../notification now and then). Should have flashed on RomSlot1, but will for next update.
But everything else was great. Itching for update

#886 strongbowsix

strongbowsix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Absolutely sweet! Just wish they fixed the Bluetooth issues with jellybean builds. :)

#887 dman1049

dman1049

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

I'm not getting emails when they arrive. I have to go to gmail and hit the sync/refresh. Its set to sync and to notify me. It does neither. Any ideas? Also update in play store but says package not signed correctly. Not the ROMs problem or is it?

#888 PuttsMoBilesiCit

PuttsMoBilesiCit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:puttsmobiles

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Love it! Been using it since 1.3. Just one thing. Any way to bring back the dark themed messenger?

#889 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Love it! Been using it since 1.3. Just one thing. Any way to bring back the dark themed messenger?

I'm working on it lol

Posted Image

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

#890 raul4916

raul4916

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

using it as my daily driver since CN1
only problem that I am having is the lag rare lags(making me reboot), the overclock (it worked with previous version, just not going on this one doesn't overclock) and when i plug in the headphones, use it for a bit and remove it, the speaker does not work until device is rebooted.
But LOVE the battery life, LOVE the theme, LOVE the speed, plus its the only rom that does not heat up my Droid (even stock overheats my phone)
  • Rootuser94 and blazo like this

#891 klick37

klick37

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

I use this rom as my DD and a super minimalist stripped-down version of this rom would be the ideal rom for me. I love the CNA features, performance boots, etc but I have no use for any of the Samsung/S3 apps and features. I end up disabling the ones I can but it isn't the same as an ultra-minimalist build (like blackhole rom with a CNA base).

Is there any chance you'd consider making a rom like that?

#892 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

I use this rom as my DD and a super minimalist stripped-down version of this rom would be the ideal rom for me. I love the CNA features, performance boots, etc but I have no use for any of the Samsung/S3 apps and features. I end up disabling the ones I can but it isn't the same as an ultra-minimalist build (like blackhole rom with a CNA base).

Is there any chance you'd consider making a rom like that?

But there sooo nice :) heheh you can just delete the samsung apps out of the /system/app that you don't want
  • blazo likes this

Posted Image

#893 tw1n5nak35

tw1n5nak35

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, U.S
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy JuggerNote3 (SM-N900V)

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

I flashed this rom a couple weeks ago and it was darn good. Fast animations and good battery drain. I've switched over to your Synergy Executioner ICS 4.04 Rom and I've been using that for the past few days. But this was my first jelly bean and it did not dissappoint. Thank you :D
  • Rootuser94 likes this

Previous Device: Motorola Droid Bionic (XT875)                                            Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Juggernote3 (SM-N900V)
Roms: EclipseICS, IcarusHD, WizzedBean, Executioner and Stock                Roms: Hyperdrive, Eclipse, Jasemine, Bigginz and Stock
Recovery: Safestrap v3.11                                                                             Recovery: Safestrap v3.75

#894 ozguy

ozguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Perhaps someone can answer this, since I find it the most annoying thing about using ROMs.

Since we are expected to always do a full wipe system before updating a ROM, is there an easy way to keep application settings? I know Google can restore settings for some apps, but it doesn't seem to work for most apps (maybe because I download many of mine through the Amazon Store)
If OTA updates can keep all your existing information, why can't ROM updates?

#895 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Perhaps someone can answer this, since I find it the most annoying thing about using ROMs.

Since we are expected to always do a full wipe system before updating a ROM, is there an easy way to keep application settings? I know Google can restore settings for some apps, but it doesn't seem to work for most apps (maybe because I download many of mine through the Amazon Store)

Ota updates dont wipe data when they are installed unless you do it manually. The best way to back up apps is to use titanium backup or a similar app. Mind you that restoring apps and/or data can cause issues so keep that in mind. I personally haven't had too many issues with titanium backup but some people font believe it is a "clean install" when changing or updating ROMs. We wipe system, data, cache and so on to make sure there isn't anything left over from the previous ROM as to avoid issues. Ota's are built to be able to flash without having to wipe. Sometimes we do have to wipe data and cache after an ota if issues arise. Sorry if my explanation is confusing.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#896 smalldroid34

smalldroid34

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Current Device(s):bionic

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Awesome job '94, making it hard for a man to live with only 4 slots on his phone. Not fair to other developers taking up 2 slots with awesome freaking roms. Just flashed this morning, have been on Synergy since the beginning, so SWEET!!!. Rom is great wondering if OC zip issue was ever fixed other than that, flawless. Everything is like butter, lol, ICS ota for bionic was only 4 months ago, and here you are throwing jellybeans at verizon for us, thank you much.
  • Rootuser94 likes this
Stock-Eclipsed/S1-Wizzed/S2-Synergized/S3-Blurred

#897 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Ota updates dont wipe data when they are installed unless you do it manually. The best way to back up apps is to use titanium backup or a similar app. Mind you that restoring apps and/or data can cause issues so keep that in mind. I personally haven't had too many issues with titanium backup but some people font believe it is a "clean install" when changing or updating ROMs. We wipe system, data, cache and so on to make sure there isn't anything left over from the previous ROM as to avoid issues. Ota's are built to be able to flash without having to wipe. Sometimes we do have to wipe data and cache after an ota if issues arise. Sorry if my explanation is confusing.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Just to add to tmyinc's great answer, when using TB to restore apps, only restore user applications, never system apps, that will definitely lead to trouble! I've been using TB for a few years and the only user app that I've found that doesn't like to be restored is Waze, for some reason everytime I try to restore it after flashing a new/updated ROM it will continually give "force close" errors even when I wipe the data for the app. The only thing that seems to work is to download it fresh everytime and that is a bit of a pain since I loose all my favorite destinations and have to recreate them. Hope this helps.

Cheers
  • tmyinc likes this
Posted Image

#898 ozguy

ozguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

Just to add to tmyinc's great answer, when using TB to restore apps, only restore user applications, never system apps, that will definitely lead to trouble! I've been using TB for a few years and the only user app that I've found that doesn't like to be restored is Waze, for some reason everytime I try to restore it after flashing a new/updated ROM it will continually give "force close" errors even when I wipe the data for the app. The only thing that seems to work is to download it fresh everytime and that is a bit of a pain since I loose all my favorite destinations and have to recreate them. Hope this helps.

Cheers

I use Waze all the time too. Favorites should restore automatically once you log into Waze, since they are also stored on their server. I have used Waze for years on multiple phones and it always restores my favorites for me. I am #13 in my state, Pennsylvania (same username).

I had tried to use Titanium Backup in the past when switching phones, but it wouldn't recognize the backup on the new phone, so I gave up on it. Didn't think of trying it when just updating ROMs

#899 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

I use Waze all the time too. Favorites should restore automatically once you log into Waze, since they are also stored on their server. I have used Waze for years on multiple phones and it always restores my favorites for me. I am #13 in my state, Pennsylvania (same username).

I had tried to use Titanium Backup in the past when switching phones, but it wouldn't recognize the backup on the new phone, so I gave up on it. Didn't think of trying it when just updating ROMs

The developer has really added a lot of new stuff to TB in the last year or so, the app will now let you back up your call log and SMS/MMS messages amoung other data and it now also will give you the ability to remember all of your app settings so that when you switch ROMS and reinstall you don't have the issue with not being able to find the storage location for your backups. And, if I remember correctly, the app will now allow you to save your backups to the "cloud" (some google place) but since I'm an old fart an don't trust storage media I can't physically touch, I don't use the function.

Cheers
Posted Image

#900 smalldroid34

smalldroid34

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Current Device(s):bionic

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Uhh, its not expected, you dont have to install a 3rd party rom. Phone comes with a rom, you could just drive that. I believe the proper response is a big thank you with a thumbs up and a +1. If you dont want to do the "work" involved with backing up, flashing, and restoring, then dont, stay stock. I feel lucky to have such a wonderful development community doing there thing making our phones, something to enjoy not just something to remember before you leave the house.
  • matjmonk and Rootuser94 like this
Stock-Eclipsed/S1-Wizzed/S2-Synergized/S3-Blurred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users