#1 !nstaGib

!nstaGib

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

As the post says, I can't get this thing to boot. First I tried using the RSD lite tool to flash stock GB (I was on 2.3.6), and that was a no go (I think I got the EU files instead of the US files). Then I tried Matt's Razr utility 1.8, to go straight to ICS: Still no go. Now I'm just lost. I have no idea what to do. I have an XT912 on VZW, was on GB, wanted to go to ICS. I tried the OTA update, but I guess because I had it rooted, it kept failing even after I totally removed root and all rooted apps. I really need this thing to get to school tomorrow (I use it as a GPS on Mondays), but right now it's not even booting. I really didn't expect this much trouble over a simple OTA update, but I guess I'm in too far now. If anyone could at least point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

#2 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

you can't use 1.8 to go ics,you now have to use matts 1.6 utility to get to 1.81 ics then use ota to get 211 go from there
  • !nstaGib likes this

#3 !nstaGib

!nstaGib

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

you can't use 1.8 to go ics,you now have to use matts 1.6 utility to get to 1.81 ics then use ota to get 211 go from there

Thank you so much for the quick response. Is there anyway I can use the 1.7 utility? I already have it 25% downloaded...

#4 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

you can try,but i think you messed up too bad to use 1.7
  • !nstaGib likes this

#5 !nstaGib

!nstaGib

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

you can try,but i think you messed up too bad to use 1.7

Okay. Even if I could just get it to GB at this point, I would be happy. Can you please post a link to 1.6 then? I'm having trouble finding it...

#6 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

1 sec
  • !nstaGib likes this

#7 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• !nstaGib likes this

#8 !nstaGib

!nstaGib

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

Thank you so much for the help this far. It will be around an hour until it finishes downloading, but I'll definitely post the results when it does.

#9 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

np,just follow all the instrs
  • !nstaGib likes this

#10 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

This is an interesting situation because he may have been on GB but using the utility to go to ICS he may have successfully flashed the ICS bootloader, kernel, radio, etc. which means now the only way he can get back to booting is to try to reinstall ICS. But again, I've never seen this situation before. I would try to use RSD to flash the fastboot zip found here

Those are the XT912 ICS FXZ fastboot files (don't unzip, just run in RSD with your phone in ap fastboot mode).

Alternatively, if your phone didn't take the ICS bootloader/kernel with Matt's utility (which I doubt it didn't) these

which are the 2.3.6 gingerbread FXZ files (again, don't unzip).

The most frightening part of this whole situation is that now we are against the clock with your battery life. Because depending on how much battery u had when you started flashing away and how much you have now, if you keep trying too many options and run your battery down too low you will up with a semi-hard-bricked phone. Good luck. I know ur against the clock with this one.

Sent from my peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • !nstaGib likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#11 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

i've seen this same problem quite a few times,just last week for 1,same situation every time,trying to use 1.81 to go from gb to ics,1.6,or 1.7 utilies fix the problem
  • !nstaGib likes this

#12 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Thank you so much for the help this far. It will be around an hour until it finishes downloading, but I'll definitely post the results when it does.

PS:try turning your phone off until ready by holding power botton for about 8-10 secs
  • !nstaGib likes this

#13 !nstaGib

!nstaGib

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

This is an interesting situation because he may have been on GB but using the utility to go to ICS he may have successfully flashed the ICS bootloader, kernel, radio, etc. which means now the only way he can get back to booting is to try to reinstall ICS. But again, I've never seen this situation before. I would try to use RSD to flash the fastboot zip found here

Those are the XT912 ICS FXZ fastboot files (don't unzip, just run in RSD with your phone in ap fastboot mode).

Alternatively, if your phone didn't take the ICS bootloader/kernel with Matt's utility (which I doubt it didn't) these

which are the 2.3.6 gingerbread FXZ files (again, don't unzip).

The most frightening part of this whole situation is that now we are against the clock with your battery life. Because depending on how much battery u had when you started flashing away and how much you have now, if you keep trying too many options and run your battery down too low you will up with a semi-hard-bricked phone. Good luck. I know ur against the clock with this one.

Well, if I wasn't horrified already, I certainly am now.

Can't I get a factory cable to force it to charge again though? Surely there is some way out of this mess, even if this option doesn't work?

It was at 100% battery when I started, but the Razr is known for awful battery life...

#14 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

yes,a factory cable will get you out of a jamb,it won't charge your battery,but will allow you to program your unit back to stock so it will charge,don't worry about that yet,try to get your phone going with 1.6 utility
  • !nstaGib likes this

#15 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Just wipe data in the normal android recovery (power, vol +, vol -) from a powered off state, select recovery, wipe data/factory reset. The same process to get to ap fastboot mode and the try either of the FXZ files I provided you with with factory resets in between. I wouldn't waste time with utilities if u have RSD and understand how to use it at this point since u have links for the proper files and have little time to waste playing around with different utility versions and precious battery life. Good luck

• !nstaGib likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#16 !nstaGib

!nstaGib

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Well, at the moment, I just ran the 1.6 utility, and my phone booted and has a little android guy being unpacked from a box, with a loading bar. We'll see what happens I suppose...

Holy $#!7. It booted. It screamed droid and did the obnoxious, gaudy boot animation that I hate so much, and I've never been so happy to see it. Hopefully this means I'm out of the woods, but thank you guys so much, seriously. I was freaking out, and your fast responses really did make a huge difference. I know where I'll be coming next time I have an issue :P

Thanks again :D

#17 Chuckleb0ne

Chuckleb0ne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

Its fixing it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#18 !nstaGib

!nstaGib

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

Well, it booted and all is well. I was going to restore my Ti backup before moving to ICS, but on second thought I don't even want to bother with it. My contacts are still there, and that's all that matters for the time being. Thank you all so much, once again :)

#19 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

damn,you mean it worked,lol-glad i could help-you should be able to ota to ics now,just don't root or delete anything just ota to ics

#20 !nstaGib

!nstaGib

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

damn,you mean it worked,lol-glad i could help-you should be able to ota to ics now,just don't root or delete anything just ota to ics

You seem surprised, haha

Yeah, it worked just fine, first try when I ran the 1.6 utility. I did delete data or whatever it asks you at the end of the 1.81 utility, but aside from that, that's all I did. I'm almost positive that what caused this was that I tried to flash an EU fastboot file instead of the US files. The way it was named was a bit confusing, and I figured that at worst it would just mean my radios didn't work, but after looking into it I was quite wrong haha. Anyhow, hopefully this thread will help someone in the future, so hopefully I put down enough information about my resolution.

Thread summary:
I flashed the wrong files, bricked, Mattlegroff's 1.81 updater let me get to the red MOTO screen, but went black after that (still bricked), Running Mattlgroff's 1.6 utility got me booted into 2.3.6, and after the OTA I'm now happily on ICS. I will be rooting some time this week, but I doubt it will be an issue. This also left all of my camera pictures in tact, and I don't believe touched anything on my SD card. I've also found everything that I remember being on the phone storage still intact. Obviously lost root though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users