6 replies to this topic

#1 custompro98

custompro98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:custompro98

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

I had a lot of ROMs and Themes dangling around in my phone and i just wanted to go back to stock, so i loaded the fastboot files which have worked in the past for me into RSD Lite and began the flash. All seemed to go fine and i got to the usual "manually reboot phone" so I did. My phone has been stuck in a boot at the eye for nearly 12 hours now. when i press volume down it makes a sound like i'm turning the phone on vibrate, so it seems to be on but off at the same time? i've tried reflashing fastboot several times but nothing is working!

#2 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Twitter:nix80908
  • LocationDenver, CO - USA

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

You need to get it back in to Fastboot AP mode somehow before your battery totally drains.
Try doing a forced reset by holding the power button and volume buttons down for ten seconds.
If that doesn't work, get your phone to boot, and I've had luck holding down both volume buttons and power button to get into the Fastboot menu.

If the hard reset doesn't work, you will need to RSD again.

#3 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

I had a lot of ROMs and Themes dangling around in my phone and i just wanted to go back to stock, so i loaded the fastboot files which have worked in the past for me into RSD Lite and began the flash. All seemed to go fine and i got to the usual "manually reboot phone" so I did. My phone has been stuck in a boot at the eye for nearly 12 hours now. when i press volume down it makes a sound like i'm turning the phone on vibrate, so it seems to be on but off at the same time? i've tried reflashing fastboot several times but nothing is working!

Try wiping data/cache via Moto Recovery. Sometimes fixes bootloops

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#4 custompro98

custompro98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

@nix80908 i tried fastbooting several times with rsd lite and can still get into the fastboot menu, but flashing it doesn't seem to do anything :(
@mattlgroff when i try to open moto recovery i get an andriod guy with a triangle and exclamation point :(

#5 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

@nix80908 i tried fastbooting several times with rsd lite and can still get into the fastboot menu, but flashing it doesn't seem to do anything :(
@mattlgroff when i try to open moto recovery i get an andriod guy with a triangle and exclamation point :(

with the moto recovery, at the droid with triangle hit the up/down vol buttons at the same time

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#6 custompro98

custompro98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

aha! thank you @mopar57!

#7 custompro98

custompro98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:52 AM

problem solved! thank you @mattlgroff and @mopar57!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users