Photo

Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
624 replies to this topic

#621 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:50 AM

Hoping that someone might be able to help with what I *think*? may be a quick & simple UNROOT issue. Don't see a lot of useful discussion about that online, aside from this thread. I'm on JB/4.1.2, Build 9.8.20-72_VZW-16. Used Matt's Utility v1.8 to achieve root last year, such that I might rid some bloat and gain the ability to freely tether. ROM/kernel are still VZ stock. Charge-port & audio-port both gone south, need to exchange - and unroot - handset. Are there directions for that?
Something about using something called AP Fastboot and choosing Option #1? Not sure I know how to boot properly into it because I'm not seeing any numbered options.

I have adb and Moto drivers all installed, although I don't think I'd need to flash the ROM since I'm still on the stock, right?

(#2: Also to avoid voiding, should I be removing all apps which have required root, and is TWRP the easiest/best way to create a backup for restoration on the new handset when it arrives?)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)#entry227369 here's the latest utility .... your best solution to try first..... the only other option would be to manually remove superuser.apk , su binary, busybox, .. using a "root explorer" is an easy was to do this manually.... just make sure you remove all three before exiting out of the explorer or rebooting...

Or you can use adb / adb shell to remove the same :)

Hope this helps :)

....you should be having fun....

• Memnoch73 likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#622 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:52 AM

You do have a 912 Razor right?? You need

utility. Power off phone, hold vol down and power to enter fastboot mode. Plug phone into, PC start Utility and use option 1 to get you back to out of the box stock.

As for your new phone you cannot use TWRP with a locked bootloader. Only use Safestrap.

Edit: Damn it's been a while since I been ninja'd.  :ph34r:

• johnthehillbilly likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#623 fishman2327

fishman2327

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Was having a heck of a time with my Razr Maxx. I upgraded from stock Gingerbread to stock ICS a year ago OTA but hadn't be able to upgrade to stock JB since back in March no matter what I tried. I got "update failed" after the install when trying OTA or the Status 7 error when trying to install from recovery. I found this tool and everything works great! Couldn't have been any easier. Thanks so much!

#624 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Glad it worked for you. Theres actually a newer version which is in the post above yours.

#625 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Since this version is deprecated and it states so in the OP from Matt, as well as the link in the OP now points to Matts webpage with the latest version, I am locking the thread.

Link to Matts webpage as posted in the OP:  

• mattlgroff and Memnoch73 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users