Photo

[Cdma Razr][Gingerbread] [Rom] Eclipse Razr V1.3 (2/25/12)

• Please log in to reply
1746 replies to this topic

#1701 cheating_on_my_iphone4

cheating_on_my_iphone4

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

**** Please help ****

I love this ROM and don't want to try a different one, the only problem is that I like some of the Motoblur apps that it came with (I know, call me crazy). I was able to get a hold of the apk files that were removed with the ROM, but I have not been able to install them. I get error "Application not installed". I even placed them in the system/app folder and fixed the permission, but still no luck.

Any help on how to restore these apps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#1702 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

**** Please help ****

I love this ROM and don't want to try a different one, the only problem is that I like some of the Motoblur apps that it came with (I know, call me crazy). I was able to get a hold of the apk files that were removed with the ROM, but I have not been able to install them. I get error "Application not installed". I even placed them in the system/app folder and fixed the permission, but still no luck.

Any help on how to restore these apps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Blur has a massive amount of dependencies. It won't run without most of the blur framework intact. Since eclipse cleaves chunks of blur from the build, if it's not functioning in /system/app with 644 permissions then it just won't function on eclipse without flashing in recovery to add the recompiled blur framework parts.

Hope that answers your question :)

[ what path? ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#1703 hensonlf

hensonlf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Probably a lame question but would like to know anyway. Have any of you guys had luck running juice defender or any battery saving apps on this ROM? For some reason the whitelisted apps don't want to work.

Sent from Hell in a Handbasket

#1704 mrkasparks

mrkasparks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:52 AM

Can someone tell me if data drops are normal with this Rom? An also email keeps force closing.....I flashed over .181 but had the same issue with data on.173. But I didn't have the email issue on .173. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1705 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

@mrkasparks:

when I've had email issues, going into Settings->Apps->Managing Apps then choosing the header All & fm there, go into Gmail & first try clearing cache, & see ithat helps: if that doesn't work, then go back & delete data in gmail as well. This has worked for me when emails were stuck in the outbox & never finished sending.

You will lose all of your emails when deleting data for gmail app, but since they are synched to your Google account on your phone, they will come back via synching.

Then you should not have the prob w/FC's
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1706 thisismalhotra

thisismalhotra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

Can someone tell me if data drops are normal with this Rom? An also email keeps force closing.....I flashed over .181 but had the same issue with data on.173. But I didn't have the email issue on .173. Thanks.

No data issues here. But I am in a 3g area mostly.

Also for email are talking about Gmail or like an exchange email. If exchange it might fc if you used corporate sync to set it up. use just corporate not corporate sync for that.

If Gmail try clear cache under settings - apps

#1707 cheating_on_my_iphone4

cheating_on_my_iphone4

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

I did read somewhere about the data drop issue (I think in this furom or the xda-dev forum that lead me here), but to answer your question, yes, I get the data drop and have to re-boot at least once a day.... Annoying? Yes! But it's the ONLY glitch I've had and I really like this rom so I'm putting up with it for now....

#1708 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

I did read somewhere about the data drop issue (I think in this furom or the xda-dev forum that lead me here), but to answer your question, yes, I get the data drop and have to re-boot at least once a day.... Annoying? Yes! But it's the ONLY glitch I've had and I really like this rom so I'm putting up with it for now....

Really? I've been using Eclipse more than any other rom and I've never had data drops.Try reinstalling

*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#1709 thisismalhotra

thisismalhotra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

Really? I've been using Eclipse more than any other rom and I've never had data drops.Try reinstalling

I agree no data drops here as well.

the data drop issues you have been reading are about ICS roms this is gingerbread.
I bet you have those data drops on stock as well

#1710 CaniTouchYaSoul

CaniTouchYaSoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hey Question. I upgraded to the 181... then flashed to this Rom but my system says i'm still on 173... Is this correct? did it downgrade me back to .173?

#1711 listenman20

listenman20

Chat Room Support

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouth GA

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hey Question. I upgraded to the 181... then flashed to this Rom but my system says i'm still on 173... Is this correct? did it downgrade me back to .173?

that is correct. it did not flash you back down but this was based of the .173 and therefore it's gonna read .173 in the system.

#1712 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

The only thing that drives me crazy about razr is the data and wifi icons always show no matter what network you on.

R3Ds Themes

#1713 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

The only thing that drives me crazy about razr is the data and wifi icons always show no matter what network you on.

R3Ds Themes

What about making them transparent?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#1714 thisismalhotra

thisismalhotra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

R3Ds Themes

I totally agree worst part they both show blue on stock as if both are working simultaneously

#1715 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

What about making them transparent?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

It will still take up space in statusbar. Maybe is a radio thing.

R3Ds Themes

#1716 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

It will still take up space in statusbar. Maybe is a radio thing.

R3Ds Themes

Didn't think of that :)

Sent from my KOA RAZR using Tapatalk 2.

#1717 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

I keep having FC's whenever I open up the settings any reason why?? I tried re-flashing from .181 and .173 and still after about 30 minutes it starts FC'ing is it because once I flash the rom I don't let the kernel cool down? Cause as soon as I flash it I go download my apps and flash a rom. Could it be something else?

#1718 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

I keep having FC's whenever I open up the settings any reason why?? I tried re-flashing from .181 and .173 and still after about 30 minutes it starts FC'ing is it because once I flash the rom I don't let the kernel cool down? Cause as soon as I flash it I go download my apps and flash a rom. Could it be something else?

Maybe you restoring system apps, that's a no no or maybe wipe before install.

R3Ds Themes

#1719 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

I have to say I kinda miss this rom. Back in the day, before all these silly ICS leaks wreaked havoc on everything I kept my stock GB, my favorite ICS flavor of the week, and this ROM all loaded up in my safe strap system. Ah, Eclipse almost makes me miss gingerbread.

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!
  • Trooper likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#1720 Trooper

Trooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

I have to say I kinda miss this rom. Back in the day, before all these silly ICS leaks wreaked havoc on everything I kept my stock GB, my favorite ICS flavor of the week, and this ROM all loaded up in my safe strap system. Ah, Eclipse almost makes me miss gingerbread.

Same here bro.

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users