Photo

Scammer In The Market Caught! Thanks To Our Vigilant Members!

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

And I assume there was 100% irrefutable evidence on your part, other than hearsay, that this person actually did this before posting all their info? Think it would have been better to offer the info to those affected privately instead of posting it on a public forum... With that said, glad you all found him/her out. I hate seeing people get scammed. Most people can't afford to dump hundreds of dollars on this crap and to see them get ripped off is kinda sad. Hope everyone is able to get reimbursed.

Edit: I may be wrong but I believe the droidrazr.com privacy statement also does not allow this, regardless of how screwed up this situation is.

#42 medic7046

medic7046

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:medicp7046
  • Google+:medic7046@gmail.com
  • LocationRichmong HIll, Ga

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Dude this wasn't just hearsay...this investigation was done by the forum Admin's and Mod's, they tracked ip addresses. The info given out was the info the scammers were sending to the victims of the scams.

#43 Chuckleb0ne

Chuckleb0ne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

I feel like this should be public. Because what if he decides to return? Then let everyone be affected again? Think it through, people need to know! This forum is like a family and our family is not to be screwed with!

;)
  • eek88dj likes this

#44 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

And I assume there was 100% irrefutable evidence on your part, other than hearsay, that this person actually did this before posting all their info? Think it would have been better to offer the info to those affected privately instead of posting it on a public forum... With that said, glad you all found him/her out. I hate seeing people get scammed. Most people can't afford to dump hundreds of dollars on this crap and to see them get ripped off is kinda sad. Hope everyone is able to get reimbursed.

Edit: I may be wrong but I believe the droidrazr.com privacy statement also does not allow this, regardless of how screwed up this situation is.

You're kidding right? I just spent 3 days investigating this guy. He robbed dozens of people across multiple forums of thousands of dollars. Who do you think you are, Sir? You think I would put this out there willy-nilly without doing any research on the matter? These aren't even real names or addresses. They're fake. They're being put out there to PROTECT everyone else. Ya know, there always has to be one guy on the wrong side of the fence.

Everyone should be offended by your position. Especially those that this PROFESSIONAL con-artist took money from.
  • Nitewolf likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#45 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

Defensive aren't we? I merely asked a question and let them know that it may be against the forums privacy policy to post what is posted. Regardless of what the person did, there could be legal ramifications for publicly posting this info. What they do or don't do with that is up to the site owners :) Like I said.. I am glad that this has been stopped. Hopefully no one else gets screwed by these types of scams.

#46 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

Defensive aren't we? I merely asked a question and let them know that it may be against the forums privacy policy to post what is posted. Regardless of what the person did, there could be legal ramifications for publicly posting this info. What they do or don't do with that is up to the site owners :) Like I said.. I am glad that this has been stopped. Hopefully no one else gets screwed by these types of scams.

Ok, I don't know if you read the second post of this thread that came from Thach, ya know...the chief here. He and I worked very closely night and day doing everything in our power to prevent this guy from hurting anyone else here or beyond our corner of the Android community. I think if it really violates the forum rules, Thach can amend them for this particular case. And I also bet that if it were you who got robbed for 400 bucks, you'd be the FIRST person to demand justice at any cost. I can't believe you're concerned about the "privacy" of a guy who used over a dozen aliases across 4-5 forums to rob dozens of people of thousands of dollar.s Your primary concern is hurting this guys feelings by putting his name out there? Should I check your IP too?

Now I know where you get that title from...stick in the mud.
  • Nnnnr12 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#47 Chuckleb0ne

Chuckleb0ne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

I happen to be one of the people who got scammed. Chase and Paypal dont give a rats arse if his address is posted on this site, the fact that people can receive this still is the important part to keep the topic on. This guy has put me and tusctwo through a lot of work and i feel like he should get a good kick in the nuts for all this.... B)

#48 Chuckleb0ne

Chuckleb0ne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

Might want to wash the mudd off the stick before posting again...............

#49 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Which one of his paypal accounts was frozen? hopefully the colton.lane one.

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

#50 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

I'm sending my concerns to those above.. Not going to get into a war with you people :P I understand you are ticked off but there are still possible legal ramifications for posting members info publicly,regardless of what they may have done. I have searched and don't see a privacy policy for this site so maybe they need to be made aware of that as well :)

#51 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Im not being mean ok im just saying that's y u dont buy from someone you dont know from online unless u know them or you can go see it in person if not stay away from it. Just my opinion. Im glad he or they got caught.

#52 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Which one of his paypal accounts was frozen? hopefully the colton.lane one.

Yes, it actually was the Colton Lane one, the one he used to try and rip off Chuckleb0ne.

I'm sending my concerns to those above.. Not going to get into a war with you people :P I understand you are ticked off but there are still possible legal ramifications for posting members info publicly,regardless of what they may have done. I have searched and don't see a privacy policy for this site so maybe they need to be made aware of that as well :)

Dude, I get it, you don't want an argument, but you come off like a real J-Off when you come to the defense of the sleeze ball scammer. It's looks pretty crappy to the people who just had their hard earned money taken from them by some weasel. And trust me, if it were you who had gotten taken, I'm sure you'd want to see him publicly drawn and quartered and wouldn't give 2 craps about the privacy of his fake names and addresses.
  • Nubia1 likes this

#53 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Im not being mean ok im just saying that's y u dont buy from someone you dont know from online unless u know them or you can go see it in person if not stay away from it. Just my opinion. Im glad he or they got caught.

This guy was a pro. He knew how to talk people and he came off like a nice guy. 1st, he was a sexy 23 yr old female who flirted with 20 guys in the new members forum before "she" put a bunch of crap up for sale. Then he was a guy who used avatar pics of babies and small kittens. No one like that could POSSIBLY be a scam, right? Plus, this forum is FULL of really good people and we all know it. We get complacent when we're used to EVERYONE being a good guy. Then one sleeze job comes along and people don't see it coming. Plus he was "paypal confirmed" and a number of other BS credentials. It was a hit and run. Make 4 accounts, join up, fit in real quick, sell your phone REAL cheap, collect the money and disappear. He did it to androidforums.net 2 weeks before us and he was doing it to android.net at the same time he was doing it to us. Pro's are good at looking like good, trusting people.
  • eek88dj likes this

#54 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Once again.. I merely asked a question and stated concerns.. If it upset you I am sorry but regardless of what the person may have done they are legitimate concerns. I have sent a message to one of the Admins voicing my concerns and now I am done with it :) I hope your public hanging goes well :)

#55 medic7046

medic7046

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:medicp7046
  • Google+:medic7046@gmail.com
  • LocationRichmong HIll, Ga

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Well I think before criticizing people in a forum you should know a little about who your criticizing...Your criticizing admins and mods..
  • eek88dj likes this

#56 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Well I think before criticizing people in a forum you should know a little about who your criticizing...Your criticizing admins and mods..

You do realise that I haven't criticized anyone right?

#57 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Yes, it actually was the Colton Lane one, the one he used to try and rip off Chuckleb0ne.

Dude, I get it, you don't want an argument, but you come off like a real J-Off when you come to the defense of the sleeze ball scammer. It's looks pretty crappy to the people who just had their hard earned money taken from them by some weasel. And trust me, if it were you who had gotten taken, I'm sure you'd want to see him publicly drawn and quartered and wouldn't give 2 craps about the privacy of his fake names and addresses.

thank you tucstwo, this s.o.b. needs to be prosecuted to the fullest letter. I was one who was talking to him(her) about purchasing the maxx. I found too many inconsistencies in what she said. so i stopped the conversation and found that medic had actually paid this scumbag money for a phone that never existed. I called Matt who had me call Thach. I am very appreciative of your detective work in finding the true identity of this individual. I think very little of who sympathizes with such a con-artist. amen.

#58 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

You found someone who sympathizes with that clown?
  • Ballbagus likes this

#59 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Can I make my own thread about the status of my refund or can I just make a solitary post on this thread and make updates to it?

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

#60 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

This guy was a pro. He knew how to talk people and he came off like a nice guy. 1st, he was a sexy 23 yr old female who flirted with 20 guys in the new members forum before "she" put a bunch of crap up for sale. Then he was a guy who used avatar pics of babies and small kittens. No one like that could POSSIBLY be a scam, right? Plus, this forum is FULL of really good people and we all know it. We get complacent when we're used to EVERYONE being a good guy. Then one sleeze job comes along and people don't see it coming. Plus he was "paypal confirmed" and a number of other BS credentials. It was a hit and run. Make 4 accounts, join up, fit in real quick, sell your phone REAL cheap, collect the money and disappear. He did it to androidforums.net 2 weeks before us and he was doing it to android.net at the same time he was doing it to us. Pro's are good at looking like good, trusting people.

I agree with you 100% they are real pros out there. Now i know our mods and administration will look out for the cons!!! Who this guy trying to start trouble ban him...he didnt lose money..get rid of him. We have great members on our site. I guess he goes by STIK...WHATa loser im wondering if he's one of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users