3711 replies to this topic

#3701 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:30 AM

Phone is physically screwed. Nothing to be done.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

Non potest esse nisi unus

#3702 bobdole888

bobdole888

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

I saw reference of a radio repair utility in the HOB.  However when I select utility in HOB, I don't see any repair utility.  I only see something like wipe cache.

Did the repair utility get removed?  How do I navigate to it?

Thanks.

#3703 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

It was removed. It shouldn't be necessary. Just flash the radio from the fxz.

Etched in blood by a katana

#3704 bigv5150

bigv5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerzey
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

Samuri I have a quick question for you.  I have used the HoB from the beginning and hate to leave it behind.  My question is do I have to?  I have the Maxx and as you may be aware Jcase has succeeded in getting us root.  If I put the Maxx FXZ in the HoB would I be able to FXZ and save data using the HoB and my maxx.  I am not sure if you wrote all of the HoB aspects to be specific to the bionic or not. Or if this will work with other phones .I did just use the HoB to boot into fastboot so looks like it will work just wanted to double check.  Especially when it comes update time if I have to FXZ I don't want to start all over if the update fails.  Thanks again for all you do for us.

#3705 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

NO!!!  Don't do that.  :)  The scripts are very Bionic centric.  I've written different versions for other phones but it's definitely something that has to be done...it's not just drop in a new FXZ and hope it works.  It won't.  It will fail on so many levels.  Could I repurpose the HoB for other phones?  Yes.  Will I?  I don't know.  I could probably make a more generic version that could be more easily repurposed for other phones.  I'll consider it.

#3706 bigv5150

bigv5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerzey
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

Ok figured I would ask before I fubar'd my Maxx I know this is a lot of work for you but the HoB has been the best tool for a phone I have ever used.  I hope you find the time and desire to continue with the HoB... well not the HoB how about the HoS House of Samuri has a nice ring to it for a generic tool.  Thanks again Samuri.

#3707 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:12 AM

You have to remember I'm no longer on a Moto phone.  So there's not a lot of motivation there for me personally.  But as service to the community, I might be able to spend some cycles this weekend that allows a more configurable tool.  Understand it'll never be "drop in the FXZ and you're done".  But I could make a template where you add the FXZ, modify a batch file to match the files in the FXZ and/or edit some XML, and make a generic "if there's a root folder, offer to run root once the FXZ operations are done" kind of thing.  It wouldn't be terribly difficult.  I'll think about it.

• B.E.McAllister, Badger1313 and kellym like this

#3708 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• kdivine981 likes this

#3709 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

Alright, the House of Moto is now live.  IMO, it's a worthy replacement for the HoB.  Not quite as fancy and functional.  BUT, it allows for an insane amount of customization.  Add the scripts you want or need, and it'll simply flash them.  It's about as flexible as it can possibly get.

• B.E.McAllister, marleyinoc, mjs27541 and 3 others like this

#3710 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Alright everyone.  I am shutting down the House of Bionic.  I ask that everyone upgrade to the House of Moto and add xt875 support.  

o) Once you install the House of Moto and the xt875 support file you should have a c:\HouseOfMoto Directory.  

o) Create a c:\HouseOfMoto\FXZ_98.72.22_xt875 directory.  

o) Copy the FXZ files into that folder so that you see c:\HouseOfMoto\FXZ_98.72.22_xt875\boot.img and a whole bunch of other files at that level.  

o) Run the HouseOfMoto.bat

o) When asked for your device model, input xt875

o) When asked what flash mode to use, select either RSD or fastboot [OMAP]

There are 2 scripts right now.  One for KEEP DATA and one for FULL.  You can add custom scripts to either the fastboot_scripts or rsd_scripts folder as needed.  Just make sure they end in _xt875.bat for fastboot_scripts and _xt875.xml for rsd_scripts.

I just want to thank everyone who's made the House of Bionic as successful as it is!  And I hope you all enjoy the new House of Moto!

• B.E.McAllister, mrlolli, mjs27541 and 5 others like this

#3711 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

Now that linux/Mac support has been added to HoM I've decided to officially close the House of Bionic. Thanks, everyone!

Carved in blood by a wakizashi...

• transmissiontech, JustAGuy and LDubs like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HoB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users