3711 replies to this topic

#61 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

Addupdate has nothing at all to do with what you need to do. I'm sorry but if you can't get the update on your sdcard I can't help you fix it. You can keep running addupdate all you want but since it has nothing at all to do with adding files to your sdcard you won't get very far.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Non potest esse nisi unus

#62 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

Got error when i ran addupdate.bat sir, using other phone with sdcard. Looks like couldn't push the update file to sdcard..
How to change command in addupdate.bat if i want to use sdcard reader (eg. reader on drive L detected on my PC) ?
Thanks before.

So have you gotten the update on your SD card yet? If you would have followed Sam's instructions you might have been done by now.

I may be able to help, just reply back lol.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#63 handyman76

handyman76

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:hman09
  • Google+:handy.man05@gmail.com

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

So have you gotten the update on your SD card yet? If you would have followed Sam's instructions you might have been done by now.

actually my phone already bricked first before an update.zip create using HoB :(
does anybody have mirror link for the update.zip of 235 or the "235 support" for HoB ??
thanks before

#64 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#65 handyman76

handyman76

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

great thanks sir, hope this it the one...

#66 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

It will add 235 support to the House of Bionic. However, since your phone is bricked, NOTHING in the House of Bionic will push the update to your phone's sdcard-ext. That is something you're going to have to do manually. Not /data/data. Not addupdate. You must pull the sdcard out of the phone, put it in some other device that allows you to manually copy the update zip in the 235 directory to the root of the sdcard, then you put it back in the phone, boot it in AP Fastboot mode, and use the REINSTALL 235 option from the HoB menu. Then do option 3 and 4 on the next menu. I won't repeat these steps again as I've already said it far too many times at this point.

#67 ReservedName

ReservedName

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

alright i'm gonna try going from 238 to 242 on a mac using adb commands, i'm hoping it doesn't get stuck on webtop, that always takes such a long time to flash. will report back later.

#68 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

You got my PM with the right commands? Give it time and have patience with webtop. it's a beast. :) In theory it COULD be skipped if you only want to do boot system and preinstall.

#69 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

FWIW - handyman sounds like English is not his first language, so have a little patience with him.

Reserved - nice to see you over here too :D Looks like you got a hold of Sam too....

Did it all work out OK?
  • handyman76 likes this

#70 handyman76

handyman76

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

FWIW - handyman sounds like English is not his first language, so have a little patience with him.

Reserved - nice to see you over here too :D Looks like you got a hold of Sam too....

Did it all work out OK?

Sent best regards from here sir, and great to know all droid's master out there to help me out :)

i'v got the 235 and my problem now dunno to create signed update.zip :(
I'd tried to use autoupdate.exe from google labs, but don't have signed file yet.
checked on playstore, there is autosign apk for zip file, is it okay to use ?

Next, i'll try first to create update.zip from sam's 935 folder (boot.img, /system and /META-INF) then manual sign with autosign.bat... cmiw.

thanks to understand my noob knowledge..
  • handyman76 likes this

#71 handyman76

handyman76

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

Sent best regards from here sir, and great to know all droid's master out there to help me out :)

i'v got the 235 and my problem now dunno to create signed update.zip :(
I'd tried to use autoupdate.exe from google labs, but don't have signed file yet.
checked on playstore, there is autosign apk for zip file, is it okay to use ?

Next, i'll try first to create update.zip from sam's 935 folder (boot.img, /system and /META-INF) then manual sign with autosign.bat... cmiw.

thanks to understand my noob knowledge..

didn't all work out for me sir, ... or do i have been already soft bricked my phone then?

#72 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

You have no need to be creating a signed update.zip for what you are attempting to do.

Let's start from the beginning, what are you attempting to do and what have you done so far?

#73 Guest_HOFFA_*

Guest_HOFFA_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

Works freaking great. Ty much. Test on troopers.

#74 handyman76

handyman76

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

You have no need to be creating a signed update.zip for what you are attempting to do.

Let's start from the beginning, what are you attempting to do and what have you done so far?

Thanks all :)

Great thanks also to samurihl, johnlgalt, john2007 and matllgroff also everybody on all forums
And actually i'd already managed to power up my bionic last night :)
Didn't notice that after i got samurihl's reinstall 235, all i have to just put my previous update 235 blur rom that i'd flashed before to my bionic.. i thought i need to put different and specific rom from samurihl's HoB file.
Right after i'd tried, no failed sign verification found and the recovery re update all system back again to my 235 before brick :)

Now i'd already install 242 from HoB file too. So much thanks and appreciated ur help and guidance to newbie like me sir, great forums also i've been found during my searching of problem...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

#75 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

That's great that you finally got it working!
  • handyman76 likes this

#76 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

5.6 RELEASE

o) Make it clear that the *REPAIR* fastboot option is in fact used for repairing an actual fastboot error
o) Fix recovery menu option showing up incorrectly after root

#77 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

Well, this will be the only thread for the HoB from now on. I've had about enough of people whining about how I answer stupid questions. Look, I'm sarcastic, and I don't like stupid questions. Here's the thing....I still do provide help while being a jackass. So if you can't handle my attitude when I provide help, well, too bad. I'm not going to apologize for how I respond. The thread at DF has been closed by a mod and I don't really care if they reopen it. From now on, all updates will remain here.
  • davidmatt34, johnlgalt, mtbrgeek and 5 others like this

#78 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Well, this will be the only thread for the HoB from now on. I've had about enough of people whining about how I answer stupid questions. Look, I'm sarcastic, and I don't like stupid questions. Here's the thing....I still do provide help while being a jackass. So if you can't handle my attitude when I provide help, well, too bad. I'm not going to apologize for how I respond. The thread at DF has been closed by a mod and I don't really care if they reopen it. From now on, all updates will remain here.

Yaaaaa now I can completely remove my account from there... and another forum bites the dust (no offense to droidforums.net)

Sent from my XT875 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

#79 mrredpants

mrredpants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Twitter:@misterredpants

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

I can't believe they closed it. Not very bright. Good to "see" u sam

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
DROID BIONIC ice'd with some variant of 232 leak

#80 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

The mods over there decided to reopen it after much debate. I'm so very sick of the whining and complaining when I help people in MY style. I won't be told by ANYONE how I'm supposed to respond to people in my free time. Quite frankly, even though it's reopened, I'll probably be posting a lot less there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HoB

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users