Photo

Sound Issues (Popping/hissing, Poor Music Quality)

sound Eclipse hardware bug

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fantasticrat

fantasticrat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationOver there
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

This may be an issue with my hardware, but when I plug headphones or (in my car) an aux cable into my Razr Maxx, it sometimes will pop loudly and the sound won't work at all. I usually have to twist the cable around a few times and unplug/plug it repeatedly before I can get music to play. The other issue I'm having is that my music tends to sound fairly muddy and garbled. Granted, I'm playing music through a phone and not a dedicated MP3 player. However, it'd be nice if I could integrate everything into one device (i.e. not have to use an iPod).

In short, what I need to know is whether sound issues are a problem on this phone and/or Android in general, or whether I just got a bad device. Not that I can return it after all the fun I've had with it...

FYI, I'm running Eclipse ICS.

--Fantasticrat

#2 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Sounds like a bad device,or bad cable, never heard of a ROM causing a problem like that. My Razr plays back music perfectly. I don't think its the device's fault for quality of music, but the music file itself.

#3 MasterGadgets

MasterGadgets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

Since the problem is only evident when you are using headphones or an auxiliary cable to your sound system, have you checked for lint or other debris in the audio socket? There have been reports of lint causing multiple problems as you describe.
<a href=

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sound, Eclipse, hardware, bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users