ezy75

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

I used this method... ( 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

after RSD lite to a 4.4.2 official VZW release and everything has worked perfectly. The only thing wrong is that i cannot make any recovery app (CWM or TWRP) to load up in recovery. When i scroll to recovery on the bootloader screen. The (Warning, Bootloader Unlocked) screen shows up and will not continue on. If i let it sit it reboots and does a normal boot so the phone is not bricked. Any advice on how to fix this so i can flash CM 11. I am in fact using the Droid Razr M (xt907). also i RSD'd with my friends pc. I have a Mac and Android SDK developer tools installed. I used platform tools in terminal to flash CWM and TWRP.  For everything else, i downloaded the .apk files to my phone directly. I also have ROM manager from the play store downloaded which shows that CMW and TWRP are both flashed onto my phone.

•  

Attached Files

• shahzaib1995 likes this

#2 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,446 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

Try using flashify to flash it on the phone. Seems like it's either a corrupt file or its not flashing properly.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Non potest esse nisi unus

#3 karthakon

karthakon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:18 AM

You need a KitKat version of CWM from dhacker29. It's not available in the app.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

• SamuriHL likes this

#4 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,446 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:24 AM

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Non potest esse nisi unus

#5 ezy75

ezy75

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

Thank you so much! that worked and got everything back up and running

• SamuriHL likes this

#6 ezy75

ezy75

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

Now that i have recoveries working i am trying to flash CM_11 and Gapps to my phone and every time i flash (regardless of recovery.. CWM TWRP Safestrap.) every file comes up for a few lines and gives me a fail. i am downloading directly form CM's website and using the latest softwares that are designed for my 4.4.2 razor m. xt907. any suggestions as to what could be going wrong?

#7 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:18 AM

I believe the nightlies from the cyan site are older builds. They won't boot on the new kernel. You have to locate dhackers cm and that should work.

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#8 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

Now that i have recoveries working i am trying to flash CM_11 and Gapps to my phone and every time i flash (regardless of recovery.. CWM TWRP Safestrap.) every file comes up for a few lines and gives me a fail. i am downloading directly form CM's website and using the latest softwares that are designed for my 4.4.2 razor m. xt907. any suggestions as to what could be going wrong?

Make sure that you're on the right version of recoveries, I had the same thing until I updated it correct. If you flashed back to JB, use TWRP 2.7.0.0. If you're on the latest recovery, do an advanced wipe and wipe the caches and system partitions, and some Roms will still not flash unless you wipe internal storage as well.

Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#9 ezy75

ezy75

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

i am on a mac and when i download the CM 11 unofficial from dhackers folder it unzips automatically. when i transfer it to my phone do i need to rezip it or just leave it as a open file?

#10 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

I would think it needs to be zipped up but I don't know macs. Couldn't just download to phone? Or does the Mac have an option to not unzip?

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#11 shahzaib1995

shahzaib1995

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:shahzaib
  • Google+:shahzaib
  • Locationpakistan
  • Current Device(s):motorola xt907

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

SAME PROBLEM WITH ME I CAN:T SOLVE THIS PROBLEM :(

I used this method... ( 

after RSD lite to a 4.4.2 official VZW release and everything has worked perfectly. The only thing wrong is that i cannot make any recovery app (CWM or TWRP) to load up in recovery. When i scroll to recovery on the bootloader screen. The (Warning, Bootloader Unlocked) screen shows up and will not continue on. If i let it sit it reboots and does a normal boot so the phone is not bricked. Any advice on how to fix this so i can flash CM 11. I am in fact using the Droid Razr M (xt907). also i RSD'd with my friends pc. I have a Mac and Android SDK developer tools installed. I used platform tools in terminal to flash CWM and TWRP.  For everything else, i downloaded the .apk files to my phone directly. I also have ROM manager from the play store downloaded which shows that CMW and TWRP are both flashed onto my phone.and when i use fastboot flash recovery i have this error :( plz help

Attached Files

#12 karthakon

karthakon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

There are a few fastboot binaries out there.  I'm not sure if the one included with the Android SDK will work for the RAZR M,

If you go to SamuriHL's House of Moto:

and download his SNAPDRAGON FXZ SUPPORT Package you will find the correct fastboot binary for Windows.  

• shane1 likes this

#13 shahzaib1995

shahzaib1995

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationpakistan

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

Karthakon i can't understand becasue i buy my xt907 one week ago...so plz tell me step by step

thank you

#14 ezy75

ezy75

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

Shahzaib. By downloading flashify from the play store and flashing a recovery software from the app has fixed my problem. 

• shane1 likes this

#15 shahzaib1995

shahzaib1995

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationpakistan

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

when i install flashify apk but when i try to  download cwm in flashify option its says no device cwm found...

#16 karthakon

karthakon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

I'm spending the weekend drunk, but I can write instructions Monday.

#17 shahzaib1995

shahzaib1995

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationpakistan

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:45 AM

Karthakon today is monday :)

#18 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:25 AM

when i install flashify apk but when i try to download cwm in flashify option its says no device cwm found...

Karthakon today is monday :)

CWM is not official, so it's not going to show up in the app. You'll need to sideload it and then flash, or learn how to fastboot and do it that way.
  • shane1 likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#19 karthakon

karthakon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:31 AM

**DISCLAIMER** Follow these instructions at your own risk.  I won't be responsible for any ill that befalls you due to reading this post.

OK simple instructions for Windows:

Before you start make sure you have the latest Motorola USB drivers

1. Go to SamuriHL's House of Moto:

2. Scroll Down until you find the link to download SNAPDRAGON FXZ SUPPORT

3. Extract the zip archive and you will have three folders "Darwin", "Linux" , and "Windows"

4. Get Dhacker29's CWM for kitkat. It is in his folder on androidhosting.org. Look under msm8960.  Look for xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img That one also works for the RAZR M.

5. Copy the recovery image into the "Windows" folder you just extracted.

6. Open a command prompt inside the Windows folder which should contain three files: AdbWinApi.dll, fastboot.exe, and xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img (you can Shift + Rigt Click the folder and select "Open Command WIndow Here" to make sure you are in the right place.)

7.  Boot your phone to fastboot. (Power off then power on holding down both of the volume key until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu Use the volume down button to highlight AP Fastboot.then press the Volume Up key to select it.)

8. Connecto your phone via USB.

9.  In your command window type the following then press enter "fastboot.exe flash recovery xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img"  (Do not type the quotes).

10. Disconnect the phone then press the power button to turn the device off.

11.  Hold down the volume up button and power on the device to boot into recovery. 

12. When you reboot the phone the Recovery should give you an option to protect itself from being over written.  Make sure you select yes. If you don't, the stock kitkat Rom will reflash the stock recovery when you reboot. Also make sure that you reboot into recovery directly after flashing the recovery. If boot into the ROM immediately after flashing the recovery you will have to start over.

Hope that helps.

#20 shahzaib1995

shahzaib1995

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationpakistan

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

my phone is unlocked bootloader the problem is why i flash 4.1.2 jellbean i can easily flash cwm and twrp but when i try to flash 4.4.2 kitkat rom and then i flash cwm and twrp fastboot error variable not supported and when i use rom apps like Rom manager,flashify cwm flash done but when i try to enter cwm recovery i m stuck boot screen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users