#41 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

opening another can of worms ehhh xD

Devices currently owned OG Droid, Droid bionic x3, Droid RAZR x2, RAZR Maxx, Droid 4 x2, Razr HD Maxx dev, GS3, GN2 and 3 protoypes

Possibly. :D

Non potest esse nisi unus

#42 Gunstra

Gunstra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

What version of windows are you running? And is UAC (user access control) turned on? Have you tried restarting your PC? Sorry for all the questions but there's a lot of things to troubleshoot.

Alternatively you can just use my House of Bionic and upgrade from whatever you're on to 246...either keeping data or by wiping everything and getting a fresh start. The HoB can re-root it after it's done, as well. Follow the link in my signature if you wanna try it but PLEASE make sure you fully read the OP and the FAQ before trying it.

Windows 7 with all the latest updates, Yes UAC is on but it doesn't even get that far. I have already tried restarting the PC, stopping and starting Windows Installer Service.
Devices: Droid Bionic, Nexus 7

#43 Gunstra

Gunstra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

just download an install the ICS fxz an do not try to run rds lite in the zip file u have to extract it if it doesnt work its corrupt redownload it the ICS fxz is here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Devices currently owned OG Droid, Droid bionic x3, Droid RAZR x2, RAZR Maxx, Droid 4 x2, Razr HD Maxx dev, GS3, GN2 and 3 protoypes

Choose RDS or Fasboot? for a droid bionic running 5.9.902.XT875 Android 2.3.4

#44 sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Moot Master

• Superuser
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Choose RDS or Fasboot? for a droid bionic running 5.9.902.XT875 Android 2.3.4

confused need u to explain the link should auto download the fxz if not just scroll till u see droid bionic the ICS fxz is next to it as for rsd extract it from the zip an install it

Posted Image

#45 Gunstra

Gunstra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Posted Image1) RSD
2) Fasboot
Select Flash Mode:

This is what is in the command window when I ran the .bat file as the help page says to run:

#46 sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Moot Master

• Superuser
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Yeah thats samuri's program not mine u have to ask him modular script is not my thing all I can say is read his faq cuz he got tired of answering questions that were in the faq so hes kinda stopped 1 on 1 support he still updates the files but he expects the user to read the faq an do it right cuz it is actually reallly over simplified

• SamuriHL likes this
Posted Image

#47 sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Moot Master

• Superuser
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Posted Image1) RSD
2) Fasboot
Select Flash Mode:

This is what is in the command window when I ran the .bat file as the help page says to run:

run RSD an flash the fxz

Posted Image

#48 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Yea, try it in RSD mode. Then you can do the Keep Data or Factory Reset option depending on whether you want to keep data or start factory fresh. That should get you going. Make SURE you have the latest moto drivers installed.

#49 Gunstra

Gunstra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

run RSD an flash the fxz

Still not working, ran your program and it gives this:

File Not Found
ERROR: RSD not found. Please install the RSD installer.

Look at the screenshot above and tell me why it's not found, that's your program extracted to that folder. I do read faqs, I work on cell phones for a living but I am not into all this ROM and stuff.

#50 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

However, I can tell you already from your picture you did the FXZ install wrong. I can't make that any simpler. Put the FXZ zip file in the 246_FXZ dir and remove that VRZ_ ... folder.

#51 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Still not working, ran your program and it gives this:

File Not Found
ERROR: RSD not found. Please install the RSD installer.

Look at the screenshot above and tell me why it's not found, that's your program extracted to that folder. I do read faqs, I work on cell phones for a living but I am not into all this ROM and stuff.

No kidding. I just told you how to fix it. That wasn't following the directions...

#52 Gunstra

Gunstra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

However, I can tell you already from your picture you did the FXZ install wrong. I can't make that any simpler. Put the FXZ zip file in the 246_FXZ dir and remove that VRZ_ ... folder.

No where does your steps say to do that dude, I am following your instructions from your post:

It does NOT say to do that, maybe the steps need re-wrote.

#53 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

No where does your steps say to do that dude, I am following your instructions from your post:

Installing FXZ (Windows):

o) Create a 246_FXZ directory in your HouseOfBionic directory
o) Copy the VRZ_XT875_6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.zip to the 246_FXZ directory
o) Run the HoB

I don't really know what the hell I can do to make people read the FULL OP.

#54 sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Moot Master

• Superuser
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Installing FXZ (Windows):

o) Create a 246_FXZ directory in your HouseOfBionic directory
o) Copy the VRZ_XT875_6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.zip to the 246_FXZ directory
o) Run the HoB

I don't really know what the hell I can do to make people read the FULL OP.

calm down

Posted Image

#55 sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Moot Master

• Superuser
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

u to I can see ur doing it wrong an I have been doing fxzs an creating fxzs on the bionic longer than anyone else I just dont use HOB I use just RSD an a custom fxz that I made whether I want to keep data or start fresh

Posted Image

#56 sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Moot Master

• Superuser
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

My advice just install rsd from my files in the op (remove the installer from the zip an run) an download the ICS fxz I posted a couple of post back u will lose data but its the fastest way

Posted Image

#57 Gunstra

Gunstra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

just download an install the ICS fxz an do not try to run rds lite in the zip file u have to extract it if it doesnt work its corrupt redownload it the ICS fxz is here

I did extract it and then tried to run it and got the dreadful Windows Installer Error. I have been repairing and building computers now for 14+ years, winrar is nothing new to me. I repair hardware on cell phones, not software, I am not a developer or programmer. I did download and extract the above file you suggested above but if I cannot get RDS 5.7 to work then I can't use the files above correct?

#58 sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Moot Master

• Superuser
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

I did extract it and then tried to run it and got the dreadful Windows Installer Error. I have been repairing and building computers now for 14+ years, winrar is nothing new to me. I repair hardware on cell phones, not software, I am not a developer or programmer. I did download and extract the above file you suggested above but if I cannot get RDS 5.7 to work then I can't use the files above correct?

correct did u try redownloading it could be corrupt

Posted Image

#59 sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Moot Master

• Superuser
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Its just like any other windows program it should just install unless the download is bad

Posted Image

#60 Gunstra

Gunstra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Its just like any other windows program it should just install unless the download is bad

I have downloaded it twice now and get the same error both times. I tried right clicking on it as running it as admin but that option does not exist in the menu on the rds 5.7 file, nor does running it in XP compatibility mode, bot options grayed out. Any other way of doing the upgrade without using the RDS 5.7 file? The House of Bionic file extracts it ok in the terminal window then after I tell it to not disable web top it comes to the error again that it cannot find the file, so I am done with trying that method. I followed all the steps, including these others he posted and still no go with the HOB.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users