Photo

Install custom rom in Razr HD XT926

Best Answer Neo_mat , 23 June 2014 - 10:58 AM

Some of the ROMs that you are trying to flash may say that they are 4.4.x (4.4.4 even) but that doesn't mean they are going to work with your phone, yet. I know only two ROMs that work for sure with XT926 KK bootloader, both of them are being maintained by Dhacker29:

- Gummy ROM (Official builds support XT926 KK bootloader for about a week now ( https://twitter.com/...182106036117504 ))

- CyanogenMod(unofficial nightly builds from Dhacker29 are available at androidhosting - http://www.androidho...cker29/msm8960/)

Basicaly Dhacker29 is our God and you should worship him < 3

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

I got it, but I wasn't rooted at the time, so I had no way to download it and get it in the cache directory, otherwise I would have sent it in.

I can state we are still on 4.4.2. 

Kernel version is 3.4.42-g455c4f41

Build # is KDA20.62-14.1

System version is 183.46.14.XT926.Verizon.en.US

Build date was on July 4th. Man, don't they take a break? ;)

Stability-wise, it still seems pretty good. Popping noise is still there. Damn! However, if you are in silent or vibrate mode, it doesn't appear to occur. I've ensured "touch sounds" is turned off, but that still doesn't fix the issue. But, unlike the previous OTA, the popping noise would occur even if you were in vibrate or silent mode, so this is a small improvement, but there's a fix out there that actually removes it completely. It requires reflashing the boot partition, but it does work with this OTA. Still wish Motorola would fix it themselves.

I guess I've already voided my soak test credentials sharing this, but what the hell.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#42 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,369 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:42 AM

We REALLY need someone to capture it.  :(  Oh well.  Have you tried towel root on it?  I'm curious if it still works.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#43 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

We REALLY need someone to capture it.   :(  Oh well.  Have you tried towel root on it?  I'm curious if it still works.

I'm already unlocked (since last year), so it won't matter for me, correct? Or, could it still be a good test?

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#44 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,369 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

Won't matter for you, but, it matters to those who remain locked so a very useful test.  If you have time it'd be good to know if it's patched in this build.

#45 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:38 AM

Won't matter for you, but, it matters to those who remain locked so a very useful test.  If you have time it'd be good to know if it's patched in this build.

Towelroot worked like a charm. Didn't reboot and I shelled in and did a "su -" and had root.

Looks like that part isn't patched. Curious to know if the bootloader unlock exploit was patched or not. 

2cqd4t2.png

#46 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,369 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

Towelroot worked like a charm. Didn't reboot and I shelled in and did a "su -" and had root.

Looks like that part isn't patched. Curious to know if the bootloader unlock exploit was patched or not. 

That is interesting.  Would be interesting to know if the unlock was patched.

#47 Neo_mat

Neo_mat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

That is interesting.  Would be interesting to know if the unlock was patched.

Well you can lock BL and test the unlock exploit and if it doesn't work still unlock it back (as described here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)

#48 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

Well you can lock BL and test the unlock exploit and if it doesn't work still unlock it back (as described here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)

Once the xt926 is unlocked, you cannot lock the bootloader. It's a permanent, physical change to the phone.

Besides, we already determined the soak test prevents towelroot. The reason it worked for me is because I had flashed a different boot image which allowed towelroot to work. When I put the original boot image back, towelroot refused to work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2cqd4t2.png

#49 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,369 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:00 AM

And we already know the unlock exploit is repatched as well.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

#50 biddyman

biddyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:32 AM

Good day, I have an xt926 running stock kk with unlocked bootloader and system version of 182.46.15. Every time I try flashing any custom rom, the recovery always says "can not open [zip path](BAD)". Please help me. Thank you
I have been able to downgarade from system version .15 to .10 and when I tried the ROMs again, only the unified cm11 SNAPSHOT build worked. Others got stuck at the boot animation. Pls any further help???

Edited by biddyman, 23 May 2015 - 03:35 PM.

#51 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

Good day, I have an xt926 running stock kk with unlocked bootloader and system version of 182.46.15. Every time I try flashing any custom rom, the recovery always says "can not open [zip path](BAD)". Please help me. Thank you
I have been able to downgarade from system version .15 to .10 and when I tried the ROMs again, only the unified cm11 SNAPSHOT build worked. Others got stuck at the boot animation. Pls any further help???

Which custom recovery do you have installed?

#52 biddyman

biddyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

TWRP ver2.8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users