36 replies to this topic

#1 kcheng189

kcheng189

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hi Guys. I'm new to the forum and I'm currently in a crises so I figured I would try to get help before I call this quits.

I currently own a Droid Razr Maxx.

I had installed eclipse (gingerbread) on my phone. It was running great.

Yesterday, my friend wanted to switch it to ICS since there really was no reason for me to continue running on GB when there is a newer version. So I let him take my phone and this is what he said has happened:

He unrooted my phone. Then he cleared my data and cache....
Then he downloaded Matts Utility 1.7 (I think) and he did the first option which is Full Fastboot to ICS 6.16.211 Stock. However, now when I turn my phone on... it just goes into the initial "Dual Core" screen. Then it just goes to black and stays there.

I tried to go into recovery and update.zip with a file i have saved on the SD card called VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_M1-2_1FF_01.zip.

It just says install /sd
and nothing really happens.

Im really not sure what happened at this point, pissed at my friend lol, and mad at myself for letting this happen when my phone was running fine. Any suggestions? Should I take it to Verizon? I'm not really a phone guru but I can follow along any suggestions.

Seriously Ill pay someone if this can get fixed Posted Image. All suggestions help...

#2 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Now that zip file can be used to recover this. It should range ~700-800 MB if I remember correctly. If you download RSD Lite on your computer, load that into it and put the phone into AP Fastboot it will reflash the software so it will work again.

If you feel more comfortable using Matt's Utilities you can use Utility 1.8 or 1.82. I haven't used 1.82 so I don't know if it has the files included, it should though. I know 1.8 does.

Let me know what happens.

--Sam

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#3 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Now that zip file can be used to recover this. It should range ~700-800 MB if I remember correctly. If you download RSD Lite on your computer, load that into it and put the phone into AP Fastboot it will reflash the software so it will work again.

If you feel more comfortable using Matt's Utilities you can use Utility 1.8 or 1.82. I haven't used 1.82 so I don't know if it has the files included, it should though. I know 1.8 does.

Let me know what happens.

--Sam

I don`t think 1.82 has webtop, Matt removed it to keep the file small(er). For what this person needs 1.7

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

here should do it.
Posted Image

#4 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

Another thing you could try. I`ve had the same thing happen to my Maxx after using matts utility. Here`s what I had to do.
1) Press and hold the Power button and turn the phone off.
2) When the screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Volume Up and Power.
3) When the white AP Fastboot screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
4) Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
5) When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
6) Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe data factory reset” and select it.
7) Select “Reboot system now.”
You should be able to do this in the state your in now. Good luck.
Posted Image

#5 kcheng189

kcheng189

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hmm, should I still download RSD Lite? I'm kind of a noob at this (not kind of, definitely am lol). So maybe I should download DroidRazrUtility 1.7? Which option would I choose tho?

Posted Image

Again I sincerely apologize for any very stupid questions. :\

#6 kcheng189

kcheng189

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Another thing you could try. I`ve had the same thing happen to my Maxx after using matts utility. Here`s what I had to do.
1) Press and hold the Power button and turn the phone off.
2) When the screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Volume Up and Power.
3) When the white AP Fastboot screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
4) Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
5) When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
6) Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe data factory reset” and select it.
7) Select “Reboot system now.”
You should be able to do this in the state your in now. Good luck.

Thanks mate. I've tried this though and unfortunately it always just goes back to the "Dual Core" screen then to just pure black screen. Let me try it one more time.

#7 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

There are no stupid questions. :D Before you use the utility, try the last method I posted. Yesterday I had to use the utility and my Maxx did the same as yours. I got it into recovery mode and wiped data factory reset, and rebooted. It then worked flawless. Try that first though before using the utility again.
Posted Image

#8 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Here, I apologize. This

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

should be what you need. Choose option 1. Can you put your phone into AP Fastboot mode?
Posted Image

#9 kcheng189

kcheng189

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Just tried it and it went into the black screen again. It's almost as if there is nothing to load.

Yep, I can go into AP fastboot mode.

#10 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

This is the official .211 ICS that Verizon would have pushed to your phone to upgrade you from Gingerbread.
Posted Image

#11 kcheng189

kcheng189

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

Im going to try to do DroidRazrUtility link you just posted. See the one I used before was on the mac, and I successfully completed the first option which was "Full Fastboot to ICS 6.16.211 Stock". But for whatever reason, nothing happened when I completed that. Let me give this one a try.

#12 kcheng189

kcheng189

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

This is the official .211 ICS that Verizon would have pushed to your phone to upgrade you from Gingerbread.

Ah okay. Thanks for the link and the help! Will give it a try :)

#13 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Ok, Grab the utility from the last link I left you. Put your phone into Fastboot mode and choose option 1 and follow the intructions. We need to get it done soon as possible before your battery dies. Turn your phone off until your ready.
Posted Image

#14 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

k :D
Posted Image

#15 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Guess you guys got this one taken care of! :D Nice work. OP is in good hands
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#16 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

guys you can't use 1.81 or 1.82 from GB,and unless he has 211 zip on sd he can't use 1.7-so he has to use matt's 1.6 utility to get to ics

#17 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Guess you guys got this one taken care of! :D Nice work. OP is in good hands

Thanks Tucstwo :D that mean a lot coming from you.
  • tucstwo likes this
Posted Image

#18 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

guys you can't use 1.81 or 1.82 from GB,and unless he has 211 zip on sd he can't use 1.7-so he has to use matt's 1.6 utility to get to ics

He has the zip on the sd
Posted Image

#19 kcheng189

kcheng189

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Hmm is that why when it said I successfully installed "Full Fastboot to ICS 6.16.211 Stock" from the DroidRazrUtility I used.. nothing happened?

#20 kcheng189

kcheng189

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Yeah I manually added the zip on the SD.

edit: anyways... still downloading 1.82 (1.81 link didnt work)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users