• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#141 tw1n5nak35

tw1n5nak35

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, U.S
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy JuggerNote3 (SM-N900V)

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

It was taken out BC it was unreliable. Def don't need to switch back to earlier version BC of this.

sent from my icy Bionic occasionally with a side of jellybeans

I'll stay on v3.11 instead of going back :D

Previous Device: Motorola Droid Bionic (XT875)                                            Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Juggernote3 (SM-N900V)
Roms: EclipseICS, IcarusHD, WizzedBean, Executioner and Stock                Roms: Hyperdrive, Eclipse, Jasemine, Bigginz and Stock
Recovery: Safestrap v3.11                                                                             Recovery: Safestrap v3.75

#142 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Having a problem creating backups recently. Seems to work, but only takes a few seconds and backup file is empty. Any Ideas, tried different slots, have plenty of space. Does same thing on SD card and internal storage. Thank you in advance for consideration and advice.
Samsung S4, Rooted, Encrypted, Stock JB 4.4.3 GPE and Echo TW v.24 4.4.2
Moto Xoom WiFi-EOS Big Part 4.4.4 w/ TWRP 2.7.1. Thanks BRD & R'nH!

#143 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Found the problem, the System and Data boxes got unchecked in the backup screen. Working fine now!

#144 Ecnalrulz

Ecnalrulz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

ok i need some help i am on a brand new ( 5 minuets ago fxz of 246 ) installed ss3 so i can flash the new pac rom i found and everytime i try to flash it and most everything else i get that there was an error a (status 6) and that there was an error flashing the zip please help !!!

#145 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Suggest you go to House of Bionic.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

#146 Ecnalrulz

Ecnalrulz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

I tried that and couldnt find anything

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#147 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

did you ask Samuri for help, after reading the OP and FAQ's?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

#148 Ecnalrulz

Ecnalrulz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yeah and still no answer

Crack flash until it cracks

#149 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

Have you uninstalled ss and reinstalled it
Also are you downloading the roms on the phone itself?

#150 Ecnalrulz

Ecnalrulz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

Yes i even redownloaded the apk. And yes and no i have tried downloading the files on my phone and my computer and still gets an error

#151 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

Weird, your fxz went fine with no errors, stock is running fine with no problems, you can create a rom slot. If all these are correct I'm at a loss to help, sorry

#152 jcwilliams

jcwilliams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

Yes i even redownloaded the apk. And yes and no i have tried downloading the files on my phone and my computer and still gets an error

I would assume bad downloads. Did you check md5 sums after you download then after you move the download to the final resting place (sdcard)?
  • B.E.McAllister likes this

#153 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Ultra XT1080

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

ok after looking for whatever reason i have lost /vendor/app on both safe and non-safe sides of SS.  Does SS not backup /vendor? I never flashed anything on my non-safe side only on my safe side but now both are gone and even flashing my backup to slot 1 still never returned them.  Something with this is not sitting well with me right now. I am thinking something in SS doesn't like to play well with JB either. As i have never had this issue before when running ICS.

#154 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

ok after looking for whatever reason i have lost /vendor/app on both safe and non-safe sides of SS.  Does SS not backup /vendor? I never flashed anything on my non-safe side only on my safe side but now both are gone and even flashing my backup to slot 1 still never returned them.  Something with this is not sitting well with me right now. I am thinking something in SS doesn't like to play well with JB either. As i have never had this issue before when running ICS.

Never looked at that before, but I have 2 Bionics, and the one that's on ics rooted only does have it.  Other one ics rooted with ss running cm 10.1 not there.  Not going to attempt to open stock slot, so I can't check that for you.

#155 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

i took my stock backed it up and restored into slot1. I just find it weird as i just flashed my deodexed in slot 1 which removes some vendor apps i am not sure why/how it would have removed things from my stock rom. Keep in mind i have used this same thing for the last 3 updates without any problems till now.

#156 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

fully wiped and FXZ'd JB then rooted installed SS 3.11 backed up everything did the same thing again and got the same result when restoring no /vendor/app's. what is the use in doing a complete backup if it is not truly complete?

I never used this on ICS i used BS so i can't tell you if it worked there or not.

Now I know i could easily flash my vendor apps into data but that doesn't solve a possible problem of what if someone needs or wants webtop after they have messed something up. At this current point they couldn't even do a restore and get those things back.

#157 nitephlight

nitephlight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

twink i can confirm this issue (thought it was just me!) - tried to restore a stock backup to rom1 and no success. went back to my stock slot for a couple of days then had to restore system for some reason and got pwned on stock slot. FXZ again, oh well.

#158 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

twink i can confirm this issue (thought it was just me!) - tried to restore a stock backup to rom1 and no success. went back to my stock slot for a couple of days then had to restore system for some reason and got pwned on stock slot. FXZ again, oh well.

Well I hope someone takes this matter seriously as i have not had a single comment except this one.  I think with something that everyone now depends upon since BS no longer works with JB somethings need to be reworked by someone who knows what they are doing cause i sure don't when it comes to something like this.

#159 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

I another thread I thought Samurai mentioned something about voodoo or another root protection method causing an issue with restore because it couldn't be deleted or something, so assert fails. If you remove root protection before making the backup you should be fine restoring , I think was the gist of it.

It was something I read late at night though (most my forum reading is) so I can't be more informative...

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#160 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

I another thread I thought Samurai mentioned something about voodoo or another root protection method causing an issue with restore because it couldn't be deleted or something, so assert fails. If you remove root protection before making the backup you should be fine restoring , I think was the gist of it.

It was something I read late at night though (most my forum reading is) so I can't be more informative...

What I am talking about has nothing to do with asserts failing but with SS not backing up the vendor/webtop partition. I mean some people want webtop and if they make a backup the way it currently works and they need to use it for whatever reason and they previously had deleted webtop trying something out upon restoring the webtop partition will still be gone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safestrap recovery

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users