• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#161 nitephlight

nitephlight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

I another thread I thought Samurai mentioned something about voodoo or another root protection method causing an issue with restore because it couldn't be deleted or something, so assert fails. If you remove root protection before making the backup you should be fine restoring , I think was the gist of it.

It was something I read late at night though (most my forum reading is) so I can't be more informative...

turns out *this* issue did not brick my phone, but caused webtop to stop working. i can make a fairly general and obvious statement: safestrap only backs up /system, /data, /cache and secure.... i guess that these are the only necessary partitions upon which ROMs differ.

/dev/block/webtop mounts to /system/vendor

i think the issue lies somewhere in the fact that one cannot backup files located in /system/vendor because they exist on a partition that is not included in the backup. 

webtop is most likely not mounted to system when a backup occurs and rightly so- i suspect that something happens in a certain situation that causes webtop to not mount correctly to system after a restore

#162 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

Updated OP with a new version of Safestrap:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

md5sum: d2904d29905ac855544779089f83a55a
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

[ DOUBLE-CHECK you have the "Targa" version ]

SAFESTRAP CHANGES:
  • [09/06] (3.53) Fixed mass_storage in recovery (via Mount menu)
  • [09/06] (3.53) Added Webtop to partition backup list (optional)
  • [09/06] (3.53) New virtual systems created will be 640mb (got reset 600mb)
  • [09/06] (3.53) Fixed file selector when changing from internal to external storage (previously location wouldn't update)
  • [09/05] (3.52) added "Reboot to Recovery" in APK
  • [09/04] (3.51) Disabled screen blank while creating a rom-slot
  • [09/04] (3.51) Fixed openrecovery script processing for stock slot to re-inject hijack after .zip install (cmupdater on stock now works)
  • [08/30] (3.50) If running a new CM10.1/CM10.2 ROM (08/30 or later) you *should* be able to install Safestrap and update the recovery w/o having to go back to stock. If Safestrap shows "recovery not installed" while you're on a ROM-slot, then that ROM hasn't been updated and it won't work. Swap back to stock ROM and update Safestrap from there.
  • [08/30] (3.50) Worked on stock ROM flashing and *should* work with CM10.1/CM10.2 builds on or after 08/30 *WILL NOT WORK WITH OLDER ROMs.*
  • [08/30] (3.50) Battery meter is back
  • [08/30] (3.50) Updated TWRP theme
  • [08/30] (3.50) Added partition sizes to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
  • [08/30] (3.50) Added "Check FS" function to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
  • [08/30] (3.50) Complete re-write against TWRP 2.6 base (up from version 2.2.2.1):

• milski65, B.E.McAllister, mrlolli and 4 others like this

#163 Underwater Mike

Underwater Mike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Am I missing something? The d/l link for 3.53 gives me a "file you requested was not found" error.

• DR650SE likes this

#164 DR650SE

DR650SE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR XT912

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

What's the difference between Targa, and Spyder? Just want to make sure I get the correct version. (Droid RAZR XT912.) I'm currently using BMM but want to switch to SS since BMM isn't supported anymore. Also I want to make sure with SS, that it IS possible to flash to the stock slot. I have no need for the stock OS, and want to run my main system on that slot. I'll only be using the other slots for testing other ROMs. If I ever need stock, I'd just flash it on through my PC. Thanks for the help. Also when I try to download the apk, I also get a "couldn't be found" error :confused: Sent from my DROID RAZR/JB CM 10.2 via Tapatalk II

#165 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

What's the difference between Targa, and Spyder? Just want to make sure I get the correct version. (Droid RAZR XT912.) I'm currently using BMM but want to switch to SS since BMM isn't supported anymore. Also I want to make sure with SS, that it IS possible to flash to the stock slot. I have no need for the stock OS, and want to run my main system on that slot. I'll only be using the other slots for testing other ROMs. If I ever need stock, I'd just flash it on through my PC. Thanks for the help. Also when I try to download the apk, I also get a "couldn't be found" error :confused:Sent from my DROID RAZR/JB CM 10.2 via Tapatalk II

Spyder is the name of your phone, targa is the name of the bionic. Your safestrap is here

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

2qa7hv4.jpg

Nice job on the signature, jl90...thanks! 

#166 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

Am I missing something? The d/l link for 3.53 gives me a "file you requested was not found" error.

The link for targa is here

Please be aware, though, that the roms built to flash on v3.11 will not flash on v3.53

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

2qa7hv4.jpg

Nice job on the signature, jl90...thanks! 

#167 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

hows about a list of SS3.5x flashable roms, can anyone  chime in? what about Android version #'s, does that matterr i.e. 4.2~4.3??

TIA,

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#168 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

Pretty much no Moto-Blur Base for right now. I have been able to install Nitro's 4.3 Eclipse build and CM-10.1 + CM 10.2. Looks like so far only Source built ROMs with the un-modified binary scripts install just fine.

• marleyinoc likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#169 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

So, does it look like 3.6x has everything working for our stone-age™ Bionics?

Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#170 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

er, um, noble, when you say no Moto-blur based for now, are you referring to 3d party roms, or Stock?

I'm running 98.72.16 courtesy of Matt's util & slot 1 has Razr Eclipse 2.2…

I'd like to upgrade, but want to be sure all is stable & can achieve flawless nand backups of my Razr Maxx

tia, SpyderMan
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#171 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

If trying to install stock based ROMs with SS 3.6 it will not mount the System or data using the usual updater script commands. I have passed the a work around to the other devs so updater scripts can be re-wrote so that it will install onto those partitions without any hiccups. Currently there is a work around that I posted in the Revolution tread. I too have been putting off a update that will work for both my ROMs until I can get all the kinks worked out. So the best thing to do is consult with the dev of the ROM and see if it is compatible first with 3.6. $3π+ £®m€ ×X× BiOπI¢ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

new_animated_sig.gif

#172 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Updated the OP to v3.65.

Can someone confirm or deny if this is compatible with the older stock-based ROMs? (MotoBlur stuff that didn't work with the previous version)

#173 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'll try it tonight if no one else reports back

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#174 kc69

kc69

Droid Elite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Google+:kcmj6969@gmail.com
  • LocationEast Bernard TEXAS
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

And will a 3.60 backup restore with 3.65? That was a chore going from 3.11 to 3.60.
TEXAS state of mind

#175 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

3.60 worked very nice with Stock base. I believe the only issue people had was replacing there safe side with a custom ROM.

$3π+ £®m€ ×X× BiOπI¢ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

new_animated_sig.gif

#176 braum

braum

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic, rzr max, infinity pad

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

Thanks for the update

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

#177 kc69

kc69

Droid Elite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

dont know what i did. it seems that i can no longer make backups. the screen goes dark and goes right back to the main screen . it will auto and manual create a folder but it will be empty. ive tried going back and forth between 3.6 and 3.65 and even back to 3.11. all of them fail on making a backup. this started after i flashed cm 10,2 11/18. im not sure what that has to do with anything. ive tried removing all of the the backups off the sd card , by the way dont remove the backup of stock , it uses that backup for the unsafe side it seems. and it restores all previously backed up roms. i wish i knew how to fix this.

TEXAS state of mind

#178 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

dont know what i did. it seems that i can no longer make backups. the screen goes dark and goes right back to the main screen . it will auto and manual create a folder but it will be empty. ive tried going back and forth between 3.6 and 3.65 and even back to 3.11. all of them fail on making a backup. this started after i flashed cm 10,2 11/18. im not sure what that has to do with anything. ive tried removing all of the the backups off the sd card , by the way dont remove the backup of stock , it uses that backup for the unsafe side it seems. and it restores all previously backed up roms. i wish i knew how to fix this.

Sound like to me that you have SS set to place your backups onto the Micro SDcard and you don't have anything there for it to write too. It would still go through the backup processes, but will not be able to access it until you put a external sd card in. You can manually change that setting in the Backup section. Press on the Storage : Micro SDcard then select Internal Storage. All should be good from there.

Also while you were on CM did you happen to switch your Data to install on External Storage instead on the internal partition. There might be a hidden script on the internal storage causing SS to not choose the right card.. You never know....

new_animated_sig.gif

#179 kc69

kc69

Droid Elite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

ya , no i have a 32 g class 10 in it and up till i flashed cm 10.2 11/18 it backed up everything fine. i had 12 backeups on there at one time, i usually go through and delete old ones or restore them and let them update apps then back them up again.thats whats so wierd dont know what exactly i did to lose that function.

TEXAS state of mind

#180 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

So are your backups still on the External Card?

new_animated_sig.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safestrap recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users