• Please log in to reply
2419 replies to this topic

#2381 markwebb

markwebb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

I'm JB ota updated, encrypted, rooted and mooted. B) Waiting for some Flying Jelly, pleease. :p

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Likwise! Looking forward to the new effort.

• T3T3droid and Coo1GuyPau1 like this

#2382 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

Flying jelly yay I can't wait either! Honestly I have had this phone longer than any other. "I dig it" I was gonna look for a new one but maybe I'll wait till after summer now :-) keep up the good work with the new ROMs guys, its much appreciated. :-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  • T3T3droid, Coo1GuyPau1 and Quadroller like this

#2383 frankie15

frankie15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Looking forward to Flying Jelly! :)

#2384 joecracker

joecracker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

Hey guys. Still loving the Rom. I've lost my lock screen. When I push the power button it goes right to the open screen. I'm using the 1.7.4 version. Got any ideas?

Update: Al of my settings got set back to factory.... I think. I didnt have a ring tone or text mesage alert untill I went in and reset them. the only thing I can figure is I had installed a card game called " Fresh Deck ". When I tryed to sign into the game the first time thru a face book sign in it went to the next page then rebooted the phone. After that its had all kind of quirks. I'm guessing reflash huh? I just hate retweeking all my contacts and apps. Such is the life of a noob.

#2385 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

Hey guys. Still loving the Rom. I've lost my lock screen. When I push the power button it goes right to the open screen. I'm using the 1.7.4 version. Got any ideas?

Update: Al of my settings got set back to factory.... I think. I didnt have a ring tone or text mesage alert untill I went in and reset them. the only thing I can figure is I had installed a card game called " Fresh Deck ". When I tryed to sign into the game the first time thru a face book sign in it went to the next page then rebooted the phone. After that its had all kind of quirks. I'm guessing reflash huh? I just hate retweeking all my contacts and apps. Such is the life of a noob.

Yes it sounds like a reflash would be a good idea. I've seen apps that do similar things to a phone. A reflash should fix it.

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#2386 Bama

Bama

Needs Beer

• Superuser
  • 582 posts
  • Locationsalem,al

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

well so long icarus..you were a great one

• T3T3droid, B.E.McAllister, jayrod and 2 others like this

#2387 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

well so long icarus..you were a great one

Yup..got my start in tweaking with Icarus.. But now there is no going back..Soon..we'll be Flying some Jelly!

Sent from my AOKP Bionic
  • T3T3droid and Bama like this

#2388 tomv5314

tomv5314

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationMass.
  • Current Device(s):One Plus 7Pro 8GB Ram - 256 GB Rom - Pixel 2 XL- 128GB - Nexus 6P- 128GB - LG G3- LG-G2 -Razor Maxx HD unlocked- Bionic- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3--SM-T820

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

IF you are going to take the JB OTA you need to be VERY careful to not lose root because as of right now, we have no root exploit . I am working on both a Safestrap flashable JB update and a dual boot utility similar to the one that was made for the RAZR. Hang in there guys, I'm working as fast as I can. Your best bet is to not take the update right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have been using this Rom as my DD since early Feb.  Still loving it. Running great. Have been holding off on updating to JB.  I have 4.2 on my tf700 transformer tab so I am familiar with JB. My question is are you getting close to the safe strap JB flashable update mentioned above? 

• T3T3droid likes this

One Plus 7 Pro --  8 GB Ram - 256 GB Rom

#2389 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

I have been using this Rom as my DD since early Feb.  Still loving it. Running great. Have been holding off on updating to JB.  I have 4.2 on my tf700 transformer tab so I am familiar with JB. My question is are you getting close to the safe strap JB flashable update mentioned above? 

I was going to do this to help people keep root, but since we have a root method for JB now, its not neccessary. I did make a 98.72.22 flashable zip though for flashing in Safestrap on a slot.

• T3T3droid likes this

#2390 ndtemple417

ndtemple417

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSouth Kakalake
  • Current Device(s):Note 2

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

Are you making a JB version of this or will this work with JB cuz I'd like to try this out looks awesome

#2391 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

Are you making a JB version of this or will this work with JB cuz I'd like to try this out looks awesome

That's what Flying Jelly is..a JB version of Icarus. Been running it on my RAZR. Very stable.

Sent from my AOKP Bionic

#2392 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

That's what Flying Jelly is..a JB version of Icarus. Been running it on my RAZR. Very stable.

Sent from my AOKP Bionic

Has it been released for the Bionic yet? I only was able to find Blurry.B)

Samsung S4, Rooted, Encrypted, Stock JB 4.4.3 GPE and Echo TW v.24 4.4.2
Moto Xoom WiFi-EOS Big Part 4.4.4 w/ TWRP 2.7.1. Thanks BRD & R'nH!

#2393 ndtemple417

ndtemple417

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSouth Kakalake

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:38 AM

Sent from my AOKP Bionic

link please and this will work on the bionic?

#2394 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

Sent from my AOKP Bionic

Has it been released for the Bionic yet? I only was able to find Blurry.B)

Sent from my AOKP Bionic

link please and this will work on the bionic?

T3 & JP are working on it for the Bionic

Sent from my AOKP Bionic

#2395 ndtemple417

ndtemple417

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSouth Kakalake

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

Tease hopefully soon then?

#2396 jayrod

jayrod

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

Tease hopefully soon then?

Hopefully! There already is a couple of themes that myself and bama have for it.. Just need to port them when it's done.

Sent from my AOKP Bionic

#2397 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

Here you go people! Let us know what you want in FlyingJelly and who knows, we might throw in a teaser screenshot every once in a while :ph34r:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2398 smokedkill

smokedkill

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):bionic

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

I'm not sure if I lost root or not when I got the JB update.  Root Checker and Superuser say I'm not rooted, but I was able to modify the build.prop with Rom Toolbox, install a custom boot animation, and install safestrap.  I did use Voodoo to keep root, but there are some root things I can do, and others I cannot do.  Unfortunately my DVD burner is broke so I can't make a live cd for Ubuntu to make sure I am fully rooted.

#2399 Otakulad

Otakulad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S4

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

I'm not sure if I lost root or not when I got the JB update.  Root Checker and Superuser say I'm not rooted, but I was able to modify the build.prop with Rom Toolbox, install a custom boot animation, and install safestrap.  I did use Voodoo to keep root, but there are some root things I can do, and others I cannot do.  Unfortunately my DVD burner is broke so I can't make a live cd for Ubuntu to make sure I am fully rooted.

I believe you can make one from a USB stick. I think you only need a 2 gig stick minimum.

"Then it came after me, it got into my hand and it went bad, so I lopped it off at the wrist."

"Then it came after me, it got into my hand and it went bad, so I lopped it off at the wrist."

#2400 jpr9845

jpr9845

JPR9845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter:jpr9845
  • Google+:jpr9845
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Will IcarusHD work on a JB stock? CM10.1 is on ROM0 and Blurry fine on ROM1 both run ok. ICARUSHD is on ROM2 and just keep cycling to the safestrap boot screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users