100 replies to this topic

#41 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

No, no problems with GPS, but Android OS is sucking the life out of this awesome battery. Reminds me of a black hole slowly consuming a nearby planet. There are other issues as well with this "official" build. Not really ready for prime-time, imho. But right now, I'm still at a point where I can justify running it as a DD. I'm sure they'll fix these bugs soon.

#42 pegs520

pegs520

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Twitter:pegs520
  • Locationutica
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr maxx hd

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

No, no problems with GPS, but Android OS is sucking the life out of this awesome battery. Reminds me of a black hole slowly consuming a nearby planet. There are other issues as well with this "official" build. Not really ready for prime-time, imho. But right now, I'm still at a point where I can justify running it as a DD. I'm sure they'll fix these bugs soon.

#43 iceeyes

iceeyes

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

Anybody else having issues with their GPS? I just installed the LS--KK-v3.1-official with a 7/12/14 build date and tried to use google maps navigation today and continually lost the GPS.

I started out on LS just a few days ago on one of the nightly builds. I liked it so much that when I seen the official build I updated right away. However, I never tried the GPS on the nightly build so I don't know if it was working then or not.

Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing difficulty locking on a GPS signal?

Thanks in advance!

Experiencing the same since nightly 05.07(that's where I started using LS) and too in the official 3.1. Couldn't find a fix so far.

#44 iceeyes

iceeyes

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

Since the drdevs download site is down I wondered where to get updates from.
So I googled and found this: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Just wanted to let those who did not know, know.

Best regards

• Noigel and Not_A_Dev like this

#45 thomasjamesbell

thomasjamesbell

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

Quick question: any time I install this rom or ANY other rom for that matter, the wifi gets all screwy. It will connect for a little bit then cut out, the wifi status switching between saved and authenticating. It happens with every rom except stock. Is it something I did wrong in the install process?

#46 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:09 AM

wifi on KK sucks....

#47 thomasjamesbell

thomasjamesbell

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

so is there no fix for it? because I really hate using the stock rom.

#48 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

7-20 build on xt926. GPS is broken now, and Bluetooth still doesn't work. Wifi works for me. Battery life I'm not complaining about, because it's a Maxx. But I can no longer go 2 days before a charge. Heavy use of the device necessitates refueling at the end of one day.

#49 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

it sucks on the stock rom too....noise is moto is working on it for the ota which they didnt push yet......

#50 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

where did you download from?? drdevs.com is currently down

EDIT: found Jasons other mirror....  

• Noigel likes this

#51 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

where did you download from?? drdevs.com is currently down

EDIT: found Jasons other mirror....  

Yeah, got it from Jason's site.

#52 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

it sucks on the stock rom too....noise is moto is working on it for the ota which they didnt push yet......

I really have the utmost respect for the LS devs and device maintainers. But I'm almost at a point where I'd like to revert back to some of the old versions of LS under 2.37, because that ROM was a rock-solid winner. GPS not working on my device is almost a deal-breaker. Hope they can fix this soon, because I hate to leave LS.

#53 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

it was definitely slow to connect....it even took GPS Test a long time to connect, but once it did now my gps is good. working in maps and my tracks

#54 sk8ingdroid

sk8ingdroid

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXXX HD

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:39 PM

Yeah WiFi isn't that great now can't connect in my basement anymore had decent connection before. Also are there any builds so far with GPS working I'm on 0702 build need gps soon hate to leave this rom.

#55 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

the 3.1 official was dated 7/13 and the 3.2 is from 7/20

GPS is working for me as I stated above....get GPS Test from the play store and give that a try

#56 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

GPS is working for me as I stated above....get GPS Test from the play store and give that a try

I'll check that out tomorrow. Thanks for the pointer.

#57 iceeyes

iceeyes

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

I can second that. Flash back to stock get a signal then flash to LS and it works.
Only real issue now would be the wifi but it's worked on so it is just a matter of time.
Really like this rom, keep it up

#58 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

So, I am now on what I believe is probably the latest iteration of this ROM at the moment (v3.2 7-24 nightly build KTU84Q), and the overall ROM experience is just not what it used to be on the older JB builds. Aside from the singular issues here or there (diminished battery life, GPS inaccuracies, speakerphone/mic conondrum), I have noticed that my XT926 is just sluggish overall, and at times displays some **gasp** lag (when moving through desktop screens and apps). Memory has definitely taken a beating on this device since the installation of KK (I'm running the same apps that I was running under JB) and when I used to have around 200-250 MB of free RAM before, I am now down to 150-160 MB which on a device with only 1 GB of RAM like the XT926 makes a difference. I don't want to put the onus on the LS development team, because I know they are aces, but I'm wondering if returning to stock KK (or perhaps even JB) would return things to normal.

#59 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

all the current roms have issues so it sort of is what it is until Moto fixes some things first....

On Stock KK using Quadrant I can up to the 6800's, on LS I can get 5300's FWIW. Others I have tried were even slower...

#60 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

Well, it's semi-comforting to read that we're all in the same boat. And again, this was not meant as criticism of LS (I've been running this ROM uninterrupted since November 2013). But Moto needs to come through here, and soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users