#1 Plague

Plague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD xt926

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

Ok, I hope someone can help me get my phone right.  I used RSD to update my phone to 183, I went in order from the system I was running. Everytime I updated, everything was just fine until I did the update to 183, now when It boots I get to the setup wizard, and randomly it will like lockup and freeze, then reboot.  Sometimes I can barely get past just selecting language and it will lock if I'm not quick.  Farthest I've been able to get in it, is to the part where I put my gmail info in, I can never get through putting it all in before it freezes then reboots.  I don't have my sim yet, and since it didn't cause these issues on the previous versions, I don't understand why it would be now.. I'm just trying to get it setup on wifi atm.  Needless to say I've reinstalled, and reinstalled and on and on trying to get this to hopefully fix, but nothing. Unfortunatly my bootloader is locked, or I would just revert to the older fxz, but apparently that is not an option.  What can I do?!  Thanks for any help.

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

for one you can unlock :) not that it would definitely fix your problem.....have you tried doing FDR?

#3 Plague

Plague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

Yes I've done FDR several times, when doing these upgrades and managed to skip the wizard so I could get into the menu and do that, however that didn't seem to change anything.  I have tried to get into the recovery, and I get the ! with the droid, but can't seem to get the recovery menu to show up, was going to see if I could find something there I could reset, ect..  Yea being able to unlock and all that was kinda why I wanted it upgraded.  But I don't see how I can even unlock it at this point, as It won't stay on long enough to get any tools on it to even start now.  I have tried RSD 6.1.5 - 6.1.6, fastbooting the fxz, with HoM scripts, without them, I have noticed with the HoM scripts it seems to lockup and reboot quicker on first bootup.

#4 Plague

Plague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

Ok, so Mabe I haven't done the FDR, as I can't get the phone to go past the triage screen, I've tried holding vol +/- for a long time, nothing never, just sits there, then eventually reboots if I stop pressing buttons, is there a way to fix this?  The reset I was doing was from the menu once the phone was booted, apparently not the same.

#5 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

both vols and then power for 8 seconds, let go power for one second, press power for one second let go should be at recovery.....start again :)

#6 Plague

Plague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

I figured it out, apparently I had to press vol + and power to get the menu. However doing that did no good, It's still doing the freeze-reboot :(

#7 Plague

Plague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

Could this mean there is maybe some kind of hardware issue with the phone?

#8 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

Pressing and Hold down both vol + & vol - along with the power button until the screen turns off then release just the power button. Then you will be in the bootloader menu. Then suggest fastbooting it to the latest Kit Kat update. Since you are not unlocked just yet full fxz would be the best bet. Once done there is no special trick to to pass the activation screen, just choose wifi.
Then also suggest going through and rooting and unlocking the bootloader so your xt926 will be much happier that way.

new_animated_sig.gif

#9 Plague

Plague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

Maybe I should have said I did get to the recovery finally, did the FDR, still freezes after boot and reboots.  I did redo the fastboot of the stock 183 update, but still same, FDR, again, still freezing and rebooting.  It is not giving any errors when fastbooting either. RSD same thing, everything looks fine til it boots then freezes/stalls, then reboots.. I don't even have to do anything when it boots up, if I just let it boot up and not touch anything it will just boot, reboot, boot, reboot, until I catch it right after boot and press power and shut down, then well it shuts off until I press power, then just will boot,restart again.. only way to stop that has been to get into the bootloader and load up fastboot or recovery, it will stay powered up in those 2 modes just fine.  Very confusing for me.  Not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or maybe a hardware issue, or what.  I've even tried just flashing the .img files manually, doesn't change anything. I've tried 3 fxz download locations, thinking something there, but all 3 look identical in sizes ect, and no change depending which one I've used..

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This was one of them, I found from another thread on the forums here.

#10 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

Biggest and stupid question but I gotta ask this because at one point with my Bionic I was attempting to port a rom from the razr to it and the reaction is just to similar. So here is the question. Are you 100% positive you have a xt926 Verizon Razr Maxx HD?

new_animated_sig.gif

#11 Plague

Plague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:52 PM

Lol, always was told there was no stupid questions, but yes I'm sure, it's a xt926 Verizon Droid Razr HD, it's the 16g, not the 32g maxx.

Decided to make a Video of what it does, tried to make it as short as possible, ended up about 2 min to boot, then freeze and reboot, mabe this will help seeing what I'm talking about.

#12 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:49 AM

Is that the missing sim card icon in your status bar?? if so, have you tried with a sim in the device?

#13 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

Where you get it to boot into the os, there is one other thing you can try, and that is to boot into safe mode. 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

That is the instructions for both methods.  If it doesn't freeze up there then you have another place to start looking.

• cmh714 likes this

#14 Plague

Plague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

Yea I've tried with my sim in, doesn't matter either way, so in that video it was out.  Yes I've also tried safe mode, does same thing.

#15 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

If you have enough time to do it. enable developer options by tapping on build # in phone info. Enable debug and try pulling a logcat using adb on pc. It sounds like there is something not installing right.

new_animated_sig.gif

#16 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

I couldn't see where you have wiped the cache partition since the up-grade.  That may be another thing to try from recovery.

Kitkat on the next boot should go back through and update the partition.  No cable attached.

#17 Plague

Plague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

Took me awhile but was finally able to get it in debug and get a logcat run.  Hope this helps, I really have no clue about any of what is in this, or what it should look like lol.

Attached Files

#18 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

I well catch it when I get home. TY

new_animated_sig.gif

#19 Plague

Plague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

Np, Thank you for doing what you can!

#20 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

Was the device on the Blur_Version.9.30.1.XT926 prior to the upgrading it to 183.46.10.XT926? If not what was Stock running prior to updating it using RSD?

new_animated_sig.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users