324 replies to this topic

#61 XE_Nerd

XE_Nerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR HD, HTC Rezound

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

Flashed clean KK and applied towelroot before updating. Worked like a charm and retained root. Thanks guys.

• cmh714 likes this

#62 XE_Nerd

XE_Nerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR HD, HTC Rezound

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

I'm so disappointed they didn't fix the popping...

#63 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

On 182. Trying to update to 183 so I can apply the soak FXZ.

Couldn't get it to work on my other computer. Wound up just running RSDLite and attempting to flash 182 that way. Looked like it worked. It rebooted my phone. Still on 182 but lost root.

Trying from scratch again on my other computer.

Installed Moto Drivers. installed RSDLite. Ran it. Selected sdl.exe, selected zip file and it just hangs after that. Grey box. 

EDIT

Think I got it.

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#64 In Awe

In Awe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

I'm wondering if it is really worth it to upgrade to this? I am unlocked and running the stock rom, but want to go to a custom ROM as soon as the bugs get worked out. I really don't use bluetooth. I guess the real question is.... Are the custom KitKat ROMs going to need the new version of the bootloader that comes with the 183.46.14 OTA to fix the bugs?

#65 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD xt907/26, LG G2, Nexus 7 2012

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

I'm wondering if it is really worth it to upgrade to this? I am unlocked and running the stock rom, but want to go to a custom ROM as soon as the bugs get worked out. I really don't use bluetooth. I guess the real question is.... Are the custom KitKat ROMs going to need the new version of the bootloader that comes with the 183.46.14 OTA to fix the bugs?

Its just bug fixes.

On 182. Trying to update to 183 so I can apply the soak FXZ.

Couldn't get it to work on my other computer. Wound up just running RSDLite and attempting to flash 182 that way. Looked like it worked. It rebooted my phone. Still on 182 but lost root.

Trying from scratch again on my other computer.

Installed Moto Drivers. installed RSDLite. Ran it. Selected sdl.exe, selected zip file and it just hangs after that. Grey box. 

EDIT

Think I got it.

what version are you using of RSD?

#66 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Still didn't work for me. Tried to Unzip the FXZ and got an error so wonder if my download was corrupt. Redownloaded. Trying again once my battery charges up a bit.

As for ver of RSDLite, I downloaded the one linked in this thread. 6.1.6.

In Awe: probably going to do the same thing but I am desperate to get the battery life and weaker WiFi issues fixed. I MUST try this patch.

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#67 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

IF YOU NEED TO GET TO STOCK 183 TO TAKE THIS UPDATE:

Things you will need:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

- 

o) Install RSDLite
o) Unzip the FXZ File.

o) Run the RSD Flasher jar (You must have Java 1.7 or higher installed and

.  It's an executable jar)

o) If this is the first time running the RSD Flasher, select the sdl.exe from the RSD install folder

o) Select the VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10_1FF.xml file, not the zip file you downloaded.

o) Put your phone in AP Fastboot mode and connect it to a USB 2 (not USB 3) port with your original OEM cable.  (WARNING: Battery must be charged!)

o) Select the KEEP DATA button to start flashing

This is what worked for me. Selecting the ZIP file caused RSDFlasher to hang. Unzip it and seelct the XML file in that folder and i worked perfectly.

Now to try this OTA.

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#68 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,447 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

This is what worked for me. Selecting the ZIP file caused RSDFlasher to hang. Unzip it and seelct the XML file in that folder and i worked perfectly.

Now to try this OTA.

It didn't hang.  You people have no patience while it extracts a GIANT freaking zip file.  LMAO

Non potest esse nisi unus

#69 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

You need to provide a little spinning thingamajig to tell them :)

• spainter likes this

#70 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

Now thats funny :lol:

#71 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

Don't call me "you people". Pretty sure my download was corrupt. As I said I couldnt unzip it.

Let it "hang" for 30 minutes before I posted specifically because I didn't want to be a YOU PEOPLE. LOL. That cannot be normal and if it is you should mention that.

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#72 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,447 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

You need to provide a little spinning thingamajig to tell them :)

NO :)

#73 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

ahhh no little spinning thingamajig :rolleyes:

#74 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,447 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

Don't call me "you people". Pretty sure my download was corrupt. As I said I couldnt unzip it.

Let it "hang" for 30 minutes before I posted specifically because I didn't want to be a YOU PEOPLE. LOL. That cannot be normal and if it is you should mention that.

I can't account for corrupt downloads.  There's really nothing at all I can do about that situation.  If you can't unzip it manually, my program isn't going to, either.  But if the zip file is correct, and again that's on you guys to ensure a proper file, then the program will unzip it and it will take a while.

I'm not quite sure if the word "PROTOTYPE" is understood properly.  It does not mean "COMPLETE PIECE OF WORK".  It means "it will do what it says it will but don't expect a finished product with all the little extras."  I'm not microsoft.  :)

• spainter likes this

#75 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Didn't blame you for the corrupt download. ;)

#MadRespect

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#76 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

I can't account for corrupt downloads.  There's really nothing at all I can do about that situation.  If you can't unzip it manually, my program isn't going to, either.  But if the zip file is correct, and again that's on you guys to ensure a proper file, then the program will unzip it and it will take a while.

I'm not quite sure if the word "PROTOTYPE" is understood properly.  It does not mean "COMPLETE PIECE OF WORK".  It means "it will do what it says it will but don't expect a finished product with all the little extras."  I'm not microsoft.   :)

Thank goodness for that.. Having to reboot in the middle of everything could be a problem. :)

#77 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,447 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

Thank goodness for that.. Having to reboot in the middle of everything could be a problem. :)

That could be fun.  :D

#78 cbadave

cbadave

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNC, USA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

Download the adt bundle and go to sdk/platform-tools/

shift + right click to open a command prompt

make sure you're in fastboot

also make sure you have debugging enabled

^^^this

make sure the img is in the same directory, too. it shall flash and then you can reboot, but make sure you hold both volume buttons until you see recovery, go into it and then that should set it as default

I'd look into more into it though, lol. That's how I flashed CWM on my phone and it worked without an issue. That's with adb, I've never tried flashify so idk what that is OH, I forgot about that tool. Idk if other people have tried it

Any idea why I keep getting this message:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright © 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Dave>fastboot flash recovery TWRP2710-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img
error: cannot load 'TWRP2710-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img'

C:\Users\Dave>

#79 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

Copy the image file into the same folder and run it again.

• livinginkaos likes this

#80 cbadave

cbadave

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNC, USA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

Copy the image file into the same folder and run it again.

I have it in the same folder... C:\Android-SDK\platform-tools

I finally figured it out! I had to right click on the TWRP file and go to properties, then I had to specify the program it opens with as fastboot instead of WinZip. Once I did that and tried again it worked perfectly and then I was able to flash SuperSU update which gave me back root. Thanks to everyone for your help!

Edited by cbadave, 12 July 2014 - 06:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users