#1 pkooistra

pkooistra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Twitter:@pkooistra

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

I searched around for awhile, but I can not seem to find any topics on this exact issue.

I am running 6.7.246, phone is rooted though razrs edge, and safestap 3.5 is installed on the phone. The issue I am running into is when I boot and it comes to the SS spalshscreen, pushing the menu button does nothing. In fact it looks like the whole spash screen is "greyed" out a little and after 10 sec. it boots into my stock ROM.

Any thoughts?

#2 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

I searched around for awhile, but I can not seem to find any topics on this exact issue.

I am running 6.7.246, phone is rooted though razrs edge, and safestap 3.5 is installed on the phone. The issue I am running into is when I boot and it comes to the SS spalshscreen, pushing the menu button does nothing. In fact it looks like the whole spash screen is "greyed" out a little and after 10 sec. it boots into my stock ROM.

Any thoughts?

Dumb question but did you enable it on the app installed on your stock system?

Sent from my IcarusHD Edition Bionic, not to be confused with my CM10 or .246 HoB Edition Bionics.

#3 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Any thoughts?

Uninstall and re-install SS3.05. Be sure you actually open the app and "install" from there too.
Just having fun with Android!

#4 pkooistra

pkooistra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Uninstall and re-install SS3.05. Be sure you actually open the app and "install" from there too.

Ya, I installed it twice just to make sure before I posted

#5 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

Did you have bootstrap installed at any time?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#6 pkooistra

pkooistra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

Did you have bootstrap installed at any time?

No, I had safestrap 2.* installed before, but removed it before I upgraded back up to 6.7.246

#7 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

No, I had safestrap 2.* installed before, but removed it before I upgraded back up to 6.7.246

In that case I would redownload the SS apk just in case you got a bad download. Did you move all the contents from the safestrap folder in the internal memory to the safestrap folder on the sdcard?

#8 pkooistra

pkooistra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

In that case I would redownload the SS apk just in case you got a bad download. Did you move all the contents from the safestrap folder in the internal memory to the safestrap folder on the sdcard?

Ok, I will try to download apk again. The only file in the Safestrap folder (internal mem) is "active_slot" In the SD card folder is "backup" and then "nonsafe", then a bunch of stuff.

#9 pkooistra

pkooistra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

Ok, I will try to download apk again. The only file in the Safestrap folder (internal mem) is "active_slot" In the SD card folder is "backup" and then "nonsafe", then a bunch of stuff.

I think that was the issue... somehow I accidently downloaded the Droid3 apk. Downloading the ICS one now. Sorry for that

Thanks for the help :)

#10 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

I think that was the issue... somehow I accidently downloaded the Droid3 apk. Downloading the ICS one now. Sorry for that

Thanks for the help

That was another thought I had. I figured redownloading would fix a corrupt download or get you to the right one. Glad you got it working. Don't be sorry....$#!7 happens.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#11 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

OK that's were everything should be so you are good there.

#12 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

Thanks for the help :)

Good!
Just having fun with Android!

#13 pkooistra

pkooistra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Got everything working and loaded IcarusHD. What an amazing ROM! Spent part of the day getting all of my apps working right, but now it is all set.

One other question... Concerning Overclocking, I am using Tweakerz app and I only see 4 slots. I have seen 5 slots for others. Is there something I am missing or is that something that varies on different phones? I am just looking for a simple way to overclock to a safe amount. 1.2 or 1.33

Thanks

#14 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Got everything working and loaded IcarusHD. What an amazing ROM! Spent part of the day getting all of my apps working right, but now it is all set.

One other question... Concerning Overclocking, I am using Tweakerz app and I only see 4 slots. I have seen 5 slots for others. Is there something I am missing or is that something that varies on different phones? I am just looking for a simple way to overclock to a safe amount. 1.2 or 1.33

Thanks

There is a kernel panic done while updating to ICS is stock recovery. If your phone can handle it you get a 5 slot 1.2ghz bump. If not you stay at 4 slots and 1.0ghz. You can still overclock the 4 slot. I use tweakerz app also so that's what I recommend. If bumping to 1.2ghz bump the voltage to 1398mV which is what it is on the stock 5 slot bump.

#15 pkooistra

pkooistra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

There is a kernel panic done while updating to ICS is stock recovery. If your phone can handle it you get a 5 slot 1.2ghz bump. If not you stay at 4 slots and 1.0ghz. You can still overclock the 4 slot. I use tweakerz app also so that's what I recommend. If bumping to 1.2ghz bump the voltage to 1398mV which is what it is on the stock 5 slot bump.

So it is something that just happens automatically depending on your phones ability?

With tweakerz do you have to redo it every time the phone reboots? Is there any way to save the profile?

#16 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

So it is something that just happens automatically depending on your phones ability?

With tweakerz do you have to redo it every time the phone reboots? Is there any way to save the profile?

Yep its automatic. If you don't get the bump the first time updating then you will never get it. Same processor but different batches that aren't all exactly the same. So weaker batches don't get the bump. As for having the over clock stick after reboot I wouldn't recommend it. The reason why i don't want it to stick after reboot is if there are issues with the voltage then you will boot loop. Pain in the arse to set it up each time but easier then having to wipe and reflash a rom. I take a screenie of tweakerz when I get it set the way I want it to refer to if I forget all the settings.

#17 pkooistra

pkooistra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Thats a good idea. Can you send me the pic of your settings? I got a quadrant score of 2830 with what I have mine set at.

#18 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Thats a good idea. Can you send me the pic of your settings? I got a quadrant score of 2830 with what I have mine set at.

Well I am on my 5 slot bionic now but I can power up the 4 slot one and copy over the settings. Won't be a screenie but it will help.

#19 pkooistra

pkooistra

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Well I am on my 5 slot bionic now but I can power up the 4 slot one and copy over the settings. Won't be a screenie but it will help.

That would be great. Thanks!

#20 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:40 PM