• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

Running CM11 for KK bootloader and I've noticed that I cannot watch any of my movies from Google Play directly on my phone (nor on my Nexus 7 tablet which is also running CM11). I can, however, stream them to my Chromecase without an issue. It's only when I attempt to watch them on my devices that it doesn't work. It's almost like my device is not considered being authorized to view, but it can allow my Chromecast to stream them.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is this an issue with GAPPs or with CM11? I'm using gapps-kk-20140606-signed as my gaps.

I have verified, going back to stock (YUCK) that I can watch my movies on my phone. It seems when I'm on CM11, I can only stream them to Chromecast. Playing them directly on my device is not possible as it keeps telling me there is an error. The error I get is "There was a problem while playing". It then gives me two buttons: "Try again" and "Troubleshoot". Neither helps with the situation.

Thanks!

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#22 XE_Nerd

XE_Nerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR HD, HTC Rezound

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

I've never watched movies from google play.

#23 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

I know that nobe had some streaming video issues on one of his roms...I think it was with Youtube but maybe related??

#24 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:55 AM

YouTube works fine. Also, amazon instant video, via Dolphin browser and the Jetpack add on, works just fine. Seems like Google can't verify my device under cm11 possibly? I can make purchases via Google Play store, download the videos, download and install apps and run them, but I can't watch my Google Play movies, whether they are streamed or downloaded.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#25 basixs

basixs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

YouTube works fine. Also, amazon instant video, via Dolphin browser and the Jetpack add on, works just fine. Seems like Google can't verify my device under cm11 possibly? I can make purchases via Google Play store, download the videos, download and install apps and run them, but I can't watch my Google Play movies, whether they are streamed or downloaded.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Same here.  Error -12.  Correct running time is shown though, it just seems like it errors out trying to access the stream...

• ibolski likes this

#26 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:21 AM

Same here.  Error -12.  Correct running time is shown though, it just seems like it errors out trying to access the stream...

Yup, that's what I get. Error -12. I'd ask Google for help, but since I'm not running the stock OS, they'd probably just say "well, there you go. Go back to stock."

Forget that! At least I can stream it to my Chromecast, so no biggie. It would be nice to be able to watch on my phone or tablet if I'm away from my Chromecast.

Hopefully, it will get fixed. Not sure if it ever worked under CM11.

Wonder if it works under CM10?

2cqd4t2.png

#27 Guest_kinnelonfire75_*

Guest_kinnelonfire75_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

I've been out of it for a few days. Can anyone using the XT926 w/ kk bootloader let me know if they still have internal mic/speakerphone issues? That's the deal breaker for me because I need something stable while traveling, which I do a lot, but I would love to go back if it's resolved.

Thanks!

#28 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

I've been out of it for a few days. Can anyone using the XT926 w/ kk bootloader let me know if they still have internal mic/speakerphone issues? That's the deal breaker for me because I need something stable while traveling, which I do a lot, but I would love to go back if it's resolved.

Thanks!

I believe this is still an issue, although I don't use it to really know. But, from what I've read, it's still an issue across all KK ROMs for this phone.

2cqd4t2.png

#29 racer580

racer580

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:8
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD (xt926) unlocked

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

Thanks!

Running the 08/03 nightly and this issue happened again this morning when I tried to make a call as well as when the person I was calling tried to call me back. Its pretty sporadic in terms of when the mic does and doesn't work. I just made a call a few minutes ago and the mic worked no problems. Haven't tried speakerphone in a few nightlies though. I really do hope that this gets fixed soon though :/

#30 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:50 AM

We have to remember, CM11 is beta (some might say alpha) level quality at this point in time. They are working on it and each nightly fixes something. The WiFi issue might be something more deeply rooted in the AOSP source that doesn't work well with our phones, but it seems a lot of people on different devices are experiencing this issue (Wifi, battery, blue tooth, etc). The mic issue definitely seems to be something with the AOSP source in CM11 though since people don't seem to have this issue with stock KK.

2cqd4t2.png

#31 Guest_kinnelonfire75_*

Guest_kinnelonfire75_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

At this point I downgraded and am using the 8/3 JB nightly. It's great!

#32 Guest_kinnelonfire75_*

Guest_kinnelonfire75_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Here's my info: XT926, JB bootloader. 8/6 nightly. Everything's great. Two things I would like to improved, but haven't come up with my own solution. I noticed both of these issues because they were quite distracting to me while I was making my trek from CO to IA last night.

Both of these are based on the phone sitting in the vehicle dock:

1. When the screen is off, the LED flashes white. I figured out this occurs because the phone is in car mode, or so it says in the notification tray. When I disable car mode, by tapping the notification, the white LED stops blinking. What does car mode actually do? Is there a way to disable the white LED from flashing during car mode, but leave car mode enabled? 

2. I like to use the battery light notification to tell me when the phone is charged. I don't like knowing when the phone is charged while I am driving. Is there a way tell the phone to not notify me that it is charged while in the dock? 

#33 basixs

basixs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:38 AM

Here's my info: XT926, JB bootloader. 8/6 nightly. Everything's great. Two things I would like to improved, but haven't come up with my own solution. I noticed both of these issues because they were quite distracting to me while I was making my trek from CO to IA last night.

Both of these are based on the phone sitting in the vehicle dock:

1. When the screen is off, the LED flashes white. I figured out this occurs because the phone is in car mode, or so it says in the notification tray. When I disable car mode, by tapping the notification, the white LED stops blinking. What does car mode actually do? Is there a way to disable the white LED from flashing during car mode, but leave car mode enabled? 

2. I like to use the battery light notification to tell me when the phone is charged. I don't like knowing when the phone is charged while I am driving. Is there a way tell the phone to not notify me that it is charged while in the dock? 

I believe it just 'overrides' the home button to use whatever driving app is installed.  I have seen others state that it will read texts and such but I think that is more a function of the driving app.  Did you look under Display and Lights for anything LED related?

I use Light Manager to control the LED and I think it might be able to help with both of your problems:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I have heard others say that Light Flow is decent but I have yet to try it.

I just wanted to state that I was really worried about the the mic problem also but I have found that doesn't affect me as much as I thought it would.  It only seems to be affected by the activation of the speaker phone, using voice searching doesn't seem to trigger the issue at all.

It is quite a pain have to remember to reboot after using the speaker phone (which is terrible on CM11 anyway) but I use the Sound Recorder to periodically test and it has only gotten me once or twice in the last week.  When it does come up and I cannot reboot I just grab my headset and use that until I can, I also have a bluetooth car speaker which helps.  

#34 XE_Nerd

XE_Nerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

Here is a nightlies change list that I didn't know about until recently in case there is anyone else that didn't know.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#35 Playb3yond

Playb3yond

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

I have a strange issue where the play store is removed when updating the rom

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#36 XE_Nerd

XE_Nerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:31 AM

I have a strange issue where the play store is removed when updating the rom

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

When updating the ROM or freshly installing it?

#37 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:47 AM

Yup, that's what I get. Error -12. I'd ask Google for help, but since I'm not running the stock OS, they'd probably just say "well, there you go. Go back to stock."

Forget that! At least I can stream it to my Chromecast, so no biggie. It would be nice to be able to watch on my phone or tablet if I'm away from my Chromecast.

Hopefully, it will get fixed. Not sure if it ever worked under CM11.

Wonder if it works under CM10?

Error -12 here, too.

• ibolski likes this
Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#38 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:57 AM

Error -12 here, too.

Then it's definitely something with how CM10/CM11 is configured.

I have also noticed that if I go to the Google Play web page and tell it to push an install from the web page, that doesn't work at all. If I'm under stock, then I'll see it pushed to me.

2cqd4t2.png

#39 basixs

basixs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

I am getting random 403 errors when trying to do updates but I have not seen the error-12.  The only way I have found to fix the 403 errors is to use my computer to push the install/update to my phone, so that works fine here.... (Except for 1 trouble maker app ;-/)

#40 XE_Nerd

XE_Nerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

I have reverted back to 9.30.1 JB and can't be happier. My battery life more than doubled and I get better wifi and cell signal throughout my house. I'm now curious if ROMS for JB that run KK retain the bettery battery and signal performance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users