• 111 posts
  • LocationSparta, Tn.
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

I have xt926 rooted

trying to take the new update with Samuri's RSD lite

first did the unlock bootloader but may have failed

read all instructions and post about 10 times over

tried to use RSD to first go back to 183, which it said I needed before going to 4.4.2

using fastboot tried to load 183

now stuck in Ap Fastboot modeeven used the link to fix this but no good

on screen says device is locked status code 0

message at bottom

no valid piv block in SP for system

piv valadation failed (system)

fastboot reason : boot failure

any idea's I'm stummped

does this mean it's so called bricked?

Thanks guys for the help very much, been reading for hours all links with no results

Do it now you may not be able to later

#2 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,452 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

If you had bothered to give more information in the original thread you posted in asking for help, it'd be fixed by now.  You also never responded to the question I asked about whether you tried extracting the FXZ zip file manually and using the extracted FXZ with the RSD Flasher or not.  The issue you're having is very simple....you flashed something at some point that failed and that's why you're stuck in AP Fastboot mode with that fun little error.  The more information you give us, the easier it is for us to help you fix your problem.  The less information you give us, for example your first post about this problem, leaves us with nothing to go on at all as to the nature of your problem.  Fixing this problem is not difficult.  You have to have a successful flash of the 183 FXZ.  Whether you do it manually or through my tool makes little difference.  What does matter, however, are the following things:

o) Use a USB 2 port, NOT a USB 3 port

o) Use the OEM USB cable that came with your phone

o) Make sure your battery is fully charged

o) Make sure the latest drivers are installed properly

o) Make sure you're using RSD Lite 6.1.6, not some earlier version

o) Verify the MD5 hash of your FXZ zip file:  

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Your device is only showing locked right now because of the failed flash.  Fix that and you'll be "unlocked again".  (You're not really locked now, it's just what happens when you have a failed flash).  

Non potest esse nisi unus

#3 snowman

snowman

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSparta, Tn.

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

SamuriHL, first I cannot thank you enough for helping I tried to raed and re-read as described, I'm maybe not as sharp as some on this

maybe your confusing me with someone else, I don't remember a quetion from you so far other then this reply,

I double posted before and sorry my mistake.

all of you questions are a yes and I'm downloading now another file of the FXZ when I do so I''l extract and try to find the FXZ and load that with RSD 6.1.6

I thought the phone was trashed and went to Verizon to find out about another , not good news cannot get a XT926 any longer

Thanks man I really appreciate it I'll post when I download and let you know, one question when selecting the FXZ after extraction I look for the file ending in FXZ correct?

The link for downloads I want the last one correct it's only one marked 183    4.4.2

#4 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,452 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I was referring to that thread.

As for the file to select in RSD, no pick the xml file.  If you flash the FXZ's xml file, it will erase your data, however.  That's why I wrote the RSD Flasher program to allow keep data and universal options that will not erase your data.  In any case, flashing it manually with RSD is fine if you're not worried about losing data and just want to get your phone back up and running.  We can definitely fix this.

#5 snowman

snowman

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSparta, Tn.

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

Stupid questions but sorry I don't know

I don't see the keep data button anywhere in 6.1.6

also don't see a file ending in xml just .zip

even after extracting no xml file I think my download was wrong redownloading now to see about 15 more minutes

thanks again

#6 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,452 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

That's because the button isn't IN RSD.  It's in the program I wrote which is RSD Flasher.  It's an executable jar file.  In it, you tell it where you installed RSD Lite 6.1.6 to, then you tell it where your FXZ zip or xml is.  That's when you get FULL, KEEP DATA, and UNIVERSAL options.  This is explained quite clearly.  If you decide to just use RSD Lite by itself, then no, you won't have a keep data option.  You'll have just the option to flash the FXZ as downloaded.  In RSD Lite, you can also select the FXZ zip or xml.  If you select the zip it will extract it to a temp location.  Then you can flash it.

#7 snowman

snowman

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSparta, Tn.

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Thanks so much you did it!!  got it going, 

I think between me not knowing what the heck I'm doing at all and maybe had a corrupt download

I re-downloaded it per the last link and it worked lost all data but heck got my phone back, says android version 4.4.2 now instead of 4.1.2

Your the best thank You so VERY VERY much I really appreciate the help, I'm a learner in progress and appreciate your time.

still trying to figure out how to unlock bootloader and what the heck loading these Roms are all about I know I'll like it if I can figure it out.

Thanks for writing RSD it's an excellent tool

Bob

#8 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,452 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

Well for the record, I didn't write RSD, I wrote RSD Flasher which write scripts and calls RSD.

• snowman likes this

#9 jobless

jobless

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:34 AM

I did this and I am stuck on sending 'modem' <30720 KB>.

I couldn't install the 4.4.2 via the internal system update because it keeps failing. So I installed the newest 4.4.2 via the link and the HouseOfMoto, but it keeps going in loop and I am stuck with my phone stuck at Fastboot with flash failure.

I have tried redownloading all files and run it again. I am still stuck at sending 'modem' <30720 KB>

#10 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,452 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:45 AM

USB port/USB cable/USB driver problem.  

#11 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

also be sure the battery isn't low.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#12 jobless

jobless

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:00 AM

Sorry for asking so many questions. I switched out the wire and it seemed to help me get past that and now it is cycling between sending 'system' and writing 'system' it says that it is OKAY, but it is still cycling.

#13 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

Sorry for asking so many questions. I switched out the wire and it seemed to help me get past that and now it is cycling between sending 'system' and writing 'system' it says that it is OKAY, but it is still cycling.

System can take a while, be patient.  If it takes more than 30 minutes, then I would start to get worried.  Don't touch the phone during the process, you can seriously bork it if it disconnects during flashing.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#14 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,452 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

System is large so it takes a while and is sent in chunks.  Leave it alone.

#15 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,452 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:08 AM

System can take a while, be patient.  If it takes more than 30 minutes, then I would start to get worried.  Don't touch the phone during the process, you can seriously bork it if it disconnects during flashing.

Pffffftttttt.  :p

• RikRong likes this

#16 jobless

jobless

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

After I let it ran, it said it was complete, but my phone still reports boot failure. I tried to run HouseOfMoto again and it still occurred. 

#17 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,452 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:25 AM

And do you truly believe that's enough information for someone to actually help you?  "Boot failure"....ok?  Is it booting up to AP Fastboot?  If so, maybe the text of the AP Fastboot screen would be helpful.  Is it booting to the M and just hanging?  If so, did you try using the FULL option in House of Moto to wipe the data partition?  I mean, I can try and guess all day but it's a waste of everyone's time.

#18 jobless

jobless

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

I am so sorry. I really did not mean to waste any of your time. I decided to go the RSD route and it worked. Thank you so much for everyone's help. 

#19 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

You need to be a Clairvoyant Swami......maybe you should be SwamuriHL :)

• ibolski and transmissiontech like this

#20 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,452 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

As long as you got it to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users