Photo

Bricked - Blank Screen, No Boot Options, Just Black Screen (no text or graphics)

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#101 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:47 AM

They are exactly the same for Motorola

sent from my G3

Learn something new everyday =]

#102 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:57 AM

Out of curiosity, has anyone verified that by flashing a dev edition fxz to a non dev edition?  The only reason I ask is Motorola provides all dev edition fxz's on their site, so I always assumed [possibly incorrectly] that those fxz's were different than those for non-Dev devices.

WTF is a "dev edition FXZ"?  Can you point me to one of those cause that doesn't exist.  The FXZ is the FXZ is the FXZ.  There is no "consumer vs dev edition" FXZ.  It's like all the people who install a "soak" build and then 5 minutes later ask how they get the "official OTA" installed.  SMH

• RikRong likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#103 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:02 AM

WTF is a "dev edition FXZ"?  Can you point me to one of those cause that doesn't exist.  The FXZ is the FXZ is the FXZ.  There is no "consumer vs dev edition" FXZ.  It's like all the people who install a "soak" build and then 5 minutes later ask how they get the "official OTA" installed.  SMH

On Moto's site, if you have a dev edition, you can download the fxz for your device directly from Motorola.  You can not do this for non-dev devices, and due to that, I always assumed the dev edition fxz's Moto offers to dev edition owners was different than non-dev editions.  Although a rational assumption, I've just learned it was a wrong assumption.

#104 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:05 AM

As far as I know, Samsung is the only manf that the factory build files aren't the same between Dev and consumer.  Most of them supply them as a support tool for the models they sell as developer units.  However, Samsung can't because of the way they unlocked the device is odd and supplying them would give the consumer the ability to change their device to a Dev.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#105 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:11 AM

On Moto's site, if you have a dev edition, you can download the fxz for your device directly from Motorola.  You can not do this for non-dev devices, and due to that, I always assumed the dev edition fxz's Moto offers to dev edition owners was different than non-dev editions.  Although a rational assumption, I've just learned it was a wrong assumption.

Those FXZ's that Moto provides for unlocked users (not just dev editions but I suppose if all you know is VZW then I guess that's probably all you know) are the exact same files bit for bit that are leaked by Skrillax_CZ and others.  Moto just chooses not to provide them to non-unlockable device users.  That's the only difference.

#106 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

As far as I know, Samsung is the only manf that the factory build files aren't the same between Dev and consumer.  Most of them supply them as a support tool for the models they sell as developer units.  However, Samsung can't because of the way they unlocked the device is odd and supplying them would give the consumer the ability to change their device to a Dev.

Also not true.  The ODIN image for consumer and dev editions are identical.  What sets them apart is a process done at the end of a dev edition upgrade to re-unlock it.  It involves flashing a customized version of aboot that's modified with a certificate generated from information specific to the device.  That's the only difference there.  

#107 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:25 AM

Also not true.  The ODIN image for consumer and dev editions are identical.  What sets them apart is a process done at the end of a dev edition upgrade to re-unlock it.  It involves flashing a customized version of aboot that's modified with a certificate generated from information specific to the device.  That's the only difference there.  

aboot is included in the odin package, so the "package" is not the same :)  But yeah, regardless, good luck getting the dev aboot from Samsung.....

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#108 2405cwc

2405cwc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:54 AM

my xt926 is unlocked so it can be the file

#109 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:58 AM

aboot is included in the odin package, so the "package" is not the same :)  But yeah, regardless, good luck getting the dev aboot from Samsung.....

No you misunderstand.  Aboot from DE and consumer are identical.  They take the aboot from the ODIN image and append a signed certificate to it that's generated using information from the specific device.  Which is why they can't do upgrades of DE devices....they're obviously not going to create signed aboot files for every person with a DE.  IOW, if a consumer edition phone were to generate that signed certificate and append it to the aboot file, they would indeed unlock their phone.  ;)

#110 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:07 AM

jw, I sent you a pm.

#111 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:16 PM

Just came across this thread after searching for a way to revive an XT926M "QHSUSB_DLOAD" phone I now have on my hands.  Think it has bad memory anyway that initially corrupted the original software but should the data we need ever get leaked (or other solutions) I assume details would be posted here... I'd want to be in on that!  Thanks to all the research and digging that has already been done, even if it hasn't led to a solution yet.

#112 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:34 PM

I want you to answer this question honestly.  It's not meant to insult, but, there is a reason I'm asking it.  How technically competent are you?  Running a script is one thing...that's not what this would entail.  This process would be much, MUCH more difficult with no set script to follow.  Is that something you'd be capable of?  Again, answer honestly because the process is not for the faint of heart. 

#113 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

Fair question. I'll respond with this... If I had found details on JTAG points and what files to flash I'd be trying that route. I'm comfortable using both fastboot and adb. There is much I don't know about Android and the hardware but much I have learned and am willing to try. Plus, with a bricked board what have I got to lose? :)
  • soocold likes this

#114 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

I'll pm you a link to the file you need to attempt the instructions discussed in this thread.  Please don't share them with anyone else without talking to me first.  I'd like to keep track of your progress either in this thread or in the PM.

• jw0914, soocold and RikRong like this

#115 Chahta

Chahta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Twitter:toph4er
  • Current Device(s):Droid X

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:34 PM

Did you have any success?  I'm staring at a freshly bootloader bricked xt926

#116 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:36 PM

No luck yet. The files SamuriHL set me up with gave no joy. I suspect the hex file is OK but the bin file isn't right for the XT926 as the flash is "successful" but fastboot doesn't load up. I spent a good bit of time yesterday investigating the structure of the bin and trying to figure out how to build a fresh one out of known compatible files. Sick today and couldn't work on it much less anything else. I want to get this thing figured out tho. I think I'm close and would hate to give up now. Props to SamuriHL to being a great asset in my quest for this!
  • jw0914, SamuriHL, soocold and 3 others like this

#117 shawnsingh100

shawnsingh100

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

No luck yet. The files SamuriHL set me up with gave no joy. I suspect the hex file is OK but the bin file isn't right for the XT926 as the flash is "successful" but fastboot doesn't load up. I spent a good bit of time yesterday investigating the structure of the bin and trying to figure out how to build a fresh one out of known compatible files. Sick today and couldn't work on it much less anything else. I want to get this thing figured out tho. I think I'm close and would hate to give up now. Props to SamuriHL to being a great asset in my quest for this!

So is there anyway to fix a hardbricked droid razr m xt907 because i want it working again.

#118 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:45 PM

So is there anyway to fix a hardbricked droid razr m xt907 because i want it working again.

Maybe.  How technical a user are you?  Be honest cause there's no hand holding whatsoever here.  If I provide the files, your responsibility would be to learn how to use them without asking me 100 questions.

#119 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:41 PM

Crap, is 100 the max? I'm eating into the quota quick... :)

#120 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:35 AM

Update... good news and bad news.

Good news, I've made a lot of progress in understanding both how qflash and the MPRG8960.hex work together and how the "singleimage" bin is constructed.  I think I'm close to having something.  Maybe less than ideal, but I would hope functional.

Bad news, I think I've killed my device's memory.  Without any way to monitor the battery state I think I pushed a flash to the phone while the battery was too low.  I believe it died mid flash and hosed the eMMC drive.  Qflash now will not write more than 393216 bytes to my phone without the ram downloader (the hex file is a program sent to the phone and launched from memory to allow the flash download) failing to communicate.  This limit I've now got is probably smaller than anything that would be useful to flash, certainly smaller than the potential Qualcomm bootloader that I wasn't able to try or any Motorola bootloader.  Unless there is some way to manipulate the eMMC flash memory itself into either fixing those blocks or otherwise marking them bad so they will be written around I believe my phone is dead for good.

So for now this project is on hiatus for me.  :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users