Photo

Bricked - Blank Screen, No Boot Options, Just Black Screen (no text or graphics)

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#121 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

Good to see the progress you've made on this.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#122 shawnsingh100

shawnsingh100

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:59 PM

Maybe.  How technical a user are you?  Be honest cause there's no hand holding whatsoever here.  If I provide the files, your responsibility would be to learn how to use them without asking me 100 questions.

I am technically good and i have done so much research on this phone for the past 3 months.  I have fixed many hard bricked devices so i kinda know how to revive the bootloader and i can toy  around with it tell i get it up and running again.  Sorry for not responding for a while. I will P.M. and my Razr M was unlocked before the device had got into a hardbrick. I also wont ask 100s of questions and thanks for taking the interest to respond back.

THIS IS THE LINK TO THE FORUM WHICH I MADE:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#123 papa_arhin

papa_arhin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

hello I have been following this post for almost three hours now and am also having the same problem with my xt926, it can't boot up and the screen is blank, no text, no graphics no nothing with the exception of my pc recognizing it as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" and I have tried using the qflash.exe via command line to flash the bootloader but have errors at the end and it seems not to flash anything at all....anyone kindly please help me out

#124 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:26 PM

hello I have been following this post for almost three hours now and am also having the same problem with my xt926, it can't boot up and the screen is blank, no text, no graphics no nothing with the exception of my pc recognizing it as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" and I have tried using the qflash.exe via command line to flash the bootloader but have errors at the end and it seems not to flash anything at all....anyone kindly please help me out

If you're getting that as your device, its permanently bricked at this point in time. Sam has some tools that can potentially fix it, but there has been little (or no?) Success thus far.

Sent from my RAZR M from Tapatalk Pro.

Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#125 papa_arhin

papa_arhin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

oh okay thanks but I have been reading through so many posts and have been coming across something like "factory cable" or so and they say that it can allow me to get into fastboot mode even if I don't have the battery installed and how true is that if you have by any chance heard of it too

#126 N1smo

N1smo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

I believe there is nothing that can be done to revive the Droid RAZR HD. I ended up buying a motherboard from eBay to fixed mine. Still have the bricked motherboard sitting here to remind me to pay attention when flashing files. I flashed the wrong ROM in one of my late night flashing sprees.

oh okay thanks but I have been reading through so many posts and have been coming across something like "factory cable" or so and they say that it can allow me to get into fastboot mode even if I don't have the battery installed and how true is that if you have by any chance heard of it too

#127 papa_arhin

papa_arhin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:47 PM

I believe there is nothing that can be done to revive the Droid RAZR HD. I ended up buying a motherboard from eBay to fixed mine. Still have the bricked motherboard sitting here to remind me to pay attention when flashing files. I flashed the wrong ROM in one of my late night flashing sprees.

wow!! so that means there is nothing that I can do about the phone again? OMG

#128 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

There is work being done in this thread:

For the RAZR M.  But to my knowledge, no one has successfully recovered a hard bricked M or HD at this point.  To say I "have tools that can potentially fix it" is quite inaccurate.  I have a single file that I'm not posting publicly that may assist those who are quite technically inclined.  So far, however, no one's been successful in using it.  

• RikRong likes this

#129 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

Regarding the factory cable, I haven't confirmed if it will put a "good" phone into fastboot. It will though allow you to flash a phone that is in fastboot without having to worry about the battery state as it will provide powers to the phone during the operation. It is believed to be a safe way to attempt a qflash recovery for the same reason. I should be receiving the adapter I recently ordered soon, check this thread for a review:

[Product-Review]-Motorola-Factory-Adapter--The-Motorola-Savior#entry138371 I added the updated link later in the thread.

As far as the unbricking goes, we're still trying to find/build an image (binary) that can be flashed to the xt926 via qflash. I've got a good understanding of what the image should contain but I think my device may have physical problems at this point so work on my end has halted.

#130 papa_arhin

papa_arhin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:02 PM

There is work being done in this thread:

For the RAZR M.  But to my knowledge, no one has successfully recovered a hard bricked M or HD at this point.  To say I "have tools that can potentially fix it" is quite inaccurate.  I have a single file that I'm not posting publicly that may assist those who are quite technically inclined.  So far, however, no one's been successful in using it.  

how about me also trying to see the outcome of your file? who knows it could yield a better results this time than the others...thanks

#131 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:18 PM

I don't think you understand.  This isn't some "try the file" kind of process.  You people really want to play with this stuff?  Fine.  But I have rules.

1.  DO NOT PM me about this stuff.  Period.

2. See rule number 1.

3. You're on your own.  Here's the missing file you need to, in theory, make this work.  It doesn't contain qflash.  It doesn't contain the bin image you need.  It contains exactly ONE file.  See rule number 1 about asking me what to do with this file.  

4.  Whatever you do is at your own risk.  This file is provided simply because I'm tired of people asking for it.  Go ahead, be my guest.  Just don't ask me for help using it and I take no responsibility whatsoever for what you end up doing with it.  It's NOT made for your HD or M.

5. This is almost as important as rule 1....almost.  If you do manage to do all the legwork and make this process work, I have an expectation that you post the entire process for others to follow.

6. See rule number 1.

• Pow_2k likes this

#132 papa_arhin

papa_arhin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

I don't think you understand.  This isn't some "try the file" kind of process.  You people really want to play with this stuff?  Fine.  But I have rules.

1.  DO NOT PM me about this stuff.  Period.

2. See rule number 1.

3. You're on your own.  Here's the missing file you need to, in theory, make this work.  It doesn't contain qflash.  It doesn't contain the bin image you need.  It contains exactly ONE file.  See rule number 1 about asking me what to do with this file.  

4.  Whatever you do is at your own risk.  This file is provided simply because I'm tired of people asking for it.  Go ahead, be my guest.  Just don't ask me for help using it and I take no responsibility whatsoever for what you end up doing with it.  It's NOT made for your HD or M.

5. This is almost as important as rule 1....almost.  If you do manage to do all the legwork and make this process work, I have an expectation that you post the entire process for others to follow.

6. See rule number 1.

wow!! after seeing and reading all the rules governing your file, I'm pretty sure that I don't want the file anymore because am even scared and I think putting my bricked phone away will be the best option now anyway thanks for your honesty and help I really appreciate it alot thanks

#133 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

The rules are simply there to protect my sanity.  It's not some one click thing where you hook up your phone, run a batch file, and all is fixed.  It's an INCREDIBLY difficult process that I personally have never done, more or less understand the basics of, and am not willing to help people with because of the complexity of it.  That's why I chose people in the community to give the file to that have the technical background to make use of it.  We're not talking about flashing an FXZ here.....that's child's play compared to this and people still mess that up...a lot.  This involves taking files from an FXZ, copying them in the proper order (based on the partition table) into a single bin file, installing qflash so that it works on windows and recognizes your qhdload device, and then running a qflash command that may or may not get you back into AP Fastboot mode.  Once that happens, you pray that you can then flash the FXZ using RSD Lite or motofastboot.  I have zero time or patience to help people with such a process due to the enormous amount of possibilities for it going wrong.  Hence my rules as I really don't want people asking me 100 questions about it.  For one, since I've never done it, it's unlikely I'd know the answer.  For another, I just don't have the time right now to support this.

• jw0914, soocold, RikRong and 2 others like this

#134 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

UPDATE!!!!!

OK I need some consulting with @SamuriHL before going through this..

I did some soul searching withing many forums to come up with a way to revive a xt926, and possibly a xt907 as well.

Now I am trying this through my Linux partition, which is probably why it is failing. I have Win8 on my other half, but I think for this purpose I will be using Win XP since Win8 is still too new for me.. Attached for review for you SamuriHL is a dmeg log and a nice screenshot of the terminals out put of "lsusb" My question is that is my old Motherboard in DL mode or in a completely different state..

>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<

Screenshot%20from%202014-12-26%2012%3A02

new_animated_sig.gif

#135 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:35 AM

I wasn't kidding when I said I have no idea about this process and not going to support it.  I have no idea on that.

• nobe1976 likes this

#136 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

As SamuriHL has put the file out there (assuming it is the .hex file that is in the zip) I'll see if I can further collect my knowledge for a post here. But, it would be provided as-is, unproven, and probably along the same rules as SamuriHL laid down. I'll try to get this out this weekend.

Nobe1976, I'll also look at my xt926 under Linux and see how it compares to your screenshot. I've been using Windows for my flashing attempts tho.
  • SamuriHL and nobe1976 like this

#137 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:07 PM

As SamuriHL has put the file out there (assuming it is the .hex file that is in the zip) I'll see if I can further collect my knowledge for a post here. But, it would be provided as-is, unproven, and probably along the same rules as SamuriHL laid down. I'll try to get this out this weekend.

Nobe1976, I'll also look at my xt926 under Linux and see how it compares to your screenshot. I've been using Windows for my flashing attempts tho.

If your xt926 is in that state and it is recoginized in device manager under the com port. Then I might need you to try something for me.. My Mother board for some reason isn't being recoginized the same way as it is doing in linux. Windows recognizes it just as a USB connection and thats it.. I have a package all put together to be flashed under DL mode, but need to confirm that it works. You Game.. 

new_animated_sig.gif

#138 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:16 PM

I wasn't kidding when I said I have no idea about this process and not going to support it.  I have no idea on that.

And when there is a Will There is always a Way..... :nos

new_animated_sig.gif

#139 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:18 PM

Hmmm, I'm not entirely sure that hooking it up to a NOS tank will solve the problem.  I could be wrong though.  LMAO

#140 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

Found a hard bricked HD on eBay for $35, might have to buy it just for the fun of it and give this a go. I like a good puzzle. And if I solve it, I get a slightly upgraded phone... 😉

Along the same lines... Found a soft bricked RAZR M for $40 that just needs RSDd... No wonder flipping devices is such a big business.

Sent from my RAZR M on BlissPop Lollipop 5.0.2 from Tapatalk

Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users