83 replies to this topic

#21 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

ok, so should i back up everything using backup pro to my external SD?

would be a good idea

Yep, and I also recommend backing up internal sdcard to your PC if you want to keep whatever's on it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#22 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

ok, for some reason. im super nervous about this right now. lol im gonna lose all my settings and everything correct?

Yep...
Don't worry, we've all been there...again and again, lol...it doesn't get any less nerve wracking either, lol!

• Digital Cha0s likes this

#23 Moose1988

Moose1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

FML... :( i hate losing everything. lol is backing up the internal just like backing up the external?

im starting to think maybe its not worth it? lol

#24 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

FML... i hate losing everything. lol is backing up the internal just like backing up the external?

im starting to think maybe its not worth it? lol

quit yer whining, lol j/k it's definitely worth it...if you do your backup & restores correctly there's very little setup left, lol...trust me, I screwed up my root when I first updated too...besides, this is an early leak...so chances are, we'll all be starting fresh again anyway...

Backing up internal is to say copy everything from your internal to your PC, and then later you can copy it back lol

#25 Moose1988

Moose1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

haha fair enough. im backing up everything right now. im not sure if backup pro backs up from both the internal AND external, but im letting it run, then ill copy the internal to my pc... and start the wipe and reinstall process..

thing is, im doing all this so i can Root, so i can use the JB USB Mass Storage APK as it requires root, so i can use Media Sync programs to sync my itunes playlists.. lol they worked fine before when i was on ICS.. but now they dont and im super OCD when it comes to my music and organization. ok.. done ratning and back on topic. :rolleyes:

EDIT: hell.. i AM a noob. lol those wipe warnings were because i was getting errors and it wasnt even running. wasnt even noticing them. i unistalled the driver updates, reinstalled. now its working..

#26 DevilMike

DevilMike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hi, all. First post. Just rooted my new Maxx HD. RootCheck confirms I have access. All I want to do is delete the bloatware and have my full iTunes library available. Where to go from here to make that happen? Any help appreciated.

#27 Moose1988

Moose1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Was just going through all of that myself. Using doubletwist to sync all my iTunes playlists and music to my phone. Free and simple.

#28 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

ok, for some reason. im super nervous about this right now. lol im gonna lose all my settings and everything correct?

Just a suggestion read read and read some more. Understand what you are doing understand the lingo that u see.

The best way to remove bloat is , first use a backup utility and make sure you backup all user and system apps. Then download root explorer on the play store. Go into /System/apps find the appsu don't want and rename it like this>>> help.apk.bak . Also rename the odex counterpart to it as well , if it has one. Sometimes apps are in /data/app too. The biggest thing is make sure you know what your deleting or renaming. Also if you rename the wrong system app you will bootloop ! So make sure you understand how to use RSDLite or Matt's utility. Or I can just give you a script to run to debloat it with a few clicks :)

#29 Moose1988

Moose1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for the advice. :) I reflashed back to ics after installing the JB leak as I couldnt use mass storage mode anymore, And used Matts utility.

After doing everything that was needed for that, I think I realized rooting and everything just isn't for me. Lol

Although, if JB still doesn't have mass storage mode, I'll be waiting for a JB root. Lol

#30 DevilMike

DevilMike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

Was just going through all of that myself. Using doubletwist to sync all my iTunes playlists and music to my phone. Free and simple.

It might be free, but it wasn't simple. I tried messing around with DoubleTwist on my last phone and was less than pleased with it. This time, I got the music to copy over, but the playlists themselves don't display under the app's playlist tab.

#31 Moose1988

Moose1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

What music player are you using? I'm using poweramp and it synced over all my playlists and they show up.

There is also isyncr and Salling media sync which I used for years but recently switched to doubletwist.

#32 DevilMike

DevilMike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

What music player are you using? I'm using poweramp and it synced over all my playlists and they show up.

There is also isyncr and Salling media sync which I used for years but recently switched to doubletwist.

I'm using DoubleTwist and just making the best of it. I must be behind the curve because I feel like I bought too much phone and I don't know what else to do with it.

#33 Dr0idDR

Dr0idDR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

I believe the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

is down. :wacko:

#34 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

I believe the

is down.

It would appear so...I will get a link up in a little bit :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

#35 Dr0idDR

Dr0idDR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

It would appear so...I will get a link up in a little bit :)

Bows lowly to authority. ;)
Thanks

#36 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Bows lowly to authority. ;)
Thanks

haha no bowing here, just trying to help out, my friend :)

here's a mirror to the

#37 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Man, I can't wait to root... should've passed on that soak test.

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#38 Moose1988

Moose1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

Got my JB update last night. Still no mass storage mode. So I'll be waiting for a root for JB. :(

#39 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

No one attempted Root Keeper?
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#40 karatche

karatche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

If I take the update that was downloaded to my device last night will I loose the ability to get root on the razr hd maxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users