{ICS only}How To Root Your Hd [Xt926]

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

Yes, you cannot root JB on the HD. You have to flash back to ICS, root, protect root, then reupdate to JB.

#62 rancilmaz

rancilmaz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationStrasburg, Colorado
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx HD

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

I really need some help. I have been pouring over the posts to root my phone and I am now more confused than ever. What I do know and is also about the extent of what I know is I have a droid razr maxx HD system version 9.1941.XT926. My phone came with this OS pre-installed.

I believe I should be using the root files included in motofail2go.zip, but at this point I am not sure and after trying it several times I am at a dead end. I think the problem may be with pressing the vol up and power buttons together to trigger a bug report. I have pressed the buttons until my fingers are sore LOL. I don't see a message or any other indicator that it has triggered a bug report.

Hopefully, someone will be able to allow me to keep what hair I have left and help. Thank-you in advance and any help will be appreciated. .

Rancilmaz

Here is the screen minus the last press any key.:

[*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the latest Motorola drivers installed, and that your phone
[*] is connected via USB.
[*]
[*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
[*] Installing fake package...
5990 KB/s (564403 bytes in 0.092s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Sudoku.apk
Success
[*] Preparing for exploit...
5459 KB/s (22364 bytes in 0.004s)
5883 KB/s (843503 bytes in 0.140s)
6354 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.287s)
5700 KB/s (64208 bytes in 0.011s)
[*] Please trigger a bugreport on your phone by pressing
[*] Volume Up + Power simultaneously. If successful, your device
[*] will vibrate. Make sure this vibration is distinct from the
[*] vibration that occurs when you turn the volume all the way
[*] down. Press enter once you have successfully triggered a
[*] bugreport.
[*] Getting root...
[*] This may take a minute or two.
[-] Exploit failed.
[*] Cleaning up...
Success
[*] Exploit complete!
[*] Press any key to reboot and exit.

#63 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

It looks like you are running jellybean. To root the HD you have to fastboot back to ICS. Root with this tool, protect root, then take the jellybean update. Let us know if you need help finding all the info.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#64 hazard0707

hazard0707

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

It looks like you are running jellybean. To root the HD you have to fastboot back to ICS. Root with this tool, protect root, then take the jellybean update. Let us know if you need help finding all the info.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I found a laundry list of what do to in what order but no links to any of the files i.e. the utility to 1.10 to downgrade or the voodoo ota and instructions on how to "Temp unflash/re-flash" while applying certain updates. I am not a very advanced user but I am trying my damnedest without spamming/bothering too many people.

#65 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

I found a laundry list of what do to in what order but no links to any of the files i.e. the utility to 1.10 to downgrade or the voodoo ota and instructions on how to "Temp unflash/re-flash" while applying certain updates. I am not a very advanced user but I am trying my damnedest without spamming/bothering too many people.

In our downloads section:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The utility will help you flash back to ICS, Will install Voodoo rootkeeper app. Open Voodoo app and there are check boxes for temp unroot.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#66 hazard0707

hazard0707

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

thank you memnoch

#67 hazard0707

hazard0707

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

In our downloads section:

The utility will help you flash back to ICS, Will install Voodoo rootkeeper app. Open Voodoo app and there are check boxes for temp unroot.

One last thing I am nearing the completion of my goal. I have my device rooted I just need to know how to properly temp unroot the device and need to know how to install the .zip files i retrieved from another forum post and then re-root back into JB using safestrap and twrp. I keep getting an error "Status 6" when trying to flash the ROM to update....

I have Blur_version.0.6.25 and delta-ota-Blur_Verizon0.7.2-9.1.41.XT926

Just trying not to brick so I don't bug you guys more xD

UPDATE: I was able to flash blur_version.0.6.25 but am receiving an error with delta. Any ideas?

#68 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

I really need some help. I have been pouring over the posts to root my phone and I am now more confused than ever. What I do know and is also about the extent of what I know is I have a droid razr maxx HD system version 9.1941.XT926. My phone came with this OS pre-installed.

I believe I should be using the root files included in motofail2go.zip, but at this point I am not sure and after trying it several times I am at a dead end. I think the problem may be with pressing the vol up and power buttons together to trigger a bug report. I have pressed the buttons until my fingers are sore LOL. I don't see a message or any other indicator that it has triggered a bug report.

Hopefully, someone will be able to allow me to keep what hair I have left and help. Thank-you in advance and any help will be appreciated. .

Rancilmaz

Here is the screen minus the last press any key.:

[*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the latest Motorola drivers installed, and that your phone
[*] is connected via USB.
[*]
[*] Press enter to root your phone...
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
[*] Installing fake package...
5990 KB/s (564403 bytes in 0.092s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Sudoku.apk
Success
[*] Preparing for exploit...
5459 KB/s (22364 bytes in 0.004s)
5883 KB/s (843503 bytes in 0.140s)
6354 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.287s)
5700 KB/s (64208 bytes in 0.011s)
[*] Please trigger a bugreport on your phone by pressing
[*] Volume Up + Power simultaneously. If successful, your device
[*] will vibrate. Make sure this vibration is distinct from the
[*] vibration that occurs when you turn the volume all the way
[*] down. Press enter once you have successfully triggered a
[*] bugreport.
[*] Getting root...
[*] This may take a minute or two.
[-] Exploit failed.
[*] Cleaning up...
Success
[*] Exploit complete!
[*] Press any key to reboot and exit.

I get the same error message.. just got the phone 3 days ago it came with the first update .26... it wouldn't root.. updated to .72... nothing... I do have USB debugging enabled since 1st try... used Matt's tool 1.10 to flash back to stock. Tried again and still fails too root... help PLEASE

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#69 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

I get the same error message.. just got the phone 3 days ago it came with the first update .26... it wouldn't root.. updated to .72... nothing... I do have USB debugging enabled since 1st try... used Matt's tool 1.10 to flash back to stock. Tried again and still fails too root... help PLEASE

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Looks like you are still on JB. You need to go to ICS 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software) in order to root

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#70 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Looks like you are still on JB. You need to go to ICS 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software) in order to root

i wasnt on j.b it came with stock

#71 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

i wasnt on j.b it came with stock

What is the software version you are currently on??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#72 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

What is the software version you are currently on??

now just now im on j.b i upgraded all the way after i tried many times on stock with/o luck... i just wanted to be on j.b already so ill RSD Lite back to stock and try one more time

#73 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

So i flashed back using matt's tool now i'm on 0.6.25.XT926.Verizon.en.US and tried rooting with the tool enabling USB Debugging and unknown sources checked/and unchecked... no freaking luck :((... maybe verizon patched the rooting the last few days, i just got the phone from the main verizon store in my city and i was surprised it came with 0.6.25 and not JellyBean which is what they had on display.. they last thing i can think of i Matt's utility's last version has a bug during the rooting process unless some one can confirm it's working lol i don't know i got 10 more days till the trial period is over with this phone

#74 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

So far i have flashed all the way back... fallowed the op instructions from heat to toes and its still fails.. now im wondering if i can return the phone after flashing back to stock with matts utility... never got root so does anyone know if they can tell that i flashed back?

#75 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

I rsd lite back to stock and still fails... whats weird is that im able to flash back and install voodu but not root..

#76 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Google+:dru21281
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Droid X, Razr, HTC Rezound

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

I rsd lite back to stock and still fails... whats weird is that im able to flash back and install voodu but not root..

Start completely over no matter what version you are on. Make sure you are in AP Fastboot mode prior to connecting the phone to the computer for the first step and that the drivers installed correctly. It will say usb connected on the phone under status in AP FB mode. So once you complete step one in the Utility, Fastboot Restore, disconnect your phone from the computer and make sure you go into settings, storage and choose Erase SD Card so its formatted for the HD and ready to use. I'm guessing there may be a problem with your microsd and that is why it is failing after the bug report. You do have one installed right...? If not you need to have a sd card installed to root. Then also go to developer options to make sure usb debug. is checked and in security check unknown sources. While doing all this make sure you do not let it update to 0.6.25! You can set up your phone here, but I never do to save time... DO NOT try to install any third party apps yet like root keeper, rom toolbox, busybox etc. Last thing to check is to go to storage under setting, click menu, upper right of screen (3 vertical dots) USB Computer Connection. Make sure the first choice is checked (Media device(MTP). Reboot your phone.

Once your phone has rebooted, reconnect it to the computer and start the utility and you can root, step 2. When it asks you to trigger a bug report by pressing Vol. UP and Power at the same time, it will vibrate right away and then after about 4-5 secs it will vibrate again letting you know the bug report is successful. Make sure you wait for it to complete, and after the second vibrate hit enter in the utility to continue... The bug report is put on your microSD, so make sure not to change any settings while rooting or do anything else with the phone. Once complete and rebooted, you can then install root keeper, I do it from G.Play directly and not by the utility. Make sure your binaries are updated in SU first, depending on which ver. or the Matt's Utility you used to root. Protect root in Voodo, then temp unroot. Update to 0.6.25 under settings, about phone, system updates. It will reboot and update, once back on go to root keeper and restore root to make sure everything is good. Temp. unroot again and update... So On... Once on JB and root is restored in Root Keeper, install safestrap 3.12 from your sd card. Open SS, click to install SS. Once done power off and on, SS menu will appear after the M boot logo.

Let us know how it goes, because if this doesn't work im not sure what could be going on. I have done this a couple days ago so I know it still works. Only other thing that could be the problem is your USB Cable or drivers. Make sure the drivers are correctly installed.

#77 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

So you can go back to ICS after updating to the JB leak wiht this phone??
Posted Image

#78 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Google+:dru21281
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Droid X, Razr, HTC Rezound

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

So you can go back to ICS after updating to the JB leak wiht this phone??

Yes, I have done it many many times, including a couple of days ago.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#79 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

DDX or ???, you may want to update the OP to reflect today's update. If you have flashed the 9.16.6 update to 4.1.2, you can no longer use this method.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#80 waggy

waggy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

DDX or ???, you may want to update the OP to reflect today's update. If you have flashed the 9.16.6 update to 4.1.2, you can no longer use this method.

That would have been helpful for me at the start.  Long time android fan, first time rooting, I thought I would get into the world of rooting with my new phone upgrade, but it came with 9.16.6 preloaded.  I couldn't figure out for the life of me what my options were (and for a while it looked like I wouldn't be able to root), but I eventually found this link right before I was about to give up:

I suppose I learned a lot about rooting along the way, but having this link up front would have saved a lot of headaches and frustration.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users