Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Did you trigger the bug report? You are on 4.1.1 now not 4.0.4 correct?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#142 BIrONIC

BIrONIC

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Did you trigger the bug report? You are on 4.1.1 now not 4.0.4 correct?

bug report = yes (I know this because I used this same tool to successfully root it prior to allowing the 0.7.2 update)

version? = 4.0.4 (with 9.1.41 / JB waiting to download. I could just go ahead and download and install JB too, but I figured I better get this worked out while I'm still on ICS).

#143 BIrONIC

BIrONIC

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

Success!
I managed to get it rooted again. :-)

Now for the part where I'm probably an idiot...

After the above posts when I was trying to get rerooted after the 0.7.2 update, I decided to actually check out the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper app that I had installed previously from this Utility (doh!). At first, even though I selected to restore root, it appeared as though nothing happened. However, once I reran the Utility after that, the motofail2go in the Utility worked.

So, I get it....sort of.....but I'm not sure.
I thought it actually restored root, but this looks like it is more of a 'helper' app that 'paves the way' for the exploit to work properly.
What exactly does Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper do?
....well, I don't really mean "exactly" :lol: but you know...

#144 BIrONIC

BIrONIC

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

Success!
I managed to get it rooted again. :-)

Now for the part where I'm probably an idiot...

After the above posts when I was trying to get rerooted after the 0.7.2 update, I decided to actually check out the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper app that I had installed previously from this Utility (doh!). At first, even though I selected to restore root, it appeared as though nothing happened. However, once I reran the Utility after that, the motofail2go in the Utility worked.

So, I get it....sort of.....but I'm not sure.
I thought it actually restored root, but this looks like it is more of a 'helper' app that 'paves the way' for the exploit to work properly.
What exactly does Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper do?
....well, I don't really mean "exactly" :lol: but you know...

Intersting note: After I allowed the JB (4.1.1) update, it (of course) lost root, but this time, I was able to simply use Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper to restore root (which, by itself, did not work when I tried it after the 0.7.2 update), and did not need to also re-root with the Utility/motofail2go.

So, does it work differently, depending on what version the phone is on, or was that just a glitch?

#145 thedaniel

thedaniel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):motorola photon, razr, razr maxx hd

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

It didn't work for me :(

#146 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Iy I want to change data setting in a rom slot I would fir instance go into stock slot then press the slot I want to delet and it would be like starting from new I could reset howmuch Data I wanted to use correct.

#147 aggi

aggi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationmichigan
  • Current Device(s):motorola razr maxx hd

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

matt, my ,motorola hd maxx has JB on it and ever since the update the hdmi doesnt work right.anything i can do before i try to go back to ICS?

#148 aggi

aggi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationmichigan
  • Current Device(s):motorola razr maxx hd

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

anyone knows how to fix the hdmi on my razr hd?

#149 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

matt, my ,motorola hd maxx has JB on it and ever since the update the hdmi doesnt work right.anything i can do before i try to go back to ICS?

it could have been a glitch in the JB update..... i would use the utility and go back to stock ICS... then if you choose to, re-root, preserve root with Voodoo, re-do the JB update.... etc etc

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#150 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Goodmorning gentelman. I have a upgrade next month looking real hard at the maxx hd I have a bionic now. Here comes a few questions if I use matt's 1.10 and if the hd has not been upgraded to JB I will be doing 2,3,4,?? yes now do I wont to go ahead and let it install SS 3.05 and then go back and unstall 3.05 and install the new SS 3.12 or just do 2,3 and get out and install 3.12 myself?? or is there something else I should be doing? Thank you

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#151 hazard0707

hazard0707

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

I have been working at rooting my device fora bout 6 hours so bear with me here heh.
I have used the tool to revert back to ICS and I have a copy of JB and the ICS intermittent update.
How do I flash these two files to finish my project to be rooted in JB? I have Safestrap and Voodoo on the phone.

#152 ungawatkt

ungawatkt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Hey all,

I flashed from 4.1.1 back to ICS 4.0.4, and I can succssfully root. However, when I try to do the 0.7.2.en.US (6MB) update, it gives the the error: An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later.

root is protected and disabled using voodoo

Any ideas?

#153 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hey all,

I flashed from 4.1.1 back to ICS 4.0.4, and I can succssfully root. However, when I try to do the 0.7.2.en.US (6MB) update, it gives the the error: An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later.

root is protected and disabled using voodoo

Any ideas?

Everybody is having trouble with that. Let me find you the links to manually download the side load.

#154 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Post 48 in this thread.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Unable to download system update

#155 snowman

snowman

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSparta, Tn.
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Wow I tried like 30 times no luck followed directions to a t I give up

do ya think there will ever be a script to just get root with JB like on the old D4 not having to go back to ICS
Do it now you may not be able to later

#156 ungawatkt

ungawatkt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

@tmyinc

That was it, thank you. I had to manually flash the 0.7.2 and 9.1.41, but I'm up and running on JB. No root though :/ I'll try again later I suppose

#157 snowman

snowman

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSparta, Tn.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Ok lets start this again

first I have a Razr Maxx HD I see lots of the files to download all the way from version 1.10 now uo to 1.82 most by matt and thanks for your work I'm sure it is quite involved.
I have rooted a D4 but that was simple , I'm already on the Jelly Bean update so it looks like I have to first go back to ICS Root and then update , I think I have that correct
I'm not really understanding AP fast boot mode entirely I realize I need to power down then hold Both volume keys and power at the sam time , but then I use the volume rocker to move the cursor to AP Fast boot then I'm lost there isn't a real explanation on what to do then do I just power the phone up?
I have downloaded the 64 bit drivers I'm on Windows 7 64 bit
set the settings to MTP mode and debugg is on but when I run the program !.82 nothing it starts up I select option 1 and nothing it just sits there, and I'm supposed to wait for like an hour or somehting for this to start?
in matts droid Raxr utlity it says in the start up make sure phone is in AP fastboot mode
:then after the scrren flashes back on prees the keys" WHAT KEYS?
and do you mean when the phone starts coming back on ?

thanks much ahead of time Bob

#158 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Ok lets start this again

first I have a Razr Maxx HD I see lots of the files to download all the way from version 1.10 now uo to 1.82 most by matt and thanks for your work I'm sure it is quite involved.
I have rooted a D4 but that was simple , I'm already on the Jelly Bean update so it looks like I have to first go back to ICS Root and then update , I think I have that correct
I'm not really understanding AP fast boot mode entirely I realize I need to power down then hold Both volume keys and power at the sam time , but then I use the volume rocker to move the cursor to AP Fast boot then I'm lost there isn't a real explanation on what to do then do I just power the phone up?
I have downloaded the 64 bit drivers I'm on Windows 7 64 bit
set the settings to MTP mode and debugg is on but when I run the program !.82 nothing it starts up I select option 1 and nothing it just sits there, and I'm supposed to wait for like an hour or somehting for this to start?
in matts droid Raxr utlity it says in the start up make sure phone is in AP fastboot mode
:then after the scrren flashes back on prees the keys" WHAT KEYS?
and do you mean when the phone starts coming back on ?

thanks much ahead of time Bob

Power on phone holding power and both volumes. When the screen comes on use volume down to highlight fastboot then use vol up to select fastboot. When you get to this point plug the phone into the computer and then start up the utility. It should recognize your phone and then you can start. Hit us back if you run into more problems

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#159 ungawatkt

ungawatkt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

I did the sequence again, success! JB with root. Thanks to everyone on this thread, and special thanks to tmyinc

#160 snowman

snowman

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSparta, Tn.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hey Devil thanks for helping I guess I must be having a brain fart here
I hold all 3 to get the screen to come on to select AP Fastboot while using the volume down to do this
then not sure what you mean by using volume up to select fast boot
on the second part of this am I using volume up and something else like the power button
this may be where a lot of us are confused you guys just know but we have never had to do this on any other phones to root?
my thinking is if I use the volume down to select APfastboot now if I use volume up this will remove that selection?

Thanks so much I know I must sound stupid but I'm not trying to be

also I have been having the phone plugged in already to the usb port this whole time , ehile selecting Fastboot,apparently I should have not been doing this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users