Halloween240

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Twitter:Twitter.com/Halloween240
  • Google+:Halloween240
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Out of nowhere my Bionic will no longer play any sound out of its speaker. Sound is there when I plug in headphones but once i take the headphones out no sound.

In the past a reboot fixed this, but not today. It happened on eclipse 1.1, after no success with rebooting and what not i booted back into cm10 and the lack of speaker sound continued. I even jumped back to my stock rom, same deal.

Ive tried opening different apps, wipping data/cache/dalvik and fixing permissions. Nothing seems to work..

Anyone have any ideas? This is driving me crazy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#2 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Was it OK n the middle of playing and it stopped? You may have blown the speaker. Which would be hardware.
a what? an android? whats that?

#3 Halloween240

Halloween240

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

No it happened using bluetooth initially, the speaker works fine for ringtones and speaker phone on calls. But nothing on music YouTube etc

#4 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hmm. You've tried data reset? Try fast boot?
a what? an android? whats that?

#5 Halloween240

Halloween240

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Was trying to avoid fxz again, so after like 2 hrs, randomly works again.. Wtf. Just glad its back :-)

#6 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Yours sounds more like a hardware problem, i lose audio if for example i try to play a video and while that video is loading i change the volume level. Boom, audio gone till reboot

#7 Halloween240

Halloween240

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Yeah I believe its the hardware, My headphone jack may be wrecked. While headphones are plugged in now If I move the headphones at all it disconnects. I think the original problem was something in the jack stuck and the phone acted like something was still plugged in.. sucks.. looks like it will be Bluetooth only for headphones moving forward :/.

#8 dfib

dfib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:Dfib1

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Might sound stupid but check to see if there is pocket lint in the headphone jack. It has been known to cause issues.

#9 Halloween240

Halloween240

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

Thats probably a good call, may get a aersol duster and clean it, worth a shot

#10 Killians

Killians

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Kinda on topic, Not really sure if its related to ICS, but I've lost all volume in my ear speaker. I cannot even hear a call (volume is there...just very very quiet) unless I put them on speaker? I'm thinking its a hardware issue, but before I plunk down the $ for a new speaker just thought I'd ask if anybody else experienced. Any/All suggestions appreciated.

#11 Halloween240

Halloween240

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Kinda on topic, Not really sure if its related to ICS, but I've lost all volume in my ear speaker. I cannot even hear a call (volume is there...just very very quiet) unless I put them on speaker? I'm thinking its a hardware issue, but before I plunk down the $ for a new speaker just thought I'd ask if anybody else experienced. Any/All suggestions appreciated.

One time I put a screen protector on my phone that covered the ear speaker, easy mistake and makes the ear speaker supper low. Did you maybe get a new screen protector recently? If not i cant image its anything but hardware

#12 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Mine is doing the same..sounds crackly,etc. I think I am at fault though as I decided to clean up some of the lint and whatever that had accumulated on the earpiece after a year so I lightly sprayed some compressed air ,not directly into the earpiece...now it's crackly. I did a search and aparently...it's a design flaw. Quick fix...suck on the earpiece to get it to move into place. Yeah..you read that right! Hahaha
It's a temp fix for me and I'm having to switch over to speakerphone more often than not.

#13 Killians

Killians

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

..... "I did a search and apparently...it's a design flaw. Quick fix...suck on the earpiece to get it to move into place. Yeah..you read that right!
...OMG.........OK...so no new screen saver, however, I do think my speaker is not positioned correctly.....I'm thinking of pulling it apart to try to re position it....looks like it fell out of its casing hole and it really doesn't look centered anymore. Can anybody post a close up pic of their ear speaker so I can verify my theory?

#14 TragicRemedy

TragicRemedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

It is a pretty common issue, I have read about issues with the phone speaker from a lot of different people over the years. I have had the audio just stop for no reason about 10 times or so but a reboot fixes it for me.

Waiting for the day a reboot doesn't fix it....

And to be more specific, I am talking about the speaker on the back of the phone.

#15 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

It is a pretty common issue, I have read about issues with the phone speaker from a lot of different people over the years. I have had the audio just stop for no reason about 10 times or so but a reboot fixes it for me.

Waiting for the day a reboot doesn't fix it....

And to be more specific, I am talking about the speaker on the back of the phone.

With that one I basically have to tap the bottom a few times.. All these seem to get jostled loose since they basically sit on connections instead of being soldered

Sent from my Icarus HD Edition Bionic

#16 danthepunman

danthepunman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hey, I have been getting some audio/media/streaming issues. Here is the work through's I have found.

Issue 1: no sound - I change the ringtone. The audio returns.

Issue 2: no media (including video) - I go into system tuner pro and under the task manager and select the Kernel files. I then kill the "system...mediaserver" file. This will restart and the media returns.

Issue 3: bt left on - I use a moto roadster. If I shut off the roadster before I toggle the bt off I lose my sound. I have to turn the roadster back on then toggle the bt off.

I have had a few times where the whole system will bog down to a standstill. Then the system will restart without rebooting. I despise reboots. I get stuck in a boot loop. Which is a whole other issue that is not specific to this ROM.
It started with 232 ICS ROM's.

I hope the troubleshooting helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users