Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

What version of RSD did you use? 6.14?

#62 chrisc2u

chrisc2u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Also I would highly recommend having Sterison BusyBox installed before you temp unroot.

Yes I can confirm I used RSDLite to get back on path!

When I loaded the leak the first time RootKeeper showed no su permissions. I went into SU app, updated the version and binary and I was good to ho. So in the end each device is different , you may have problems doing ,A when others are having problems with B. This comes with the territory. With a little bit of persistence and a knowhow all will be good.

Which OS version were you on before you upgraded? Did you install the 6mb update that was pushed out? Also, was your phone setup (user data, etc) or did you start from scratch?

#63 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Which OS version were you on before you upgraded? Did you install the 6mb update that was pushed out? Also, was your phone setup (user data, etc) or did you start from scratch?

Yes TAKE THE UPDATE ;) and I was debloated and had a custom UI. I just replaced the bloat I deleted and replaced my system.ui . If any bloat or system fields have been altered it will error out.

#64 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Right, ok, so, RSD 5.7, make sure you're on a USB 2.0 port (as noted, front ports are problematic sometimes) NOT a USB 3.0 port, original OEM cable, fully charged battery, driver installed and PC rebooted, and phone booted in AP Fastboot. Make sure that windows detects the phone before loading RSD. Once Windows recognizes the phone, load up RSD, load the VZW_XT926_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_VQW_S3-34-25_CFC.xml file, and then you should be able to flash it. If that fails, there's a SWDL.txt file in your RSD installation folder. Maybe try posting that up so we can see what error you're getting.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#65 melog69

melog69

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:melog69

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

What version of RSD did you use? 6.14?

I Have 5.7, I have not been able to find 6.1.4

#66 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

I Have 5.7, I have not been able to find 6.1.4

Go to the link in this post:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And look in there. There's a link to 6.1.4. I hate that version, personally, but, that's because it caused my House of Bionic users endless problems until I pulled it.

#67 barrcuda70

barrcuda70

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

How long did it take for your device to be recognized??? I waited a couple minutes and it was never recognized

It didn't take that long at all. I just left the file unzipped and edited the XML file and just browsed for the folder that was unzipped using Rsd lite

#68 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

I have tried to install the update and I keep getting an error of
verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("system/app/PlusOne.apk"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I did install the OTA update and am rooted and followed the install instructions. Anyone have any ideas to try and fix this error?

#69 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

I fastbooted back and reapplied the JB update while using OTA RK. Showed that I had recovered root but non of my apps will gain root access.. Trying something different now :) Guess this is just saying that I can confirm as well that I was able to fastboot back to 4.0.4.

#70 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Your system partition is failing the assertion on that APK. So you need to fix that. Possibly by flashing the system img from the fastboot files but I don't know. That's just a guess.

#71 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Your system partition is failing the assertion on that APK. So you need to fix that. Possibly by flashing the system img from the fastboot files but I don't know. That's just a guess.

I was kind of thinking the same thing about flashing the fastboot file, however I assume that would return me to a factory reset phone and lose all data?

#72 chrisc2u

chrisc2u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

I have tried to install the update and I keep getting an error of
verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("system/app/PlusOne.apk"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I did install the OTA update and am rooted and followed the install instructions. Anyone have any ideas to try and fix this error?

Did you use any tool to freeze or remove apps that came pre-installed on the phone? If so, you need to restore them or fastboot back (which will wipe and reinstall factory image) and proceed from there.

#73 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

I was kind of thinking the same thing about flashing the fastboot file, however I assume that would return me to a factory reset phone and lose all data?

Depends on how you do it. Do you want a modified XML file to use that won't wipe out your user data? I can write one.

#74 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Did you use any tool to freeze or remove apps that came pre-installed on the phone? If so, you need to restore them or fastboot back (which will wipe and reinstall factory image) and proceed from there.

I used titanium backup to freeze three apps, but I did unfreeze them before I tried to update.

#75 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Depends on how you do it. Do you want a modified XML file to use that won't wipe out your user data? I can write one.

I would prefer not to re install and setup all the apps that I have. If it wouldn't be much trouble that be excellent.

#76 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Does anyone happen to know which flash command reflashes the sdcard partition? Is it this one?

<step operation="flash" partition="aboot" filename="emmc_appsboot.mbn" MD5="718C82902E8525F66325E695DC5FFB27" />

emmc is generally the internal sdcard but I want to make sure before I remove it.

#77 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

I would prefer not to re install and setup all the apps that I have. If it wouldn't be much trouble that be excellent.

I'm working on it. Just need verification of what I just posted. I'm pretty sure that's the sdcard repartitioning. Don't wanna blast that on you by mistake. :) I already removed the user data partition erasing.

#78 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

I'm working on it. Just need verification of what I just posted. I'm pretty sure that's the sdcard repartitioning. Don't wanna blast that on you by mistake. :) I already removed the user data partition erasing.

awesome thanks!! If I loose my apps and data, really no biggie, sdcard I would like to keep lol.

#79 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

awesome thanks!! If I loose my apps and data, really no biggie, sdcard I would like to keep lol.

BIG HUGE WARNING...I can't promise anything here. I'm told this SHOULD work but I can't be held responsible if it blasts your data. I don't have a RAZR HD and can't test it, so, I'm in uncharted territory here. I'd like to know if it works. Try at your own risk. Should be safer than the full one which is GUARANTEED to wipe everything. :D

Extract that into the directory that you extracted the FXZ into. Then flash this XML file with RSD. Don't pick the wrong one by mistake. This has a Keep_Data on the end! :)

#80 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

BIG HUGE WARNING...I can't promise anything here. I'm told this SHOULD work but I can't be held responsible if it blasts your data. I don't have a RAZR HD and can't test it, so, I'm in uncharted territory here. I'd like to know if it works. Try at your own risk. Should be safer than the full one which is GUARANTEED to wipe everything. :D

Extract that into the directory that you extracted the FXZ into. Then flash this XML file with RSD. Don't pick the wrong one by mistake. This has a Keep_Data on the end! :)

Thank you so much will try and let you know the results shortly :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HD Jelly bean, 4.1.1, DROID RAZR HD, HD JB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users