Photo

When Will There Be Deals On Outright Phone Purchases?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 bwheelies

bwheelies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

As the title says, any idea when there will be a deal on this phone?

I don't need a dev edition, just a maxx. I want new but will sit tight if they drop to the $400 to $500 range as new...if that is possible.

#2 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

They won't off contract. Not for years anyways.
a what? an android? whats that?

#3 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

If you want a Maxx HD and you don't want to spend $6-700 you could always do like I did:

Get a new line. Activate a dumb phone in the new line and put the Maxx HD on your line...lol

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

#4 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

If you want a Maxx HD and you don't want to spend $6-700 you could always do like I did:

Get a new line. Activate a dumb phone in the new line and put the Maxx HD on your line...lol

Did you lose the unlimited plan. Or you were able to add a dumb phone for 10 a month

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#5 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

That's exactly what I did. Although I already had the dumb phone line.

#6 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Did you lose the unlimited plan. Or you were able to add a dumb phone for 10 a month

Nope, I added the line with it's 2GB plan, and then I had to go find a dumb phone to add on, dropping that line to $9.99 a month, and then I switched the Maxx HD to my main line and that's it. Lol

That's exactly what I did. Although I already had the dumb phone line.

I already had 2 dumb phone lines, but they don't have upgrades available yet, so I had to add a 3rd...lmao! I have 5 lines for just my wife & I. She uses a RAZR Maxx, I use a RAZR Maxx HD, and the other 3 lines are spared I have because I used them to get phones at upgrade cost...

#7 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Can you transfer your upgrade line with unlimited to your dumb phone line and upgrade that line to 2 gig plan then put the dumb phone back on the line and put the new phone on your main line which has unlimited.

#8 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Can you transfer your upgrade line with unlimited to your dumb phone line and upgrade that line to 2 gig plan then put the dumb phone back on the line and put the new phone on your main line which has unlimited.

Huh? You can upgrade a line and transfer the device to another line, but you cannot transfer the upgrade from one line to another, to my understanding. For example, I have an upgrade available on my main line in November...which will not be used, because I do not want to lose unlimited data. But, when I upgrade one if my spare lines, I can do that, and activate the new device to my main line, this keeping the new line on the $9.99 price. OR, I can get a new line and put that phone in my current lime, and activate a dumb phone to the new line, this making that a $9.99 per month line....

#9 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Huh? You can upgrade a line and transfer the device to another line, but you cannot transfer the upgrade from one line to another, to my understanding. For example, I have an upgrade available on my main line in November...which will not be used, because I do not want to lose unlimited data. But, when I upgrade one if my spare lines, I can do that, and activate the new device to my main line, this keeping the new line on the $9.99 price. OR, I can get a new line and put that phone in my current lime, and activate a dumb phone to the new line, this making that a $9.99 per month line....

I thought you can transfer upgrades to other lines on your account. I did it last year but not sure if you can still do it this year. My main line with unlimited is due for an upgrade in December. If I can transfer that upgrade to my dumb phone line, then I might get to keep unlimited plan

#10 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

I thought you can transfer upgrades to other lines on your account. I did it last year but not sure if you can still do it this year. My main line with unlimited is due for an upgrade in December. If I can transfer that upgrade to my dumb phone line, then I might get to keep unlimited plan

Hmm...I was not aware you could do that...I will have to check into that, lol

#11 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hmm...I was not aware you could do that...I will have to check into that, lol

I was offered by Verizon rep to take my wife's upgrade :)

#12 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

I was offered by Verizon rep to take my wife's upgrade

Yes, but that likely meant you upgraded her line & put the device on yours...at least that's how I'd understand it. I would definitely ask them that specifically before doing it, to make sure you don't end up with a nasty surprise lol

#13 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

I can confirm that you can transfer upgrades between lines on a plan. If you were to upgrade through the Verizon site it would ask you if you want to transfer an upgrade from another line.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#14 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

I can confirm that you can transfer upgrades between lines on a plan. If you were to upgrade through the Verizon site it would ask you if you want to transfer an upgrade from another line.

Woooooo hoooooo. So I can keep my unlimited since I already have a dumb phone line. Apparently that dumb phone is smarter than my other phones since its helping me keep my unlimited plan. :)

#15 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Woooooo hoooooo. So I can keep my unlimited since I already have a dumb phone line. Apparently that dumb phone is smarter than my other phones since its helping me keep my unlimited plan. :)

Ummmm... yeah not sure about that. I thought when using ANY upgrade on a plan you were automatically moved to a family plan and lost any unlimited. Am I wrong here??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#16 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Ummmm... yeah not sure about that. I thought when using ANY upgrade on a plan you were automatically moved to a family plan and lost any unlimited. Am I wrong here??

That's what I'm confused. Do you have to add a new line and get the 2gig data plan then put a dummy phone on that line and transfer the new phone to unlimited line :(

#17 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

I believe you are wrong. I was going to upgrade my spare line to get the Maxx HD and keep my unlimited, but the only reason I did not is because it doesn't upgrade until march

#18 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

I believe you are wrong. I was going to upgrade my spare line to get the Maxx HD and keep my unlimited, but the only reason I did not is because it doesn't upgrade until march

Hmmm... Is that because it was a line that had no data plan (dumb phone)?? Maybe it's when you upgrade a phone with a data plan that you lose unlimited. I gotta figure this out. I have 2 lines I will be upgrading in the next few weeks and would love to keep unlimited if possible

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#19 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hmmm... Is that because it was a line that had no data plan (dumb phone)?? Maybe it's when you upgrade a phone with a data plan that you lose unlimited. I gotta figure this out. I have 2 lines I will be upgrading in the next few weeks and would love to keep unlimited if possible

Then keep is posted if you keep unlimited

#20 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

What I did was activate this phone on my dumb phone line which made it bought equipment already. Then had it moved over to my main line and had them put the dumb phone back on the upgrade line. This allowed me to keep my unlimited data plan. The reason being is it was just like I had bought the HD Maxx outright. I hope that clears it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users