Photo

When Will There Be Deals On Outright Phone Purchases?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHuntsville Alabama

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Sigh... I have three "dumb" phone lines....... in total five lines...... I have issues.... I get a new phone every quarter..... I'm thinking this one is going to last me a long long time though. Between this battery and the phone specs I think I'm good......
  • NattyBee likes this

#22 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Sigh... I have three "dumb" phone lines....... in total five lines...... I have issues.... I get a new phone every quarter..... I'm thinking this one is going to last me a long long time though. Between this battery and the phone specs I think I'm good......

you sound like me...except I just ordered a dev HD, and I will likely sell my Maxx HD and use the $$ to buy a dev M so I'll have dev edition of both, haha

#23 bwheelies

bwheelies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

I would rather purchase outright. I don't want an added monthly expense or to be taking advantage of the system.

#24 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

I talked to Wirefly reps and Verizon reps and both have told me repeatedly that if I upgrade my other line and then take that phone I could incur charges up to $400. They said that I would have to transfer the upgrade to my line and I would have to change my unlimited data to take the cheaper phone. I have called both companies several times and I get the same answer from both Verizon and Wirefly.

#25 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

I would rather purchase outright. I don't want an added monthly expense or to be taking advantage of the system.

How is this talking advantage of a system that is out to take advantage of you every time they can?

#26 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

I talked to Wirefly reps and Verizon reps and both have told me repeatedly that if I upgrade my other line and then take that phone I could incur charges up to $400. They said that I would have to transfer the upgrade to my line and I would have to change my unlimited data to take the cheaper phone. I have called both companies several times and I get the same answer from both Verizon and Wirefly.

I have not called either of them on this...but I have done it several times and never have I had an issue. I did this to get the Bionic, then again to get the RAZR, and about 2 weeks ago to get the Maxx HD....

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

#27 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Wire fly or other dealers won't allow you to swap lines on the same account. Only Verizon and I heard best buy will allow you to swap lines. Other dealers require you to keep the new line active with the data plan

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users