Photo

Cannot flash custom recovery

Best Answer livinginkaos , 21 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

Try going into USB Debugging and toggling it off and back on while not connected to the computer.  Plug it back into a different USB port.  The offline generally happens with the lost key signature that was established when you first allowed the ADB connection to the device.

If that doesn't do it, look thru THIS thread.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

TWRP manager won't work for the HD because TWRP is not official, so it won't show up in the app. Since you have recovery.img on your SD, you should be able to flash it with Flashify or Rashr (sp?). You can also flash with fastboot. When in fastboot, run the command to flash the recovery, let if flash, unplug the phone from PC after success, power off, and then immediately reboot back into recovery so the install script can complete.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#22 zskynyrd

zskynyrd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

1. Thanks for the info on twrp manager.  I used rashr (i couldn't find it with flashify) and have found and flashed the recovery.img There it was. i knew I was one step away. Phone is now installing cm11 I don't know how long that will take. Let U know if it works. Thanks. zskynyrd.

• cmh714 and RikRong like this

#23 zskynyrd

zskynyrd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

New post .  I have now used twrp to make backup wipe cache. Flash cm11m8. Upon reboot phone only displays M logo waited 1 hour nothing. Restarted tried again same result. I saw somewhere that someone else had same problem but cant find that page again. Have spent about an hour looking what next?

Thanks zskynyrd

#24 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

check your format type in TWRP.....my similar problem with different ROM's was my data was originally jffs2 and the roms wanted ext4....if its that, you can change/reformat it in TWRP

#25 zskynyrd

zskynyrd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

Would this be on the tab that says format and wipe everything?

#26 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

let me reboot for you...as I am not remembering...

EDIT: Yes, select Data, then Repair or Change, it will show you what its formatted now as, mine on LiquidSmooth 3.2 shows f2fs.

Some ROM's like Baked required ext4, so you can reformat it as such and try again with the flash.

GL

#27 zskynyrd

zskynyrd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

I believe i did something wrong used reformat data on twrp typed yes. reflashed cmd11m8 rebooted. sutck on m logo again. Got tired of this today decided to restore old kit kat os. still stuck on m logo.  I am now connected to computer in ap fast boot.says device is not connected Why does't anything work the way it is supposed to?

I spent a month reading and watching videos b4 I decided to try this because I knew this would happen. I am now back to twrp. Should i try a different version on cm mod other than cm11-20140708 snapshot m8 moto.msm8960.zip

#28 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

Sorry cant help you with CM, I am not a fan and dont use it.

#29 zskynyrd

zskynyrd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

So this ls will work on my razrxt926 I am at ls web site what do I want? I am downloading this LS-KK-v3.2-2014-08-02-falcon.zip

#30 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

So this ls will work on my razrxt926 I am at ls web site what do I want? I am downloading this LS-KK-v3.2-2014-08-02-falcon.zip

I don't think Falcon is the HD. Actually, after a quick search, it comes up as the G. Don't flash that.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

R. Long: Pixel 5

#31 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

So this ls will work on my razrxt926 I am at ls web site what do I want? I am downloading this LS-KK-v3.2-2014-08-02-falcon.zip

CM M8 is more then likely a JB bootloader build since it won't pass the splash screen, different kernel config. There are some CM builds that were uploaded and built for the KK bootloader on dhackers server, unless he moved them. If out are destined to use the CM 11 M8 build. Use my FlashBack zip over on the main Development page to downgrade the bootloader quicker. Remember to read the tread before trying and make sure that you are using the me a for xt926... Enjoy....

new_animated_sig.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users