Photo

[Recovery][Locked Devices] Safestrap Recovery V3.1 [01/04 3.12 - Stock Flash +] [All Versions]

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#161 chudze

chudze

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I installed the safestrap, it shows recovery state installed, and safe system not active. when i shut off the phone and restart, it restarts normally with no special screen. I have the razr HD. can someone help me, i would like to try and install a rom.

#162 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

I think this version of safestrap is really cool but I don't like the fact that you only have 3GB of internal storage. With that being said is there a safestrap V2 for the Razr HD?

#163 benihurst

benihurst

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

I installed the safestrap, it shows recovery state installed, and safe system not active. when i shut off the phone and restart, it restarts normally with no special screen. I have the razr HD. can someone help me, i would like to try and install a rom.

I had the same problem, are you sure you downloaded the correct version?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#164 benihurst

benihurst

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

I successfully installed safestrap and created a rom slot. I tried CM10 Alpha and Vitreous 1.2. They all installed fine but when I boot the rom it hangs at the bootlogo (CM10 Bootanimation or the colored X depending on the rom). I doublechecked the MD5 checksums etc. all looks good, but it does not boot. Any ideas?
I have a:
XT925
7.71.26003.XT925.O2.en.DE
Rooted

#165 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

7.71 seems like an earlier ICS version of the OS. You'd need to be on a JB leak of some sort and then it's not guaranteed to work on the XT925. :/

#166 o0beaner

o0beaner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:o0beaner

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

I am running SS 3.05.17, and am having an issue that I do not see reported here...

After installing SafeStrap and rebooting into recovery, I can successfully take a backup and create a new ROM slot. Following that though, I cannot restore my stock backup to it. With ROM-Slot-1 active, if I select Restore, there are no backups there to restore. If I activate the Stock ROM slot, I can see my backups. Any insight? How do I restore the stock backup to a custom ROM slot?

Thanks.

Running rooted JB leak.

#167 chazall1

chazall1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

I have an Unlocked, Razr HD Dev edition running TWRP at the moment. I am rooted and running Official JB. I have been trying to flash both CM10 and Vit Roms, and they both Fail to install. I did not think that SS3, .17 was for My Device. If I can use SS3, what is the best option to Remove TWRP.

Thanks
Believe In "Open Source"

#168 jasonpotts42

jasonpotts42

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

I had the same problem, are you sure you downloaded the correct version?

I think I have the the correct version, or at least the latest version

I am also not getting the SS splash screen.

Razr Maxx HD OTA Jellybean SafeStrap 3.05. 17 Recovery State: Installed

When I power up phone there is no safestrap splash screen.

Edit 12/31/12; I had to reboot into recovery, then I got the splash screen and a fully functional SS, also all future power ups now include the splash screen. SS works great and so does the Batakang ROM So thanks to all the hard work I am bloatware free =)

#169 originaldobo

originaldobo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:@originaldobo
  • Google+:dobo122884
  • LocationLakeland F.L
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

I think this version of safestrap is really cool but I don't like the fact that you only have 3GB of internal storage. With that being said is there a safestrap V2 for the Razr HD?

I agree 3gb is far to little and Google music does not let me push offline music to SD and nor does other apps. This is the only thing keeping me from flashing ROMs

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#170 Pzyduck

Pzyduck

Firmware Team

• Superuser
  • 45 posts
  • Twitter:Pzyduck
  • LocationLa Rioja - Argentina

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Work in RAZR HD XT925 JB 4.1.2 Telstra Australia

Enviado desde mi XT925 usando Tapatalk 2

Firmware Team: Kent_lkc - Kwachu - daywalker04 - Pzyduck - Skrilax_CZ - toto221

#171 Pasquale1981

Pasquale1981

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

how we looking with stock rom slot flashing support?

#172 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Updated the OP for new Safestrap version 3.12:

md5sum: 9b3d75e84c06d1e71af1bf1bad57faf3
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

CHANGES:
  • [01/04] (3.12) Fix initial file selector location for backup/restore
  • [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
  • [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
  • [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions. * STILL TESTING -- BUGGY*
  • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM
    • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
    • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
  • [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
  • [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)

#173 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

I agree 3gb is far to little and Google music does not let me push offline music to SD and nor does other apps. This is the only thing keeping me from flashing ROMs

So GoogleMusic has to keep the music files inside the /data partition? Not in either the internal sd or external sd?

#174 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

I have an Unlocked, Razr HD Dev edition running TWRP at the moment. I am rooted and running Official JB. I have been trying to flash both CM10 and Vit Roms, and they both Fail to install. I did not think that SS3, .17 was for My Device. If I can use SS3, what is the best option to Remove TWRP.

Thanks

I know this is late but yes you can use SS on your Dev edition. I have a Dev edition and currently the only way to flash ANY of the ROMs out is to use SS. Thatsaid don't worry about the custom recovery you have installed atm. Just install the SS *.apk and then move forward from there to get a ROM installed by following Hashc odes instructions on using SS

#175 FastKatt

FastKatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:@FastKatt
  • Google+:FastKatt
  • Location37312
  • Current Device(s):D1, DX, Bionic, D4, RazrMaxx, Note2

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Wrong Forum
Post Moved

Edited by FastKatt, 04 January 2013 - 12:56 PM.

Me: Motorola RazrMaxx - Rooted | Wife: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Stock | Son: Motorola Droid 4 - Rooted | Daughter: Motorola Bionic - Stock | Spare Rooted Phones: LG Vortex & 3 Droid 1s

#176 originaldobo

originaldobo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLakeland F.L

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Cant seem to flash anything on the stock slot still. Screen just goes black and thats it ,also upon further inspection I see when installing Rom's Im getting a error now any thoughts ? Edit: I decided to start over with ss 3.05 I flashed batakang slot 1 than I backed it up in slot one. Restored slot ones back up to the stock ROM slot and profit it worked. I deleted the slot one partition and rebooted the device now I have 11gb to my disposal and the ROM feels genuinely faster and more responsive.

#177 ducats

ducats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Cant seem to flash anything on the stock slot still. Screen just goes black and thats it ,also upon further inspection I see when installing Rom's Im getting a error now any thoughts ? Edit: I decided to start over with ss 3.05 I flashed batakang slot 1 than I backed it up in slot one. Restored slot ones back up to the stock ROM slot and profit it worked. I deleted the slot one partition and rebooted the device now I have 11gb to my disposal and the ROM feels genuinely faster and more responsive.

When you flashed onto stock slot... what did you wipe or not wipe?

#178 originaldobo

originaldobo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLakeland F.L

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

I wiped

#179 theviper90210

theviper90210

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Can I install 3.12 right over 3.11 or is there something special you have to do?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#180 ducats

ducats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

I wiped

You wiped cache, dalvik and system? I ask because when I do a full wipe, nothing boots, when I don't wipe, nothing boots lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users