63 replies to this topic

#41 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Those are impressive results. Have you run it long enough at those speeds to see what it does to battery life?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#42 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

Posted ImagePosted Imageii

#43 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Those are impressive results. Have you run it long enough at those speeds to see what it does to battery life?

i have been running 1375 all day fine

#44 RAZRblade

RAZRblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Its not good. I try to keep it plugged in. but I had the gov on performance so that doesn't help.I'll let you know when i'm not pushing it hard. I was running all kinds of stuff

"i have been running 1375 all day fine"
Were you pushing it or just using normal?

#45 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Its not good. I try to keep it plugged in. but I had the gov on performance so that doesn't help.I'll let you know when i'm not pushing it hard. I was running all kinds of stuff

"i have been running 1375 all day fine"
Were you pushing it or just using normal?

i was pushing very hard

#46 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Posted Image

#47 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:32 AM

i have the maxx so my battery is a little different but i took it off the charger at 830 am and the screen shot is 435 am the next day and i have 14% left

#48 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:@jcutter347
  • LocationSnook Alley, Florida

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:39 AM

It's funny how these phones all act differently. I have achieved best results at 13.50 MHz and voltage at 13.80. Running DT's Abysm rom, I get a minimum 24hrs. battery life. I am waiting on my battery to charge back up so I can re-flash Abysm and reset my overclock values. I have been using the latest alpha build of ICS and it runs through benchmark apps faster than I have with the phone overclocked. My quadrant was over 3000. I will post a screen when I am back up and running. I haven't been able to get higher than 96 mflops on Linpack though.
Edit: I have also noticed that my phone is faster and smoother set on mot hotplug.

#49 RAZRblade

RAZRblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

113.08KB   58 downloads

Not a good bench. But I'm not crashing. If only voltage wasnt capped. But then id be melting stuff. 1800mhz performance governor. Cfq

#50 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

113.08KB   58 downloads

Not a good bench. But I'm not crashing. If only voltage wasnt capped. But then id be melting stuff. 1800mhz performance governor. Cfq

try taking it of performance an put it on the first one mot_hotplug i found i got bad results on performance

#51 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

It's funny how these phones all act differently. I have achieved best results at 13.50 MHz and voltage at 13.80. Running DT's Abysm rom, I get a minimum 24hrs. battery life. I am waiting on my battery to charge back up so I can re-flash Abysm and reset my overclock values. I have been using the latest alpha build of ICS and it runs through benchmark apps faster than I have with the phone overclocked. My quadrant was over 3000. I will post a screen when I am back up and running. I haven't been able to get higher than 96 mflops on Linpack though.
Edit: I have also noticed that my phone is faster and smoother set on mot hotplug.

yea same here about being on mot hotplug

#52 RazRMaxX

RazRMaxX

Lilttle miss Sally

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

This is my first post and sorry if I am wrong but RazrBlade you overclocked your Razr up to 1.8Ghz??
I just want to make sure i saw 1800Mhz over there and i was wondering how your device act with that mich power and the battery life?
Whenn i overcloked my old Droid 2 Global if i did it too high the fone would slow down like hell LMAO. like i said just want to hear your comments on OC ing. Thanks. Sal.

#53 dandude23

dandude23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

i got 1325 mhz stable. 1350 would hotboot when switching between browser and text messaging. to be honest could have lived with it but 25 mhz is NOT worth it lmao. also noticed better battery life? not sure how that happened. second day on a new flash tho maybe rom still settling. unusually good nonetheless from my experience.

Anyone care to explain getting this to run at boot? ive tried reading the rootzwiki threads and such. its a jumbled mess it looks like and is making me head hurt.

#54 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

i got 1325 mhz stable. 1350 would hotboot when switching between browser and text messaging. to be honest could have lived with it but 50 mhz is NOT worth it lmao. also noticed better battery life? not sure how that happened. second day on a new flash tho maybe rom still settling. unusually good nonetheless from my experience.

Anyone care to explain getting this to run at boot? ive tried reading the rootzwiki threads and such. its a jumbled mess it looks like and is making me head hurt.

i have gotten mine to work on boot pm me an i will help you with it

#55 mattfox27

mattfox27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:@Mattfox27
  • Google+:Mattfox27@gmail.com (Gtalk)
  • LocationSoCali

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

i have gotten mine to work on boot pm me an i will help you with it

I also need some help with an init.d script/values and what version to install...if you can help me too.
Don't take me too seriously, its only my opinion...

#56 W0017roid

W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Twitter:17akota
  • Google+:17akota
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Pennsylvania

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

so this might be a dumb question, but does this OC both cores or just one? im assuming it does both, but there might be something that only makes it OC one core for some reason. lol

#57 W0017roid

W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Twitter:17akota
  • Google+:17akota
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Pennsylvania

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

i got 1.35GHz stable at the 13V. if i go up to 1.4GHz it slows way down and is really really laggy.

#58 mattfox27

mattfox27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:@Mattfox27
  • Google+:Mattfox27@gmail.com (Gtalk)
  • LocationSoCali

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

i got 1.35GHz stable at the 13V. if i go up to 1.4GHz it slows way down and is really really laggy.

Is there any noticeable improvement?
Don't take me too seriously, its only my opinion...

#59 GHOSTHOUND

GHOSTHOUND

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

I've gotten mine to 1.55 Ghz comletely stable with a voltage of 1.25 (i.e. Vibrate works properly, will boot without looping etc.) Noticed much increased battery life with that ;D

#60 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

What is the purpose of over-clocking? Seems silly to me.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users