35 replies to this topic

#1 blaquejohn

blaquejohn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

I got the email regarding a upcoming soak I wonder if it'll be a soak on the build that was cheesecaked lol oh well guess I'll find out in a few days
Carved from my droid razr

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

I got the email regarding a upcoming soak I wonder if it'll be a soak on the build that was cheesecaked lol oh well guess I'll find out in a few days

Do you get emails as a result of contacting CS or what? I'd like to get myself in line for them if it is possible to just sign up.

#3 chefed24

chefed24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Twitter:@EdSadler
  • LocationAustin Texas

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

Join Motorola Support forums and then opt in to the Motorola Feedback network under your profile. Not everyone gets invited to a soak test but if your signed up you have a chance. Of course if your a member here it's a mood point your already in the know.

#4 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

They usually release the OTA to the public the following week anyway

#5 xiogua

xiogua

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

I just wonder if anything has changed from our leaked version, or if I should even bother with the ota update since I'm on .167.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#6 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hopefully they'll jump straight to 2.3.7 (or better yet 4.0.3 haha), if I'm not mistaken GSM had that cheesecake'd right?

Sent from somewhere using something

:-D :-D

#7 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

I just wonder if anything has changed from our leaked version, or if I should even bother with the ota update since I'm on .167.

Well one benefit, besides potential added features, would be getting back on the upgrade path. Just makes it easier.

:-D :-D

#8 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

Yup i got added in today also. Now if i can just get my xoom in there. ;)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Posted Image

#9 kb3awq

kb3awq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Twitter:kb3awq
  • Google+:kb3awq
  • LocationWilliamsport, PA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:51 AM

Makes me wonder.... Cheesecake pulls the leaks so what can pull the soak tests? The next question is when you go into about phone and system updates and check what is that pulling from? Follow me?
John * Rooted Droid 1 and Droid RAZR Owner * KB3AWQ.com * W3AHS.com * Electronics Geek

#10 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

it pulls soaks too, the soak server is in the list.
(the official server is in cheesecake too)

#11 kb3awq

kb3awq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

OK. I guess with all the servers on there I am not sure one from another.
John * Rooted Droid 1 and Droid RAZR Owner * KB3AWQ.com * W3AHS.com * Electronics Geek

#12 kb3awq

kb3awq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

I wonder if anyone has got the official soak yet....

#13 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

I wonder if anyone has got the official soak yet....

They will send us another email when it begins according to Nix (he has done soak tests for Motorola before).

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#14 kb3awq

kb3awq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:48 AM

Oh OK! Cool. I am not a tester in fact Im not sure if I am signed up or not. I know I tried to look it up on /\/\'s support site but I guess I can hold off after all I have so far. Been tempted to do the leak but I guess might has well just wait now. I have had some of the 3G disappearing issues and even when it says 3G sometimes it doesnt seem to connect to the internet. Currently in central PA (about an hour east of Penn State) in Williamsport we dont have 4G yet but hopefully soon.

#15 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:47 AM

Oh OK! Cool. I am not a tester in fact Im not sure if I am signed up or not. I know I tried to look it up on /\/\'s support site but I guess I can hold off after all I have so far. Been tempted to do the leak but I guess might has well just wait now. I have had some of the 3G disappearing issues and even when it says 3G sometimes it doesnt seem to connect to the internet. Currently in central PA (about an hour east of Penn State) in Williamsport we dont have 4G yet but hopefully soon.

Yeah, the 6.12.173 radio fixes a lot of data drops and the non-switching to 3G from 4G (vice-versa) right away. The soak test will 100% have this radio or even a newer one. But the fix will be in for sure.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#16 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

They will send us another email when it begins according to Nix (he has done soak tests for Motorola before).

This is correct. The second email will detail the date the test starts and gives you a link to the private forums on the motorola site so you can post comments on the soak.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#17 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:45 AM

This is correct. The second email will detail the date the test starts and gives you a link to the private forums on the motorola site so you can post comments on the soak.

+1.

One of the major reasons they send these out is to allow us "rooted" users and custom ROM people to get back to factory before they push the update.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#18 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

Ok so a question on the soak.
Im on leaked 173. I need to get back stock to get the soak (which is prob 173 lol).
So can i simply restore my stock nano of 744 do ota to 748 and wait on soak.
Or should i do downgrade zip to 748 then nano to stock 744 then oto to 748 then soak.
Or must i rsd.
I just dont know how the radio change will effect all this. I have used safe strap and been able to get all leaked updated and all otas without ever using rsd. If possible i would like to avoid rsd at the moment. I am also aware that bootstrap is now recomended over safestrap, but as im working on some things i need my working system and test system. Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Posted Image

#19 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

Also just wanted to say i know loads of people have updating, ota, and all after safestrap. It is my understanding that this is only after actually using safe system, due to it creating the extra partition. On my stock 744 i have not activated safestrap and this is why i nano all the back to 744 so im truly stock again. This has worked out great for me with no issues. Again my main concern is the radios matching to be able to get the soak.

Posted Image

#20 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

Ok so a question on the soak.
Im on leaked 173. I need to get back stock to get the soak (which is prob 173 lol).
So can i simply restore my stock nano of 744 do ota to 748 and wait on soak.
Or should i do downgrade zip to 748 then nano to stock 744 then oto to 748 then soak.
Or must i rsd.
I just dont know how the radio change will effect all this. I have used safe strap and been able to get all leaked updated and all otas without ever using rsd. If possible i would like to avoid rsd at the moment. I am also aware that bootstrap is now recomended over safestrap, but as im working on some things i need my working system and test system. Thanks in advance for any and all input.

This has been asked and answered many times. Look at the installation guide. There's a link there for the rollback package for 748. Should that fail because you've jacked around with too many system files in 173, you'll have to RSD.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users