Photo
- - - - -

Any Particular Reason There's No Development?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Kwazzy

Kwazzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Twitter:@kwazzynuts
  • Google+:kwazzy
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Is there something I'm missing? I know Safestrap just came out, but this phone isn't super new... I'd HAPPILY pay for some haha!

Thanks!
IT2 (AW) US Navy - Android <3'er

#2 priddyma

priddyma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDeKalb, IL
  • Current Device(s):HTC One XL, Motorola DROID RAZR

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

I don't believe many devs picked up the M. It is a mid range smart phone and most devs are going to stick to flagship devices. Since the devices are similar you may get someone porting them but other than that I can't really see a dev just working on the M.
DROID RAZR XT912 Batakang JB | Samsung Galaxy SIII Pebble Blue - On the way!

#3 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

There is plenty of working going on with the Developer Edition RAZR M.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#4 Kwazzy

Kwazzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Sure, the dev edition, but damn, not even ONE? I miss eclipse on moto products... haha. Or LIBERTY!! Remember that? This device is pretty awesome, very smooth too! great battery life. I actually PREFER it over the Razr/Razr Maxx!!

Who do I donate to, to make it happen? :P

*calling all/any devs!!*

#5 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

i would wait till something gets started then donate to them. give them more incentive to continue the dev.. but begging for someone to start isnt the best of ideas. a lot of devs watch to see what the general public grab too. so its all a matter of time.
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#6 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

I have a retail M and I plan on doing lots of development for it. One reason you haven't been seeing any ROMS yet is because flashing ROMS is broken in the current Safestrap. Once we get that (which should be very soon) , you bet there will be plenty of ROMS from me for the RETAIL RAZR M. :D
  • Kwazzy likes this

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#7 acordill

acordill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/@acordill
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/J90Lv
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

I have a retail M and I plan on doing lots of development for it. One reason you haven't been seeing any ROMS yet is because flashing ROMS is broken in the current Safestrap. Once we get that (which should be very soon) , you bet there will be plenty of ROMS from me for the RETAIL RAZR M. :D

Will you be working with T3T3Droid for M like you are for Bionic? I love what y'all have done with Bionic. I was thinking about switching from the Bionic to the M, what do you think about that move? Does it seem worthwhile to do the switch? Will sort of miss the HDMI out but think I will use the NFC more than HDMI.
HoB 246 (Thanks to SamuriHL) running Icarus Hd 1.0 (Thanks to Jp1044 and T3T3Droid)

#8 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

Will you be working with T3T3Droid for M like you are for Bionic? I love what y'all have done with Bionic. I was thinking about switching from the Bionic to the M, what do you think about that move? Does it seem worthwhile to do the switch? Will sort of miss the HDMI out but think I will use the NFC more than HDMI.

Unfortunately T3T3droid doesn't have an M, so it will probably be just me doing development unless he gets an M. The razr m is a great choice but beware its a lot smaller than the Bionic because of its tiny bezel. Other than that, its really snappy on ICS and will definitely fly even faster when mine gets its jellybean OTA :) It feels really nice in the hand and the display is much sharper than the Bionic and colors are a lot more vivid. Also seems to get better reception than my bionic but I haven't tested that too much yet. I haven't gotten too far into the realm of devving for the M because we don't have working Safestrap yet, but once we get that, I'll see what's possible about getting NFC and HDMI working.

#9 acordill

acordill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/@acordill
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/J90Lv
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

Unfortunately T3T3droid doesn't have an M, so it will probably be just me doing development unless he gets an M. The razr m is a great choice but beware its a lot smaller than the Bionic because of its tiny bezel. Other than that, its really snappy on ICS and will definitely fly even faster when mine gets its jellybean OTA :) It feels really nice in the hand and the display is much sharper than the Bionic and colors are a lot more vivid. Also seems to get better reception than my bionic but I haven't tested that too much yet. I haven't gotten too far into the realm of devving for the M because we don't have working Safestrap yet, but once we get that, I'll see what's possible about getting NFC and HDMI working.

Awesome, thanks for the input, might just have to go to the M. NFC shouldn't be a problem but since there is no micro HDMI port on the M, I think that is out of the question, unless the hardware supports HDMI over Micro USB but not in the software.
HoB 246 (Thanks to SamuriHL) running Icarus Hd 1.0 (Thanks to Jp1044 and T3T3Droid)

#10 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Awesome, thanks for the input, might just have to go to the M. NFC shouldn't be a problem but since there is no micro HDMI port on the M, I think that is out of the question, unless the hardware supports HDMI over Micro USB but not in the software.

I believe the micro-USB port is MHL enabled so you can use an MHL cable to get HDMI. I can't test this as i don't have an MHL cable but I believe it is possible. You might want to double check though :)

#11 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

I need an entire system to try and put out a rom for this phone. Id need to deodex it. But I also need all the libs, would need everything

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#12 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

There is plenty of working going on with the Developer Edition RAZR M.

where's it hidden at?

#13 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Sure, the dev edition, but damn, not even ONE? I miss eclipse on moto products... haha. Or LIBERTY!! Remember that? This device is pretty awesome, very smooth too! great battery life. I actually PREFER it over the Razr/Razr Maxx!!

Who do I donate to, to make it happen? :P

*calling all/any devs!!*

I heard there is a donate thread out there somewhere to get $$ up for Nitro to get an M...and P3 has one...he's got a toolbox available to modify the stock JB...also DHacker has one and is working on CM10 I believe...but you're right, it is much better device than the old razr, and searching for development seems to leave me finding nothing!

#14 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

The thread for a Razr M is on xda

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Not a whole lot of movement on it though. Haven't received anything towards one. Probably going to ask to have the thread closed if no action happens on it this week.
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#15 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

The thread for a Razr M is on xda :http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1995192

Not a whole lot of movement on it though. Haven't received anything towards one. Probably going to ask to have the thread closed if no action happens on it this week.

yeah, close that thread and let's do one here at DroidRZR.com ;)

#16 Kwazzy

Kwazzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

So I'm using the Razr Maxx right now, I gave my wife the M, she's fallen head over heals for it too (because it's "cute/white"). Her battery life is DEFINITELY comparable to my Maxx, and mine is rooted/ROM'ed out.

Anyway, love you devs, love what you do and what you stand for. Just point me to whomever is leaning toward making a ROM so I can throw some $$ their way!!

#17 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

So I'm using the Razr Maxx right now, I gave my wife the M, she's fallen head over heals for it too (because it's "cute/white"). Her battery life is DEFINITELY comparable to my Maxx, and mine is rooted/ROM'ed out.

Anyway, love you devs, love what you do and what you stand for. Just point me to whomever is leaning toward making a ROM so I can throw some $$ their way!!

Nitro is looking into it..and let me tell you, that there is one of the best devs on the scene....

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

#18 russlowe73

russlowe73

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:russlowe73
  • Google+:russlowe73
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hey Natty do you know where p3droid has his toolbox posted? He doesn't answer on Twitter, I assume cause he doesn't follow me .

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Russ Lowe

#19 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hey Natty do you know where p3droid has his toolbox posted? He doesn't answer on Twitter, I assume cause he doesn't follow me .

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

You need to get it directly from him at this time, though he was thinking of putting it on Market...I will ask him about it
BTW, I don't think he intentionally ignores anyone on Twitter, it's just impossibly difficult to reach him that way, as he has a lot of folks tweeting him...that there is a busy guy, lol

#20 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Nitro is looking into it..and let me tell you, that there is one of the best devs on the scene....

Why thank you sir!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users