87 replies to this topic

#21 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:42 AM

Since were talking about the best apps, does anyone have the Rom Toolbox Pro .apk they'd like to share?

Instead of purchasing the app at a small price that wont break your wallet, you want someone to share a app that comes at a price?
  • michigancur likes this
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

#22 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:13 AM

Instead of purchasing the app at a small price that wont break your wallet, you want someone to share a app that comes at a price?

+1 million!

No offense to you mattp but this is the problem. When we do get awsome apps and awsome devs we MUST suport them! For the majority there are non pay options, but you will soon see that they are well worth the few $ you shell out. Especially when (like jrummy) we get great support, and support spanning many devices.
When we take their hard work and start sharing it by other means than supporting the devs who made it,i could see that slowing development or even pushing them away. Lets support ourdevs and ttheir awsome work!
I can tell you i havehad paid version of rtb way before it was rtb (anybody remember liberty tool) lol. It is an app well worth your money, and i dare say it will last a many devices.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
  • robertiv, Roo and BowlingGuy86 like this

Posted Image

#23 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:16 AM

Root Explorer is the first App any person that Roots should buy. Rom Tool Box is Unnecessary to be honest. And in case no one is aware the Liberty Tool Box was a Copy of the TranQ toolbox that was out months before Liberty was even thought of.

#24 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:20 AM

Jolly i meant no disrespect. And as opposed to weather the app is needed or not, I'm just saying if its a paid app and we want it we should be willing to fork over a $ or 2, instead of trying to find away to get the app for free and bypass the dev.
Myself i think the toolbox is a good app for those with less knowledge or know how. The main reason i had lib toolbox in the first place was to support the liberty rom.
But digressing, i would say root explorer, voodoo ota rootkeeper, titanium backup, wifi tether, and any sms backup are all good fresh root apps.

sliced by my Razr on Tapatalk

Posted Image

#25 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Google+:thegsxr1000kid

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

Since were talking about the best apps, does anyone have the Rom Toolbox Pro .apk they'd like to share?

just pay the few bucks you tight wad, $#!+ like that pisses me off, jimmy is a great guy and will help out in a heart beat and you come along and want to steal his $#!+
  • robertiv, michigancur and Nitewolf like this
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#26 Roo

Roo

Property of ArcaneXVI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWyoming
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

I know this is kind of off topic for what this all turned into but...you mentioned juice defender as a must have app. It was one of the first apps I found when I searched what to get after rooting and flashing a rom. I bought the pro version and used it for about a week and a half but I eneded up uninstalling last night. I'm still pretty green to all of this, but I noticed it was actually making my battery life worse. I'm sure it was something I did or set, but did anyone else run into this problem? I've heard nothing but great things about it, so I'm sure it has to be user error :) (P.S. Just spend a few bucks if you tried a free version of an app and liked it. I am really starting to get into this stuff and I would hate to see the devs stop doing such great work because they can't get any support!)

#27 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

I know this is kind of off topic for what this all turned into but...you mentioned juice defender as a must have app. It was one of the first apps I found when I searched what to get after rooting and flashing a rom. I bought the pro version and used it for about a week and a half but I eneded up uninstalling last night. I'm still pretty green to all of this, but I noticed it was actually making my battery life worse. I'm sure it was something I did or set, but did anyone else run into this problem? I've heard nothing but great things about it, so I'm sure it has to be user error :) (P.S. Just spend a few bucks if you tried a free version of an app and liked it. I am really starting to get into this stuff and I would hate to see the devs stop doing such great work because they can't get any support!)

I used JD Ultimate and never had battery drain faster. I always set it the the highest which I believe was called aggresive. I would manually shut my data off when i wasnt using data though.
-Beta Mod-

Posted Image

#28 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

just pay the few bucks you tight wad, $#!+ like that pisses me off, jimmy is a great guy and will help out in a heart beat and you come along and want to steal his $#!+

+10000 ... jimmy is a dev worth supporting any day of the week. If his hard work benefits you, just man up and pay a couple of bucks. Especially since your phone was not likely under $300 like the rest of us. Small sacrifice to make IMHO. That's like a half of a Starbucks coffee...

[ sent from _base2 ]
  • The Kid and stef78508 like this
[ sent from _base2 ]

#29 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

Alright so I'm not the only one that's found JD to be kind of wonky. I used to use it on my X2 but for some reason everytime I've installed it on my Razr the data connection is erratic to the point where it sometimes shuts down all together. I have to toggle airplane mode to get it going again. I just flashed Abysm and am giving the ROM some time to settle before I give JD another shot but not even sure it's worth the effort at this point. Using it on the extreme setting the battery life hasn't been anything to write home about anyway.

If anyone has had a better experience with Juice Defender and has any suggestions we're listening.

#30 Roo

Roo

Property of ArcaneXVI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

Thats so weird I was just on the rom topic looking at Abysm. Let me know if JD works any better once everything has settled! I really want to like JD because of how many positive reviews it has gotten, and how important bat, life is on the razr. How long in general should you give it to settle before you start playing with things? I was not aware it needed time, and that could be what I did wrong when I flashed my rom before -_-'

#31 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

Some people swear by Juice Defender, some people hate it. I'm not a fan of it, it never did my old Droid X any good.

Also.... Why is Juice Defender being discussed in this thread? You don't need root for it :P
  • SpyderMan likes this

#32 Roo

Roo

Property of ArcaneXVI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

Some people swear by Juice Defender, some people hate it. I'm not a fan of it, it never did my old Droid X any good.

Also.... Why is Juice Defender being discussed in this thread? You don't need root for it :P

Lol...I can't believe no one else noticed that! Well a lot of people swear its an essential app rooted or not....<------Thats some solid defense right there if I do say so myself, should have been a lawyer :)

#33 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

Alright so I'm not the only one that's found JD to be kind of wonky. I used to use it on my X2 but for some reason everytime I've installed it on my Razr the data connection is erratic to the point where it sometimes shuts down all together. I have to toggle airplane mode to get it going again. I just flashed Abysm and am giving the ROM some time to settle before I give JD another shot but not even sure it's worth the effort at this point. Using it on the extreme setting the battery life hasn't been anything to write home about anyway.

If anyone has had a better experience with Juice Defender and has any suggestions we're listening.

There is a App on the market to help repair data issues. Its by moto, located on the market here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This might help restore ur issues.

Thats so weird I was just on the rom topic looking at Abysm. Let me know if JD works any better once everything has settled! I really want to like JD because of how many positive reviews it has gotten, and how important bat, life is on the razr. How long in general should you give it to settle before you start playing with things? I was not aware it needed time, and that could be what I did wrong when I flashed my rom before -_-'

For juice defender it pretty much learns quickly. I would give it another shot, but when u reinstall wipe its data via the stock app manager (System settings-> manage apps) then choose the highest settings and go through the advanced settings to see if those settings fit ur style of use.
  • raijin32 likes this
-Beta Mod-

Posted Image

#34 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

Lol...I can't believe no one else noticed that! Well a lot of people swear its an essential app rooted or not....<------Thats some solid defense right there if I do say so myself, should have been a lawyer :)

Because for 4g lte phones, it helps make the battery life go from <7 hours to >8 hours. I know I can make it 16 hours with it the way I use my phone. Thats my whole day which is important to me.
-Beta Mod-

Posted Image

#35 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

LOL!!! Agreed kl0wn. It snuck in here somehow. I guess the fact that we kept talking about it goes to show how much we all want to milk as much battery life out of our Razrs as possible. ;)

5-10 minutes before I start playing with the phone works for me Roo. I've read where some people say it can take 24-48 hours though it seems a bit much to me. Depends on the build of the ROM you're flashing maybe? I flashed Arctic previously and didn't have any issues at all by letting it settle for just a few minutes. Abysm is running nicely so far. :D

#36 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

DSpawn I know I asked this question previously on the thread but have used the boot animation option on ROM Toolbox? I'm itching to give it a shot......

#37 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

TiBu is obviously a must, and I give another vote for Root Toolbox. It makes everything so much easier. However, as mentioned earlier, most of it can be done with Root Explorer. But that sorta takes out all the fun of "crap... I forgot to change permissions... #bootloop#" lol

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#38 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

DSpawn I know I asked this question previously on the thread but have used the boot animation option on ROM Toolbox? I'm itching to give it a shot......

I actually have not. If u are up for it, make a back up in BS or SS (Depending on what u have installed) then give it a shot. If it doesnt work restore your back up! Post how this goes if u try.
-Beta Mod-

Posted Image

#39 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

Alright for anyone interested. I finally got around to playing with the boot animation option on ROM Toolbox and it was as simple as downloading the animation i wanted and pressing install. Rebooted just fine and the animation ran smoothly. No problems whatsoever. So much fun having a rooted phone... ;)

#40 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Google+:thegsxr1000kid

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Alright for anyone interested. I finally got around to playing with the boot animation option on ROM Toolbox and it was as simple as downloading the animation i wanted and pressing install. Rebooted just fine and the animation ran smoothly. No problems whatsoever. So much fun having a rooted phone... ;)

good very good. Thanks for being the genie pig for the rest of us
3.0 icsourcery GNex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users