• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Glad it worked for you!
I just tried it without choosing download and it works fine. Download just puts a copy on your phone. But, just to be safe.. download then install.

The only thing I can't get to take are status bar colors. All icons and boots work alright for me.

Sent from my XT912

#42 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

Alright for anyone interested. I finally got around to playing with the boot animation option on ROM Toolbox and it was as simple as downloading the animation i wanted and pressing install. Rebooted just fine and the animation ran smoothly. No problems whatsoever. So much fun having a rooted phone...

Glad to see your spreading your wings bud

Sent from my Droid Razr
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#43 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hey others have done it here for our benefit Kid. Trying to do my tiny part as well. :D

Agreed tyrthas. Better to be safe than sorry. Especially when you're still a bit wet behind the ears like I am. ;)

#44 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Wouldn't have gotten to this point without your help Tmc!
  • Taco likes this

#45 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

Wouldn't have gotten to this point without your help Tmc!

Nah skills and hunger for knowledge is all yours my friend I just answered some questions. Really glad your part of the community here and are already giving back!

Sent from my Droid Razr
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#46 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Nah skills and hunger for knowledge is all yours my friend I just answered some questions. Really glad your part of the community here and are already giving back!

Sent from my Droid Razr

Definitely agree with that. He's been a great addition. And hunger for knowledge is a great thing!

Hey others have done it here for our benefit Kid. Trying to do my tiny part as well.

Agreed tyrthas. Better to be safe than sorry. Especially when you're still a bit wet behind the ears like I am.

Ive been doing this for a few years and still consider myself wet behind the ears. I learn new things every day.

As far as Kid goes.. he is a beast. He's taught me new things since my OG Evo. Listen to him, he knows his $#!+.

Sent from my XT912

#47 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Thanks guys.With all the encouragement and help everyone here provides it makes it easier to step out of the comfort zone.

Alright enough sunshine and rainbows. Off to squeeze in some research before calling it a night. :D

#48 tyrthas

tyrthas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

No need to be so gushy lol!

And hell yeah! I'm reading up before be myself.

Sent from my XT912

#49 vash_h

vash_h

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Google+:chiayx
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

Droid wall.. Best root app available.. Best way to save battery without needing to stop background sync.

Sent from my Motorola Razr XT910
Running Rooted Motorola Droid XT910 on 65.1.21.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

#50 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Anyone know an app to change the stock transition animations

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#51 tyrthas

tyrthas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

Anyone know an app to change the stock transition animations

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You can do it with ROM Toolbox. Go the the Theme Manager section.

Sent from my XT912

#52 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

You can do it with ROM Toolbox. Go the the Theme Manager section.

Sent from my XT912

I'm assuming you've done this before bud. Any special precautions other than backing up? Is there one animation pack you would recommend over another?

#53 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

I'm assuming you've done this before bud. Any special precautions other than backing up? Is there one animation pack you would recommend over another?

What's up bud

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#54 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

What's up bud

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Cool story, bud.

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#55 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

Whoa... I put (bracket) /lol (bracket) and i figured it would just pass through instead of try to encode it... is /lol HTML that I didn't know about? lol

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#56 tyrthas

tyrthas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

Sorry I'm doing some drywall work today. Loads of fun. It will give you the option to back up your framework. That's all I did but it never hurts to have a fresh nand. I've only used the Framework Animations one. Haven't tested any of the ones from the psyntyst.

My personal favorite is the Fly-in/Flip.

The Notification Backgrounds work too. Used those when i was on another Transformers kick. :P

Sent from my XT912

#57 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

So you guys prefer Juice Defender over the built in Smart Actions? I was using...whatever the one that turns off background data when the screen is off is called...and I noticed it drained my battery faster. Thinking because I check my phone so often it had to restart data then turn it back off, which wound up using more battery than if I just left LTE do it's thing. Maybe the people who said Juice Defender drained their battery ran into the same thing. Anyways just downloaded Moto's data app and Juice Defender to try it out.

EDIT: Oh and I also use ROM Toolbox, TiBu, SetCPU (slow the CPU when the screen is off, battery low), and also Keyboard Manager, it allows you to change the keyboard based on phone orientation. So for me, swype in portrait, default in landscape. I like the default auto correct better, so I use it for landscape, and can't really beat swype in portrait.

#58 ericbee

ericbee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:magicaldustman

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:41 AM

One of the first things I installed was sqlite editor so that I could make my wireless tethering free. I don't use it regularly, but I need the option of using it. My work pays the bill and they wont add that feature, yet some depts can get a air card which costs them even more monthly.

I know this is kind of off topic for what this all turned into but...you mentioned juice defender as a must have app. It was one of the first apps I found when I searched what to get after rooting and flashing a rom. I bought the pro version and used it for about a week and a half but I eneded up uninstalling last night. I'm still pretty green to all of this, but I noticed it was actually making my battery life worse. I'm sure it was something I did or set, but did anyone else run into this problem? I've heard nothing but great things about it, so I'm sure it has to be user error :) (P.S. Just spend a few bucks if you tried a free version of an app and liked it. I am really starting to get into this stuff and I would hate to see the devs stop doing such great work because they can't get any support!)

JD and apps like it have pretty much been proven to be more trouble than they are worth. Smart actions can manage a lot of of your battery draining features and its on the phone by default. Task killers are useless too, but someone always likes to argue with me on that.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#59 smkesmec4r0n1c

smkesmec4r0n1c

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

I am running Abysm 1.1 and use JD Ultimate. I use Advanced settings based on my usage, which is quite a lot. This option allows you to dig deep into your battery. I do not allow JD to manage my WiFi or GPS. I manually turn them on as needed. The Night and Peak settings are good as well. I highly recommend the Advanced option. You just need to spend a little time at it to figure out how you would like it to run. With my current settings it has increased my battery life by x2.61. I can go about 40 hours on one battery. Thats with actively using my phone.

Abysm 1.1 Razr Maxx

#60 iDFLO

iDFLO

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

How do I know if I have s-off on my phone, since it is required for Root Toolbox pro? My phone has bootstrap and cwm and is running DT's axiom ab5 rom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users